Toast Jordy McMahon appreciation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordy McMahon, we love you.

GWS has shown what a great deal we got with Jordy.

Firstly, the pick we traded him for got Callan Ward...A mercenary who left at the first opportunity.

Then Jordy kicks a goal after the siren to beat Melbourne, so they get Scully, who also left for the $'s at first opportunity, and we get Dusty, who turned down the big bucks to extend his contract at Richmond when he probably could have earned as much as Ward & Scully combined.

I'll drink to that.

Cheers Sanchez!

01-CHEERS.jpg

Next thing we know since the common denominator in both moves has been Sanchez, GM and TW will claim they were the geniuses ahead of their time, that conjured up a never before seen plan that landed us Dustin Martin..TW knew that Ward and Scully were destined for GWS, he was indeed a genius ahead of his time...
We get Sanchez, the dogs get Ward, Sanchez gets Melbourne Scully, we get Martin and in the end no Sanchez, no Ward, no Scully and we have Dusty....sublime bit of visionary recruiting by GM and TW;)

Really though if he hadn't of kicked the goal we probably would have still picked up Martin but at no.2 or we would have got Trengove instead. SO the situation would almost be exactly the same.

I also doubt Ward would have left a club on the rise...as the bulldogs were heading down it was an easy decision. Even if we had of we would have got a first rounder.

So McMahon is still a dud who cost us a first rounder

Really though if he hadn't of kicked the goal we probably would have still picked up Martin but at no.2 or we would have got Trengove instead. SO the situation would almost be exactly the same.

I also doubt Ward would have left a club on the rise...as the bulldogs were heading down it was an easy decision. Even if we had of we would have got a first rounder.

Mods, please delete this post. Not in the spirit of the thread in any way :D

Next thing we know since the common denominator in both moves has been Sanchez, GM and TW will claim they were the geniuses ahead of their time, that conjured up a never before seen plan that landed us Dustin Martin..TW knew that Ward and Scully were destined for GWS, he was indeed a genius ahead of his time...
We get Sanchez, the dogs get Ward, Sanchez gets Melbourne Scully, we get Martin and in the end no Sanchez, no Ward, no Scully and we have Dusty....sublime bit of visionary recruiting by GM and TW;)

This.....:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Welcome back cogga....we missed ya:)

You don't know that though, Scully had a lot of hype around him going into that draft. Also, I really rate Trengove, but would much rather have Martin. All in all, this has actually worked out pretty well for us.

There's no guarantee we would have drafted Ward, it's just that the dogs wasting the pick on Ward means that it's no longer the source of frustration it once was.

Also, if you want to be technical, it was a 2nd rounder in a year we finished bottom.

Which classic moment will it depict? :D

the three amigos arm in arm looking with welcoming looks towards the door they were about to exit, with Dusty about to enter...with all of them waving Dusty in....Better still they can commission one of those paintings in the rooms with the 3 of them and the door etc;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously... once we get players were pretty good at keeping them ... who says these players would have left?

Scully is a mad tiger fan .. why would he leave? Dustin would have left a pathetic club such as Melbourne

WERE NOT MELBOURNE OR DOGS

the three amigos arm in arm looking with welcoming looks towards the door they were about to exit, with Dusty about to enter...with all of them waving Dusty in....Better still they can commission one of those paintings in the rooms with the 3 of them and the door etc;)

Can the painting include Jake King in the background telling Wallace to GTFO?

seriously... once we get players were pretty good at keeping them ... who says these players would have left?

Scully is a mad tiger fan .. why would he leave? Dustin would have left a pathetic club such as Melbourne

WERE NOT MELBOURNE OR DOGS

We actually have done pretty well to hold onto our players in recent years.

As for the Scully part though, being a Richmond supporter is no guarantee he'd have turned GWS down if we'd drafted him. He seems to be the ultimate professional, and would probably be more inclined to chase the dollars, not everyone is a Trent Cotchin.

If only we knew when Tug and I bumped into him at AAMI a few weeks back!

But we need to be measured here. GWS will no doubt have their eyes on our list and players even contracted for next year.

Haere Ra

Who did we get for Tambling?

Any chance that the name Tambling in the future can bring a big cheeky smile to the face of a Richmond supporter.

We received the compo pick and pick 50 from Adelaide for Tambling. We took D-Mac at 51, I assume since Geelong used one of their compo picks we dropped back one spot. We'll have to wait and see what becomes of our compo pick.

Who did we get for Tambling?

Any chance that the name Tambling in the future can bring a big cheeky smile to the face of a Richmond supporter.

The compensation pick and McDonald, I think? It's going to take a lot to get us smiling over that though.

Jordy McMahon, we love you.

GWS has shown what a great deal we got with Jordy.

Firstly, the pick we traded him for got Callan Ward...A mercenary who left at the first opportunity.

Then Jordy kicks a goal after the siren to beat Melbourne, so they get Scully, who also left for the $'s at first opportunity, and we get Dusty, who turned down the big bucks to extend his contract at Richmond when he probably could have earned as much as Ward & Scully combined.

settle down, if the compo picks we get for ward turn out to be duds then I will gladly admit we got reamed.

that is a moot point anyway, the fact that he helped you land Dustin Martin the best player of the draft and also avoid Scully is reason enough to love him.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jordy McMahon appreciation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back