Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok , lets cut to the chase. If we want Caddy who I think will be a super player in the future we need to give up something decent. Our picks are not good enough to compete with Geelong so it has to be a player. Lachie Hansen would get the deal done surely. He has been around long enough and will never be a consistant top performer for us but offers something to the Gold Coast. Tarrant and Hanson in the same side worries me. If Geelong were to get Caddy I would not give them HMac as we are just helping them to more finals sucess. Now get the deal done otherwise we will miss out and I have no doubt Caddy wants to be a North player.(Was a big North supporter as are his family)
Black and Daw will replace Hanson in the future. If Hmac and Hansen go should look at keeping Pedo.

First post in this thread. Agreed, we can't just put every player in the 'untouchable' pile and expect our draft picks just to do the work. GC have had bags of them over the last two seasons. They simply don't need any more. What they need is players, and if Hansen will get the deal done then I think we may have to pull the trigger if we really rate Caddy.

Hansen for Caddy definitely feels like overs.I agree, at his best at CHB and with a sustained run in that role, he would be very damaging. I haven't seen any footage of Hansen as an U18 but from reports, he killed his opponent, ran off him and influenced the game further up field. He was starting to do this before his bad hamstring injury and I am just not sold that he best utilised up forward, despite kicking some very decent bags of goals (20 from 12 games).

I know it has been said numerous times over the last 5 years, but he just seems a natural when playing in defence, more so than when playing forward.

I too would be very sorry to lose Hansen. Despite his deficiencies, he is one of my favourite players in our best 22.

Lachie isn't even on the table. He's one of a few blokes that are waiting for the trade period to end so that contracts can be finalised.

You guys would be mad to get rid of Hansen to gain Caddy. Hansen is finally starting to fulfill the promise he showed as a 17/18 year old.
Exactly, he'll be rated in the same league as Tomahawk a vital cog in any team.

North staying quiet is good if we end up with something decent at the end of it.....

If we end up with nothing, then perception is that North have sat on their hands.

Balmes approach wins both ways....perfect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, he'll be rated in the same league as Tomahawk a vital cog in any team.

I remember some posters on our board wanting to get rid of Hawkins 2 years ago thinking he would never amount to anything. The likes of Judd and Selwood are anomalies rather than the norm but unfortunately we now see much of the footy public and even media far too quick to write off kids that may take a bit longer to mature - both physically and mentally. Personally I reckon Hansen will be one of the leading CHB's in the league within 2 years - why would you get rid of him now for a midfielder that may be a very good player but hardly irreplaceable? Anyway all the best - hopefully one of our two teams will get Caddy - we have invested too much time and effort on BigFooty for him to go elsewhere!

Can someone clear something up for me?

If Geelong finish higher than 8th next year their compo pick is worse than our round 1 pick, right??

TYIA

Can someone clear something up for me?

If Geelong finish higher than 8th next year their compo pick is worse than our round 1 pick, right??

TYIA

Geelong have to tank for that pick to be worth anything of note.

anyone starting to get sick of this whole Caddy saga? Kid is making himself look like a little upright tool.

(Edit, didnt see your second post, but ill leave this here anyway).

What exactly has he done?

Hasn't PUBLICLY nominated a club, probably at the bequest of GC who would of asked him to keep quiet to give them bargaining power. Theyre the ones asking for ridiculously high compensation, if anyone was to point the finger id point it at GC as making themselves look foolish regardless of their intentions (to look like t hey cant be bullied).

I will be seriously disapointed if we lose HMac, Pedo and Lachie and don't get Caddy!

I will be seriously disapointed if we lose HMac, Pedo and Lachie and don't get Caddy!
If Caddy wants to be playing with a team on the way up, then he might also be just as disappointed as us if he goes elsewhere.

More suggestions Geelong is a frontrunner:

The Magpies could also have used pick four in a trade to Gold Coast for Josh Caddy, whose uncle is in senior management at Collingwood. While there were suggestions last night that Collingwood would try to trade its first-round pick and the one from West Coast to the Suns for Caddy, it is unlikely to pursue that option. Talks over Caddy are understood to be well advanced between Gold Coast and Geelong. The Cats are resisting the Suns’ push for both the banked Gary Ablett compensation pick and the Cats’ first-round draft pick.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wellingham-to-west-coast-for-first-round-pick-20121009-27b2q.html#ixzz28nTZAE3P

I'm really happy for us to sign Lachie, keep McIntosh unless a good deal is struck, get rid of some fringe players that aren't vital and go to the draft.

Caddy is a nice to have, but not a neccessity.

I actually think we might be very quiet like we have been for the last few years.

I actually think we might be very quiet like we have been for the last few years.

Yep, i think it is looking this way. We are going to have to come from behind to snare caddy, with the pick we have doubt we will get him. Take the pick to the draft, there will be quality around that pick & grow organically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back