Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You guys would be mad to get rid of Hansen to gain Caddy. Hansen is finally starting to fulfill the promise he showed as a 17/18 year old.

Spot on, we simply must keep him imo. As much as id like Caddy to play for us, i dont want it at the expense of Hansen or other required players. Hansen hits peak as Petrie declines, Tarrant is simply isnt big enough and is too slow to be the main target.

Unless we can get him to nominate us only, we don't have a viable alternative to the compo pick. If he's happy to go to Geelong I think we're out.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/gol...elder-josh-caddy/story-fn7shx05-1226492203565http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/to...-out-of-hawthorn/story-fnfll94y-1226492391699
A DEAL landing Josh Caddy at Geelong is close after Gold Coast backed down on its original demand for two first-round picks for the talented midfielder.
Both clubs were last night finalising a shuffling of later draft picks expected to clear the way for Caddy to return home to Victoria.
The central piece of the deal is the Cats' first-round compensation

**** caddy. If he hasn't nominated us now he doesn't want to play for us enough. Let him go somewhere else.

Exactly. Would like to know where inside sources got their info that he had nominated us.... It's a bidding war, and we don't hold any trump cards. Time to move on, maybe change the subject to who we could get in the draft with our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he gets signed to the cats tomorrow there will be swarm of their supporters laying the boots in
Very true... Where is 5GBUSB or whatever his name is? The notion that players have this affinity with the club they supported has proved time and again to be very negligible in the grand scheme of things. Money and compensation trump it 10 fold.

Robinsons article isn't claiming it's a done deal.

Only wow factor for Gold Coast's Josh Caddy right now is the asking price

THE Gold Coast surely was joking.

It wanted two first-round draft picks to release Josh Caddy to either Geelong, North Melbourne, Melbourne and St Kilda, with Carlton yet to be a serious suitor.

It is way overs for a young man who has talent, but was so lacking in wow factor that the coaching staff could only vote him 17th best in the club's best-and-fairest.

After trying and failing to get to Essendon last year, Caddy could be forgiven for having his head in another place - namely at home, where his father had undergone heart surgery.

But 17th in a team that won three games is not deserving of two first-rounders.
The Suns will budge. They have to.

The Cats lead the way, according to Caddy's manager Peter Lenton, but the Saints have not given up.

In fact, the Cats are confident. They are likely to trade back to the Suns the first-round compensation pick they received for losing Gary Ablett, and there will be a reshuffle of later picks.

It hasn't been activated, so the Suns could use it for the 2013 draft.

The Blues have been quiet, but with pick No.11 and a belief that Caddy has a soft spot for them, they may be a late swooper.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...the-asking-price/story-fn6z3p5k-1226492369213

He has basically resorted to the throwaway line used by Caddys manager this morning.

I'm over it I'd rather someone who wants us 100% then a guy who whores himself around. Go to the draft again - keep lachy and trade Hmac and Peterson for second and third rounders and we are set

How much more valuable is their compo pick compared to ours? I still think they will be competitive next year, which will have a bearing on the compo. No way Geelong would have given up their other first rounder, & all the talk that GC don't want any players via a trade, even if Geelong had any of value that is on the table. It is all pointing to the fact that we were just one of 3-4 clubs that caddy said he would not mind playing at.

I'm over I'd rather someone who wants us 100% then a guy who whores himself around. Go to the draft again - keep lachy and trade Hmac and Peterson for second and third rounders and we are set

Peterson has to go.

(I'm not even sure we're meant to have him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back