Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I understand the whole Gold Coast want Geelong's compensation pick so North should trade for that, I don't see why Geelong does that. Surely, if they are genuinely interested in Caddy, they will let it all drag out and try force Caddy to cave in (if it is true that he is demanding the Kangaroos). The risk is that the Gold Coast will cave but I don't know why Geelong wouldn't take the risk as the gain is a lot higher than just purely conceding defeat now.

Getting Hamish McIntosh a few picks cheaper than he is worth, isn't a great deal for Geelong, especially considering his large salary and the seemingly larger supply of ruckmen on the market this year in comparison to previous years. Geelong will surely demand more than that to drop out of the race for Caddy. It's probably down to two possible clubs now so even if the chance is only 30% of him going to Geelong, the benefits of trying to force Caddy's hands outweigh the risk.

It just doesn't make sense from Geelong's perspective even though it makes sense for the Kangaroos. Charity doesn't exist at AFL level.

Gold Coast are trying to sell a house in Kew, for the price of a house in Toorak.

We will meet somewhere in the middle i.e Camberwell.

They need to. Caddy certainly won't be the last 'I want to go home' player on their current list.

As much as I understand the whole Gold Coast want Geelong's compensation pick so North should trade for that, I don't see why Geelong does that. Surely, if they are genuinely interested in Caddy, they will let it all drag out and try force Caddy to cave in (if it is true that he is demanding the Kangaroos). The risk is that the Gold Coast will cave but I don't know why Geelong wouldn't take the risk as the gain is a lot higher than just purely conceding defeat now.

Getting Hamish McIntosh a few picks cheaper than he is worth, isn't a great deal for Geelong, especially considering his large salary and the seemingly larger supply of ruckmen on the market this year in comparison to previous years. Geelong will surely demand more than that to drop out of the race for Caddy. It's probably down to two possible clubs now so even if the chance is only 30% of him going to Geelong, the benefits of trying to force Caddy's hands outweigh the risk.

It just doesn't make sense from Geelong's perspective even though it makes sense for the Kangaroos. Charity doesn't exist at AFL level.

They would be doing it on the understanding Caddy wants to play at North.

Geelong have apparently cooled their interest in Caddy. Some thinking O'Bree coming to them as a coach might have something to do with it.

Considering their culture for developing from within, if a player doesn't want to play for them, I don't think they'd chase them.

They would be doing it on the understanding Caddy wants to play at North.
Yes but why would Geelong facilitate it? Caddy seemingly has Geelong as his second option. If a deal with the Roos falls over, who would be second in line?

Geelong will be vultures not facilitators unless it suits them. They will be opportunistic not charitable. They owe Caddy or the Kangaroos nothing. They have something the Gold Coast wants and will play hard ball to make sure Caddy to the Kangaroos falls over so they can try swoop in.

Lets not forget too that Caddy hasn't publicly nominated a club and his manager has said Geelong are in the lead so all this Geelong being the facilitator thing, is way too early to call.

Yes but why would Geelong facilitate it? Caddy seemingly has Geelong as his second option. If a deal with the Roos falls over, who would be second in line?

Geelong will be vultures not facilitators unless it suits them. They will be opportunistic not charitable. They owe Caddy or the Kangaroos nothing. They have something the Gold Coast wants and will play hard ball to make sure Caddy to the Kangaroos falls over so they can try swoop in.

Lets not forget too that Caddy hasn't publicly nominated a club and his manager has said Geelong are in the lead so all this Geelong being the facilitator thing, is way too early to call.

Because Geelong are very keen on H.

Geelong have apparently cooled their interest in Caddy. Some thinking O'Bree coming to them as a coach might have something to do with it.

Considering their culture for developing from within, if a player doesn't want to play for them, I don't think they'd chase them.
Cooled their interest due to the Gold Coast wanting two first rounders. Where is the Kangaroos' second first rounder? The GC rejected Geelong's compensation pick alone. It was said they said no to the Gold Coast not they weren't interested. No one was interested in two first rounders for Caddy so in that case, the Saints and Kangaroos aren't interest either.

Like all clubs, you are interested at the right price and say 15 and Compo for Caddy is too high. The Kangaroos too need another pick up their sleeve to satisfy GC at the moment.

His manager said nothing of any substance at all.

Geelong may not want to pursue a player who wants to get to North. They may have conceded we'll get a deal done. I don't know. But I am pretty confident we wouldn't be giving McIntosh away early in the trade period unless it was linked to Caddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His manager said nothing of any substance at all.

Geelong may not want to pursue a player who wants to get to North. They may have conceded we'll get a deal done. I don't know. But I am pretty confident we wouldn't be giving McIntosh away early in the trade period unless it was linked to Caddy.

GC confirming that Caddy is happy to go to three or four clubs and hasn't nominated a particular club.

When the statements that have been made publicly (including from Caddy's manager who stated Geelong are "leading the charge") that the GC want Geelong's compensation, there is no way that Geelong would give up pole position.

What team I barrack for is irrelevant, its a dumb idea, that Geelong would despite being in the best position to satisfy GC and with Caddy not nominating a team, would give up and help other teams land him. Remember, Geelong also have two first rounders sitting there if they want.

You do realise you're on the North board, where North fans are hypothesising about what the McIntosh trade may or may not mean, don't you?

Caddy's manager played the straightest of straight bats yesterday. Most on this forum feel that Josh has nominated North privately. Whether that is true or not, who knows.

GC confirming that Caddy is happy to go to three or four clubs and hasn't nominated a particular club.

That's only what GC says, neither Caddy or his manager has said that. And what is said to the media doesn't mean it's right, it's what's being said behind closed doors and the whispers indicate that NMFC is his preferred destination.

Your whole premise is flawed because it is based on an undervaluation of McIntosh.

When the statements that have been made publicly (including from Caddy's manager who stated Geelong are "leading the charge")

Just a footnote on this.

Caddys manager never said Geelong is leading the charge, what he said was he feels the compo pick would be most attractive out of what the 3 clubs had to offer (To Gold Coast, completely ignoring other factors such as preference of where Josh wanted to go etc).

This doesn't mean they lead, just that they hold the highest pick, which isn't necessarily going to mean they get him.

Just a footnote on this.

Caddys manager never said Geelong is leading the charge, what he said was he feels the compo pick would be most attractive out of what the 3 clubs had to offer (To Gold Coast, completely ignoring other factors such as preference of where Josh wanted to go etc).

This doesn't mean they lead, just that they hold the highest pick, which isn't necessarily going to mean they get him.

Most people aren't detecting the spin and double speak surrounding the Caddy trade.

My impression is that GC knows something is up, but the details have not revealed themselves yet.

When the statements that have been made publicly (including from Caddy's manager who stated Geelong are "leading the charge") that the GC want Geelong's compensation, there is no way that Geelong would give up pole position.

What team I barrack for is irrelevant, its a dumb idea, that Geelong would despite being in the best position to satisfy GC and with Caddy not nominating a team, would give up and help other teams land him. Remember, Geelong also have two first rounders sitting there if they want.

Geelong won't negotiate with GC on those terms (2 first round picks) - which then takes away their previous advantage of the compo pick. Geelong are also very keen on McIntosh, which changes the landscape as we want Caddy and he has nominated Nth. I think that Geelong realise now that they won't be able to get both.

Also GC are playing hard ball but really they could end up with nothing if this all falls over and Caddy simply goes into the draft. So essentially it is imperative that GC do a deal. At the moment the best deal looks like it will come from Nth based on a number of players we may be able to trade out for picks to pass onto GC with 14.

This morning's Herald Sun says that the Kangaroos want Geelong's second pick (about late 30s) for McIntosh and Geelong will only offer their third pick (about mid 50s) at this stage. Sounds like McIntosh's value isn't particularly high especially considering Geelong are being linked with Jordan Gysberts with their second rounder (which sounds a lot closer to a done deal and is purely one of those deals that waits till near the end).

That's not my opinion. That is what is being reported. I would have rate McIntosh higher but obviously the Cats or Kangaroos don't think he is worth what the public does.

My impression is that GC knows something is up, but the details have not revealed themselves yet.[/quote]

Agree , as soon as it is common knowledge where Caddy wants to go GC don't have the power they think or wish they had

This morning's Herald Sun says that the Kangaroos want Geelong's second pick (about late 30s) for McIntosh and Geelong will only offer their third pick (about mid 50s) at this stage. Sounds like McIntosh's value isn't particularly high especially considering Geelong are being linked with Jordan Gysberts with their second rounder (which sounds a lot closer to a done deal and is purely one of those deals that waits till near the end).

That's not my opinion. That is what is being reported. I would have rate McIntosh higher but obviously the Cats or Kangaroos don't think he is worth what the public does.
The fact that the Age says that Gysberts to Geelong with their third means this is just speculation, which everything is at this point. Just 'cause it's reported don't make it true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back