Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

Would love Dunkley at the Lions. But just don't see how we would have the capital to make it happen even if we wanted to.

Picks this year will be eaten up by Ashcroft & Fletcher. A next years first isn't going to cut it. I don't see why we would consider trading Payne with Adams recent concussion/general injuries. Not sure what else we could trade really. Dev going to WCE wouldn't be enough either

Sam Edmund said this today lol

Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)

“So hard to read this.

“I’ve come and gone with this, yesterday my confidence had well and truly cracked.

“The Brisbane offer is close to comparable for Josh Dunkley, it’s not like Brisbane have blown the Dogs off the water.

“But the Port Adelaide offer, however, is a better one financially, that’s the superior offer and that’s the temptation.

“Internally, he’s super invested, I’m told he’s engaged and he’s behaving like a player that will be there for the long-term.

“But we won’t know until the Dogs’ season is finished either way.

“From their (the Western Bulldogs’) mind, they’re as comfortable as you can be when a key player hasn’t re-signed.”

Would love Dunkley at the Lions. But just don't see how we would have the capital to make it happen even if we wanted to.

Picks this year will be eaten up by Ashcroft & Fletcher. A next years first isn't going to cut it. I don't see why we would consider trading Payne with Adams recent concussion/general injuries. Not sure what else we could trade really. Dev going to WCE wouldn't be enough either
I mean, you're trading your first either way.

Sam Edmund said this today lol

Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)

“So hard to read this.

“I’ve come and gone with this, yesterday my confidence had well and truly cracked.

“The Brisbane offer is close to comparable for Josh Dunkley, it’s not like Brisbane have blown the Dogs off the water.

“But the Port Adelaide offer, however, is a better one financially, that’s the superior offer and that’s the temptation.

“Internally, he’s super invested, I’m told he’s engaged and he’s behaving like a player that will be there for the long-term.

“But we won’t know until the Dogs’ season is finished either way.

“From their (the Western Bulldogs’) mind, they’re as comfortable as you can be when a key player hasn’t re-signed.”
Has no idea

Dunkley will go where the money is. It's as simple as that. He's already had on field success in his career and he's in it to maximise his earnings.

Fortunes of teams can change quickly good or bad. 12 months ago Essendon pushed back into finals with a whole host of young talent.

If Essendon offered 200-300k a season more than others then he will be at Essendon.
I disagree,

Dunkley wasn't on that rich list of proposed contract values (lowest was an estimated $500,000 > $650,000 - Charlie Dixon), we have enough room in the salary cap to front load a 4 year deal of somewhere around a $1m a season mark and that would be enough to turn anyones head.
I get that and I’d like for him to come to Essendon, but I don’t personally see him coming to us when he can get a decent salary to play at Port (if he wants to move to Adelaide). I think he should be our number one priority and I doubt any team in the country can beat Essendon money wise, but I don’t see him come to a side with so much instability.

I think Essendon have the upper hand in the following:
  • Huge salary cap space meaning more money.
  • A team in Victoria
  • Leadership. He’ll almost definitely be a part of the leadership team at Essendon (I’d personally make him co-captain with Merrett).
  • Essendon have the most to offer Bulldogs on the trade table compared to Port and Brisbane.
  • Essendon is probably also the best destination for individual awards (eg Brownlow, AA etc) and post-football career.

On-field success however is not coming any time soon. The club is also very unstable at the moment so it’s hard to know what environment he’ll be walking in. I think it’s too risky for him to choose Essendon with Brisbane, Bulldogs and Port having all been contenders recently.

It depends on what he is looking for and I don’t see him choose Essendon as it currently stands.

I don't see us finishing bottom 4 again espsically with a softer draw and new coach bounce

I can honestly see Essendon starting next season 2nd favourites for the Wooden Spoon after West Coast ?

Your list is way off the pace, especially the midfield

I can honestly see Essendon starting next season 2nd favourites for the Wooden Spoon after West Coast ?

If we finish bottom 4 next season then the wheels must have completely fallen off the wagon despite the purge, or we're tanking. There's no real reason to think we'd get worse, it's not like half our senior players have been suspended or requested trades. I think the same applies to West Coast actually, though their circumstances are quite different. They shouldn't be as bad as they are.

In any case it doesn't sound like we are involved with anything Dunkley related so this is probably a discussion for a different thread.

If we finish bottom four next season after this purge then we are in deep,deep trouble and completely ****ed

I say the midfield is the strongest part of the list missing one big body mid. Would happily trade Parish if we get some one like Dunkley in.

The forward line and back line is where majority of the list problems are imo

If we finish bottom four next season after this purge then we are in deep,deep trouble and completely *ed

I say the midfield is the strongest part of the list missing one big body mid. Would happily trade Parish if we get some one like Dunkley in.

The forward line and back line is where majority of the list problems are imo
not necessarily

we'll get a new coach bounce and likely a softer draw.
But gotta ask can we get enough players back into form and as a system to leapfrog other clubs, and keep the 3 below us at bay

GWS - new coach, decent list, will land a strong draft hand too
WCE - senior players back
North - new coach

If we go for Dunkley, I'd be dealing pick 4. not confident any of the 3 we'd want in Wardlaw, Sheezel or Tsatas will be there. And not sure either (maybe Sheezel) would be worth missing Dunkley for if the alternative was we slide that pick back (i.e. 4 & 22 for Dunkley and 11)

not necessarily

we'll get a new coach bounce and likely a softer draw.
But gotta ask can we get enough players back into form and as a system to leapfrog other clubs, and keep the 3 below us at bay

GWS - new coach, decent list, will land a strong draft hand too
WCE - senior players back
North - new coach

If we go for Dunkley, I'd be dealing pick 4. not confident any of the 3 we'd want in Wardlaw, Sheezel or Tsatas will be there. And not sure either (maybe Sheezel) would be worth missing Dunkley for if the alternative was we slide that pick back (i.e. 4 & 22 for Dunkley and 11)
I think we will finish above West Coast their senior players are cooked they are in denial of where there list is at

I think we will finish above West Coast their senior players are cooked they are in denial of where there list is at
Denial about what?

Club's repeatedly said we need to rebuild by going to the draft.

I also expect Essendon to finish above us.

North's still got a fairly garbo list in places. Clarkson's not going to turn that around in one pre-season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish above us though. Essendon 15th-17th for me.

Denial about what?

Club's repeatedly said we need to rebuild by going to the draft.

I also expect Essendon to finish above us.

North's still got a fairly garbo list in places. Clarkson's not going to turn that around in one pre-season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish above us though. Essendon 15th-17th for me.
Didnt some one from your club other day say that the senior players on your list are still good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won 7 games and only just finished 15th playing Sydney (3rd), Collingwood (4th), Brisbane (6th), Richmond (7th) and Port (11th) twice so unless there's a large exodus coming, I don't see another bottom 4 finish. With an easier fixture, I see it being more like 12th-14th.

Dunkley will go where the money is. It's as simple as that. He's already had on field success in his career and he's in it to maximise his earnings.

Fortunes of teams can change quickly good or bad. 12 months ago Essendon pushed back into finals with a whole host of young talent.

If Essendon offered 200-300k a season more than others then he will be at Essendon.

i would have thought most teams will offer dunkley a good wage.

I think last time we chased him we offered around 850k - he certainly isn't worth more than that and i doubt there would be a massive difference between the numbers between clubs. Like i dont see another club offering him 500k.

i would have thought most teams will offer dunkley a good wage.

I think last time we chased him we offered around 850k - he certainly isn't worth more than that and i doubt there would be a massive difference between the numbers between clubs. Like i dont see another club offering him 500k.
ITKs seem to think Port's offer is the biggest by dollars and contract and any Vic club offering the same deal would instantly become the frontrunners.
I'd prefer we just stump up the cash, keep him, and let a mid-pricer or two 'explore their opportunities'

ITKs seem to think Port's offer is the biggest by dollars and contract and any Vic club offering the same deal would instantly become the frontrunners.
I'd prefer we just stump up the cash, keep him, and let a mid-pricer or two 'explore their opportunities'
Is the lack of clarity over what the final TPP for 2023 will be holding up our final offer potentially?

Is the lack of clarity over what the final TPP for 2023 will be holding up our final offer potentially?
Well I've noticed Dunks doing a lot of media lately, getting micced up, being on promo material, etc.
Seems like he's getting a chunk of the club marketing allowance which IIRC is up for review too

depends what it is but Dunkley aint worth more than 850k a season.

good luck to any club that offer him more than that a year.

Brody Grundy is a prime example of big money + long term contracts are a bad idea.

depends what it is but Dunkley aint worth more than 850k a season.

good luck to any club that offer him more than that a year.

Brody Grundy is a prime example of big money + long term contracts are a bad idea.
Anyteam that offers Dunkley $850k a year is stupid

Good player but not worth that amount

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back