Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Our last 4 5 father sons;

Will Kelly (hamstring off the bone as an 18yr old)
Tyler Brown (?)
Callum Brown :)thumbsdown:) has show glimpses, needs to have a break out game
Josh Daicos :)thumbsdown:)
Darcy Moore (Struggling to stay on the park)

Edited

Last edited:
Second year on the list and looks very meh, he isn't coming on like good players do IMO, worth persevering with?
I don't like his chances.

Reminds me of Broomhead. Balance poise and neat skills. But physically NQR for any AFL role. Not quick enough for small forward. Not enough endurance for outside mid. Not strong enough for small defender.

Needs to make a decision between small defender or outside mid and work his butt off to get either his strength or endurance up to play whichever role he thinks he's most suited to.

I don't like his chances.

Reminds me of Broomhead. Balance poise and neat skills. But physically NQR for any AFL role. Not quick enough for small forward. Not enough endurance for outside mid. Not strong enough for small defender.

Needs to make a decision between small defender or outside mid and work his butt off to get either his strength or endurance up to play whichever role he thinks he's most suited to.
He reminds me of a lot of elite junior basketballers I come across, contrary to popular belief elite junior basketballers rarely make elite footballers IMO, I know kids who smash rebounds like machines only to absolutely crap their pants when going for a pack mark in AFL footy.

I think he’ll be a late developer and be a better Fasolo.
Not in a million years. Fasolo could jump and take a big grab and had good body strength-enough to worry Rance on one memorable night. Daicos is one paced and physically unimposing. Not the make up which takes a player far in the modern game.

He reminds me of a lot of elite junior basketballers I come across, contrary to popular belief elite junior basketballers rarely make elite footballers IMO, I know kids who smash rebounds like machines only to absolutely crap their pants when going for a pack mark in AFL footy.
I disagree with that one. I don't think he's a guy with the attributes but not the ticker. I jusy don't think he's physically right for AFL. He's basically got Didaks physical attributes, but a quarter of his skill. Needs to focus on one attribute amd make it elite. His best chance is to try to run with Phillips and keep trying and trying until he can run with Phillips. I see that as his only genuine chance.

I disagree with that one. I don't think he's a guy with the attributes but not the ticker. I jusy don't think he's physically right for AFL. He's basically got Didaks physical attributes, but a quarter of his skill. Needs to focus on one attribute amd make it elite. His best chance is to try to run with Phillips and keep trying and trying until he can run with Phillips. I see that as his only genuine chance.
I don't think he has the tank or the running ability for that, I follow little athletics religiously and he either didn't do little aths (which would surprise me greatly) or he just wasn't good enough to raise a mention.

Every child of talented footballers should do little aths.

I don't think he has the tank or the running ability for that, I follow little athletics religiously and he either didn't do little aths (which would surprise me greatly) or he just wasn't good enough to raise a mention.

Every child of talented footballers should do little aths.
You're probably right and he probably won't make it. I just think that, who knows, maybe he could become an endurance beast if he worked his butt off and make it as an outside mid. Hes not ever going to develop the pace or brilliance to be a good small forward.

You're probably right and he probably won't make it. I just think that, who knows, maybe he could become an endurance beast if he worked his butt off and make it as an outside mid. Hes not ever going to develop the pace or brilliance to be a good small forward.
His dad wasn't exactly a physical specimen, I think Josh's main battle is in his head, wanting the ball, the courage to take the game on even after being caught a couple of times, things like that.

I tell my boy to do the same, get caught so what? Get back on the horse and do it again, and again, don't go into a shell.

His dad wasn't exactly a physical specimen, I think Josh's main battle is in his head, wanting the ball, the courage to take the game on even after being caught a couple of times, things like that.

I tell my boy to do the same, get caught so what? Get back on the horse and do it again, and again, don't go into a shell.
His dad was the most skilled player to ever play the game, thus could excel even though his body wasn't AFL and played in an era where small forwards weren't expected to chase or provide multiple efforts. With his current body, Josh needs Didak levels of brilliance - that's not happening.

His dad was the most skilled player to ever play the game, thus could excel even though his body wasn't AFL and played in an era where small forwards weren't expected to chase or provide multiple efforts. With his current body, Josh needs Didak levels of brilliance - that's not happening.
Daics as a youngster worked super hard to develop skill kicking around a rolled up sock. Did young Daics so this or expect it to happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point.

i don't know. Did JDG?
Shouldn't expect any more from Josh than any other youngster.
Point being was that you don't inherit skill, you have to work on it. That was the trademark of Daics.

In contrast Moore has inherited his old man's brilliant athleticism, that is genetics and unfortunately suspect hammies too.

For Josh to succeed with his lack of pace and body size, his skill would have to equal his father's.

Point being was that you don't inherit skill, you have to work on it. That was the trademark of Daics.

In contrast Moore has inherited his old man's brilliant athleticism, that is genetics and unfortunately suspect hammies too.

For Josh to succeed with his lack of pace and body size, his skill would have to equal his father's.

Sorry missed that. Good point.

Move on. Or are they waiting for the second Daicos to arrive.

Use to be lineball between him and Callum. Callum is now streets ahead. Daicos has such slow reaction time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back