Moved Thread Josh Kelly vs Marcus Bontempelli - who would you take now

Who would you take right now?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 132 42.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 176 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ, I stated Kelly was coming to North halfway through last year and the kid has now gone and mentioned publicly that this was the case and he changed his mind for a short term contract late in the piece.

The source of your massive triggering, Martin, was never once mentioned by me that he was one his way to North.

You invent a lot of things in that tiny little brain of yours.
Sorry old mate, I must have missed the part of the the article where Kelly said that he took a short term contract coz he planned to go to North?...can you point it out?

You and Phillyroo (bless) were both shooting off as a 'lock' that dusty was also heading for North, and we all know how that ended.

He's a top 5 talent, you have to pay that much to get them.

Pretty funny the way he sees your club as, how shall I say this, something to stick it in after the pub white he waits for his real love to come along.

You're a glorified TAC Club.
You're setting yourself up beautifully.

Lol. We dont. They seem to hang around for less than outside offers most of the time.

IF it happens this will be like Ablett at the Suns.

Difference is the Suns had talented kids around Ablett.

"He loves us so much, he rejected one the biggest lifetime offers of all time to come here, but he loves us. He does damn it"

Werent you the one that said he was signed sealed delivered to North 2 days before he re-signed with the Giants. For much much less?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I said after the big offer was made public that he was coming to North - and the man himself says at that stage he was.

I also said the whole time it was onLy ever between coming to North and staying at GWS for another couple of years.

You do understand that he himself has said I WAS GOING TO NORTH before his manager talked him into another two years.

Hardly like I was wildly wrong.

Anyway, I hope he does well with you guys. Want him in really good condition for 2020.

You're setting yourself up beautifully.

I reckon he'll be at North 2020. Yep.

I mean jeez, he's already on record as saying he was happy to come to us.

If he decides to go money over loyalties?

Will have to be a big offer.

We will pay him the top dollar he deserves. We paid Carey the huge money he was worth too.

We will pay him the top dollar he deserves. We paid Carey the huge money he was worth too.
Lol considerate club. North wouldnt offer him that contract if they didnt need to to get him there.

If he truely only wanted North then it wouldnt take the offer to end all offers to get him there.

Lol considerate club. North wouldnt offer him that contract if they didnt need to to get him there.

If he truely only wanted North then it wouldnt take the offer to end all offers to get him there.

The money is a bonus he will come either way there is no need to get so salty and play the if it wasn’t for the money he wouldn’t go. If you blokes weren’t gifted first crack at him someone else would have got him wouldn’t have nothing to do with gws but still would have had something to do with north

The money is a bonus he will come either way there is no need to get so salty and play the if it wasn’t for the money he wouldn’t go. If you blokes weren’t gifted first crack at him someone else would have got him wouldn’t have nothing to do with gws but still would have had something to do with north

If that were true North wouldnt offer that much. They arent a charity. I think.

Gifted? We picked him with our finishing position pick.
Werent North fans saying they should of been gifted him for F/S?

No salt here. We signed him for less. North didnt sign him after taking shots for 12 months at the Giants and there fans.

If that were true North wouldnt offer that much. They arent a charity. I think.

Gifted? We picked him with our finishing position pick.
Werent North fans saying they should of been gifted him for F/S?

No salt here. We signed him for less. North didnt sign him after taking shots for 12 months at the Giants and there fans.

That’s funny cause he isn’t a charity neither so he deserves the money he gets in this day and age when you got spuds being paid 700k a year.

Yeah exactly gifted and we were arguing that he should be a father son it’s not an argument that doesn’t have any valid points.

That’s aight I’ll rest my hat on 2020 see where this conversation is at.

Good luck this year

Sorry old mate, I must have missed the part of the the article where Kelly said that he took a short term contract coz he planned to go to North?...can you point it out?

Of course, he's not going to publicly come out and state that. You don't have any concept of normality whatsoever.

You were both shooting off as a 'lock' that dusty was also heading for North, and we all know how that ended.

Utter bullshit.

I must have challenged a dozen people on this matter and every single one of them skulked away without delivering.

Produce the post and link where I stated Martin was coming to North! Off you go.

I'll be surprised if it is much more than what he was originally offered.

7 x $1-1.1 mill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will come back to Melb in the next couple of years and GWS will be adequately compensated.

2 x 1st round picks. You can pretty much shut the gate on that.

Who knows, if GWS win a flag this year (very possible) and we finish bottom 2-3 (very possible), they may just decide to pull the trigger and release Josh at the end of this season, considering the talent on offer in this years draft.

Kelly’s a smart man.
Stay at GWS for 2 years and sacrifice $600k to not go to North.

Contract comes up two years later and a massive bidding war could see his price pushed to $1.6m-$1.8m a year (not including the Puma type endorsements some bigger clubs will offer above and beyond this). - well up on the $1.1m per season North offered. Short term financial loss for long term gain.

Potentially get a flag at GWS and play Melbourne clubs off to maximise his financial return. And the club he ends up choosing may be in the window by then offering up more success.

Smart man Josh.

he'll be at the saints or north in 2020 - both will throw a truckload at him, it'll come down to who he sees as likely to be a contender in his time there.
so he'll be a saint.

Lol, see that article QUOTING him, did it mention St Kilda anywhere?

Nah thats you mate. Your insanity is evident in the merrett cripps kelly bont thread. You just Cant stand that hes been overtaken. is he your son?
And there you go. You are just another jealous Carlton flog because nobody is talking about Cripps.

I have a huge man-crush on Kelly, but it did feel a bit out of place seeing him top 5.

For mine there's a clear top 5 in the league - Rance (best defender), Franklin (best forward), Fyfe, Dangerfield, Martin (3 best mids)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You literally put my thoughts into words right there my friend

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Josh Kelly vs Marcus Bontempelli - who would you take now

Back