Josh Kennedy getting homesick for Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes I think people on here rate players just because they were picked up as first rounders, with Josh, the only decent game I have seen him play was against us this year. After that he disappeared has he been injured??....He seems slow and doesnt seem to have a big tank to be that lead up CHF (or be able to take a contested mark), as well as not having the height or spring for a ruckman.

I would much rather an established player, they should move heaven and earth for a Kozi etc, fill two roles ruck/big contested marking forward, we don't have anyone who can take contested marks consistently.

Sometimes I think people on here rate players just because they were picked up as first rounders, with Josh, the only decent game I have seen him play was against us this year. After that he disappeared has he been injured??....He seems slow and doesnt seem to have a big tank to be that lead up CHF (or be able to take a contested mark), as well as not having the height or spring for a ruckman.

I would much rather an established player, they should move heaven and earth for a Kozi etc, fill two roles ruck/big contested marking forward, we don't have anyone who can take contested marks consistently.

You obviously haven't watched many West Coast games. In the ones hes played without being fully hampered by injury he was in our best. When he's up and fit again next year he'll be plucking everything and running CHB's raggered.

You obviously haven't watched many West Coast games. In the ones hes played without being fully hampered by injury he was in our best. When he's up and fit again next year he'll be plucking everything and running CHB's raggered.

Think you said more than you wanted to. :)

In the ones hes played without being fully hampered by injury he was in our best.
Therein lies the problem.
IF he's up and fit again next year he'll be plucking everything and running CHB's raggered.

Edit in bold.

It's funny how when we had Josh, we knew he was just "a workhorse" but hoped for more........and now we've lost him we are bringing down others who are pumping him up.

Good solid player, strong work ethic without doing the really great things.

More in the Roughead mould than Riewoldt in other words.............

That's not a criticism either, just an honest assessment and yes.......I wish we still had him, but we have served the greater good.

With our first pick this year would we settle for a Kennedy type?

If so........would we not consider trading that pick for JK?

Just a thought......the mounting injuries are a concern though for a guy who will be more the "crash and bash" style.

I believe we all knew that talent we had on our hands with Josh. Just a shame that his body let him down, and I really hate how he dives for marks head first. I'm surprised his shoulders don't pop our more regularly.

Yeah, some guys can handle that sort of thing and never get hurt and others seem injury prone and you wonder why the hell they do that stuff. Kennedy is one of the latter.

By the way, I don't think his shoulder operation is a full reconstruction. That would've been mentioned somewhere in the papers if it was. I think it's just a general clean up.

It's funny how when we had Josh, we knew he was just "a workhorse" but hoped for more........and now we've lost him we are bringing down others who are pumping him up.

I can honestly say Bluebear that I have been following Josh's career since he went to the blue baggers in the draft. I was just about the only one out of all my mates that said yes to the prospect of pick 3, 20 and Kennedy for Judd trade when it became clear it was on the table.

Anyway back to whats happening now and the fact is Josh is having surgery which hopefully will put to bed any ongoing injury problems. Imo he already has a better marking ability than most Key forwards in the comp and when he and Notte (our other big talent up forward) realise their potential all our mids will have to do is bomb it long and those two with glue like hands will bring down the mark...I hope ;).

Anyway back to whats happening now and the fact is Josh is having surgery which hopefully will put to bed any ongoing injury problems. Imo he already has a better marking ability than most Key forwards in the comp and when he and Notte (our other big talent up forward) realise their potential all our mids will have to do is bomb it long and those two with glue like hands will bring down the mark...I hope ;).

I love JK's game, as he seemed to get to the right place at the right time (read the game well), so for me the marking was just a matter of time, strength and confidence, which he showed glimpses of.

As for the injuries, I hope for your sake you are right. Has had a couple of shoulders now (not good for an overhead type player), puntured lung, and some soft tissue injuries, esp the calf......and now a knee.

Not great for a physical player in his third season......but good luck to him, and I hope we do get him back (though I doubt it will ever happen).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, it's a knee. Above I wrote that he was getting his shoulder looked at, which is wrong.

My apologies.

You might not be so wrong Jimmy.

I thought I read the other day that he waould have the knee done, but the shoulder would have a scrape out as well.

I could be wrong (rare occurence :D).

Emu? One of my favourites. Gonna just be your love versus mine - no outcome. Let's hope they both kick on but I know who I'd rather have right now. :thumbsu:

thylacine60 its a hard choice bower will be good

but there is a huge whole at chf and kendey would be there if we had kept him and kicked the ball to him we kick to fev to much

I'd see what we could do to get him back, although I'm pretty sure West Coast wouldn't want to deal with us. But I'd imagine Carlton will ask the question.

I personally think he won't make it now as a AFL player,has too much injuries same goes for Hartlett and possible Edwards,so 3 rather dissapointing results from the club.

I personally think he won't make it now as a AFL player,has too much injuries same goes for Hartlett and possible Edwards,so 3 rather dissapointing results from the club.

You don't carry a big sickle around by any chance, RS?

You obviously havent seen any of Josh's games because he has been SUPER impressive. He has won over many WC fans who thought he was a bone fide dud when we got him.

He is averaging 13 touches (up from 7.5 at Blues), 7 marks (up from 4) and a goal (up from 0.5). Unfortunately has had trouble with a knock to the knee which he has struggled to get over recently.

Josh was quoted in an article earlier in the year how he was very impressed with the clubs off field work developing his body and pace especially. He will be a very good player for us over the next 10yrs.

I don't think his a dud like others,but his the type to be always coming back from injuries and re doing it,never getting the best.

You don't carry a big sickle around by any chance, RS?

Why that,lol, i would have liked seeing Hartlett make it,but he ends up always injured. I remember him playing the NAB cup,he looked good,played his best game,that first year,but he broke down not long after. Josh Kennedy to me at Carlton he was too heavy,the Eagles have done are better job getting him more mobile,but the injuries are a worry.

Edwards really needs to lift next year if he survives the cut as i think he would as his only played a few games.

Kennedy will be a very good CHF one day soon, and that's what we need most. OTOH, given how Bower has come on I'm very happy with him too.

Given what we'd have to give up for Josh, I can't see it ever happening. That horse has bolted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Kennedy getting homesick for Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back