Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand GC wanting to get the max and appear as being tough to deal with.
If they gave in straight away they'd look soft. They probably think he's gonna be all australian, so they're driving a hard bargain. But he's not worth that if Ablett was that.

If the compo pick was up for grabs from Geelong then the GC would have pounced and the deal would have already been done.

This tells us something interesting. Caddy has not committed to Geelong and is therefore not likely to do that.

Why are Geelong pushing for a cheap deal on Hamish than?

Join the dots.

Caddy has the potential to be a gun and i would love nothing more to see him play for us but it might be time to be realistic and walk away from the talks. if us the cats and saints all walk away that leaves no real interest in caddy. GC will need to come crawling back to one of us with a more realistic deal or lose him for nothing. We have been bent over too many times at the trade table we cant let the newbie teams try and do the same.

I find it hard to fathom how losing a good player brings out the best in another player.

I understand the greater game time stuff, so no need to counter with that.

Goldy is currently a very good tap ruckman. He is also currently a very very ordinary around the ground player and certainly inferior to Hamish in that regard.
I agree - Goldy just needs to harden the f*** up and start playing with some presence.

I agree - Goldy just needs to harden the f*** up and start playing with some presence.

We can't expect too much whilst the coach is currently obsessed with endurance.

There's a reason Goldy runs all day and it's not because he can benchpress 500kgs.

Let's just trump Geelong's offer to Gysberts just to piss them off. F****** handbaggers.

I wouldn't mind giving a 2nd round pick for the ranga, i think he has some serious potential in a good team.

Would Hansen be on the cards at all, guys?

If North are willing to let him go to the Suns as part of a Caddy trade, along with a pick of some sort, I imagine that would put the Roos right in the box seat to land him. Especially with Bluey saying in our local rag this morning that he would go for a tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. With Hansen also having skills as a CHB, that would be even better.

Article here.

Recent speculations suggest the Suns would continue to build the farm of young forwards after Tippett chose Sydney as his preferred destination on Saturday.

But McKenna declared the Suns would still make a bold bid for a tall forward in the coming days.

"We missed out on Kurt but we still haven't lost our drive to get a senior player or two on our list," McKenna said.

"We've stated before (we are looking for) a key tall forward/ruck, who call help out one our developing rucks and our developing forwards.

"But if that doesn't work out then we are looking at taller defenders to bolster our defence too."

Would Hansen be on the cards at all, guys?

If North are willing to let him go to the Suns as part of a Caddy trade, along with a pick of some sort, I imagine that would put the Roos right in the box seat to land him. Especially with Bluey saying in our local rag this morning that he would go for a tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. With Hansen also having skills as a CHB, that would be even better.

Article here.

If Caddy is worth 2 first round picks, Hansen is worth 5. ;)

We would all be disappointed to see Hansen leave.
If he wants to play games with the club (demanding more money) and doesn't want to be a part of our premiership push.
I would be happy to trade Hansen for Caddy + a sweetener

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even a Caddy direct swap is no good? :eek:

I'm more just trying to find out if he's 'gettable', I guess. So many rumours going around, but have no idea who to believe. ;)
I'll probably get torched for saying this, but IMO a straight swap would be fair.

Hansen + pick 14, no freaking way

Our 5th best KPP (Thompson, Petrie, Goldy, Grima), and it certainly helps with structure, we can't have 3 talls in the forward line who can't ruck

I don't want it to happen, but if it does I'll still sleep easy at night

He is more valuable than Grima and Thompson as he can play equally as well at both ends of the field.

I don't class Goldy as a KPP as he is a ruckman.

There's some absurd shit surfacing in this thread.

There's maybe two Hansens in every draft.

There would be six Caddys.

I'm more just trying to find out if he's 'gettable', I guess. So many rumours going around, but have no idea who to believe. ;)

I think Hansen is gettable as he is currently "exploring his options". I would be very surprised if we gave him up cheaply tho it would need to be a very tempting offer for us to let him depart.

Word is he doesn't want to leave, he is probably trying to find a better offer to come back to the club and say, "Look, club X is willing to give me Y and you are offering me Z which is much lower, how about we settle for somewhere in between."

If he was seriously thinking of going, which is always a possibility if the offer is good enough, you would think that Hansen for Caddy plus dropping a couple of those 2nd round picks you have accumulated and don't want to use would be good enough. We would likely get more value for McIntosh in a one out deal that way as well. We should ask for Geelong's pick 15 for him, it is absurd that a contracted AA ruckmen would go cheaply at his age.

If we lose McIntosh and Hansen and gain Caddy and go to the draft with pick 14, 15 and say 3 second round picks I think it would put us in a very good position. While I rate Hansen highly, if he wants to leave it is beyond our control and I think Black or Kennedy can come in and take over the 3rd tall option.

I'd be sad to see Hansen go though, same with McIntosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back