Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

That's too simplistic a POV ......yes, last year, we didn't have Crouch in the side ...this year, I agree we started off with experience in the Midfield ....I still disagree with starting Crouch

In fact, Soligo played predominantly WING last year (first 8 games) ....with some CBA's (under 30%)

Meanwhile AFC979810 has kept rattling on about how good Rachele was as a MID in the first 8 games .....well, he only played 3 of those 8 games as a FT MID ....in R5 he was getting CBA's then drifting fwd, ala Dusty Martin

However, except for R1 .....Rachele's venturing into the D50 was almost nonexistent

His 2023 TOG also belies the belief he's still to build fitness .....so we can only default to work rate
There are a lot of Mids who are running at 60-65% TOG ...Rachele was averaging 82%

View attachment 2029093
Look at the replay and click on those heatmap that don't show MID and they show evidence he played more midfield (same as Soligo). 80% TOG, no wonder he was cooked after the first 8 weeks just like Soligo.

The good news is that given old 'reverse Midas touch' Wayne's habit of being consistently and almost immediately wrong about literally everything, his increasingly demented slander to that Rachelle simply could not play mid is the surest sign that it'll happen.

Look at the replay and click on those heatmap that don't show MID and they show evidence he played more midfield (same as Soligo). 80% TOG, no wonder he was cooked after the first 8 weeks just like Soligo.
You're simply seeing what you want to see .....study the numbers closer my friend

The good news is that given old 'reverse Midas touch' Wayne's habit of being consistently and almost immediately wrong about literally everything, his increasingly demented slander to that Rachelle simply could not play mid is the surest sign that it'll happen.
In the absence of any debating position, rebuttal or research .....always try and demean the poster ....you're elite at that

In the absence of any debating position, rebuttal or research .....always try and demean the poster ....you're elite at that

You're not producing anything that deserves a rebuttal.

People aren't obliged to debate dog crap just because you keep presenting it to them.

On the contrary, he saw Rachele was able to transition into the midfield in those first 8 weeks and made the infamous statement "he would have fun at Collingwood" and then the following few weeks Rachele re-sign to a long term contract lol.

On the contrary, he saw Rachele was able to transition into the midfield in those first 8 weeks and made the infamous statement "he would have fun at Collingwood" and then the following few weeks Rachele re-sign to a long term contract lol.

He seems super happy at our club too. Who could blame him.

No, what you are saying is players who are young ...it acceptable for them to be lazy in a role ....whereas experienced players, the bar is higher on expectations

I've never said this, I just pointed out that your comparison between Clarry and Rachele made no sense.

Then you turn around and are critical of the Club / Coach for losing games .....so which is it, lose games by playing players in roles, who don't deserve the role .....or try and win games of footy

The two thoughts are not compatible .....the Club is playing Rachele when he's out of form, trying to get games into him .....but you think he's magically going to turn his form around, if we put him in the midfield .....that is so naive

It's not always about winning and losing, it's about a coach having a plan and a road map based around building a premiership side.

The problem with Nicks is that we're losing games while at the same time, there seems to be little to no road map going forward. He's 5 years into a rebuild that has delivered nothing and the development of guys like Rachele is flat lining, it's not one game here and there we're critical of with Nicks, it's his whole body of work that people are tired and critical of.

Outsiders, like draft watchers, media watchers are saying truths ....you simply don't want to hear or believe

Much the same as all and sundry on here have tried to explain to you why Matthew Nicks is a dud coach and point out that the results completely support the belief that he's a mediocre coach, you simply don't to want accept or believe it.

Last edited:
It's not always about winning and losing, it's about a coach having a plan and a road map based around building a premiership side.

The problem with Nicks is that we're losing games while at the same time, there seems to be little to no road map going forward. He's 5 years into a rebuild that has delivered nothing, it's not one game here and there we're critical of, it's his whole body of work that people are tired and critical of.
TBF ....most supporters will always disagree with most things Club related ....positional moves, draftees, almost everything, when losing ....they just need to express their anger, and all sensibilities disappear

Like most things, winning & good news, smooths over everything

I remember the absolute vitriol over Crouch ....untradeable, Club should never play the hack again .....all of a sudden, those same posters are defending him ....such are football supporters

TBF ....most supporters will always disagree with most things Club related ....positional moves, draftees, almost everything, when losing ....they just need to express their anger, and all sensibilities disappear

Like most things, winning & good news, smooths over everything

I remember the absolute vitriol over Crouch ....untradeable, Club should never play the hack again .....all of a sudden, those same posters are defending him ....such are football supporters

There's also a situation too where someone has hitched their wagon so firmly to something where it's almost impossible to remove yourself from it.

You've banked everything on Nicks to the point of where there's almost no path back now.

Honestly is there actually a tipping point for you with Nicks?

What happens if we don't make the finals next year?

There's also a situation too where someone has hitched their wagon so firmly to something where it's almost impossible to remove yourself from it.

You've banked everything on Nicks to the point of where there's almost no path back now.

No I haven't and my posts are clear on that point .....both responding to his reappointment and also to those who are already planning for his successor

LOL ....most people don't read posts, or fully understand the context of posts ....again they see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I haven't and my posts are clear on that point .....both responding to his reappointment and also to those who are already planning for his successor

LOL ....most people don't read posts, or fully understand the context of posts ....again they see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe
;)

You didn't answer my question about the tipping point though.

I'm keen to know where the line is with you where his job becomes untenable.

You didn't answer my question about the tipping point though.

I'm keen to know where the line is with you where his job becomes untenable.
When the Coach has lost the players, and isn't maximising the list at his disposal .....players are starting to come back from injury now ....that alters the team balance remarkably ....and starts to have players once again fighting for spots

Until recent, you held your spot, irrespective of performance ....and the Coach has had limited magnets to play with

The Bye came at a time, which allows the young brigade to freshen up .....some have been running on fumes .....and finally, no Crouch

And now the Waynus mind games really kick in, he previously said Nicks was a good coach, we need to re-sign him early to stop being poached, that he deserved his new contract. Last week he said he will wait until the end of the year to pass judgement. 2 conflicting points of view.

We didn’t have injuries earlier in the year, he forgets that.

He counts our injuries against Richmond and our 5 day break but not there’s.

One flew over the Cuckoos Nest is an apt description.

The good news is that given old 'reverse Midas touch' Wayne's habit of being consistently and almost immediately wrong about literally everything, his increasingly demented slander to that Rachelle simply could not play mid is the surest sign that it'll hahappen.
He should do a George (from Seinfeld) & just do the opposite to improve his posting quality....

When the Coach has lost the players, and isn't maximising the list at his disposal .....players are starting to come back from injury now ....that alters the team balance remarkably ....and starts to have players once again fighting for spots

Until recent, you held your spot, irrespective of performance ....and the Coach has had limited magnets to play with

The Bye came at a time, which allows the young brigade to freshen up .....some have been running on fumes .....and finally, no Crouch
So you are happy with Nick's crap losing game plan when we had a lack of injuries...
& poor player development which has not maximised list development as young talent has been stuck in the SANFL as players regularly stink it up in the AFL.

It's almost like you just post random words hoping we won't pick you up on your continual BS.

That's too simplistic a POV ......yes, last year, we didn't have Crouch in the side ...this year, I agree we started off with experience in the Midfield ....I still disagree with starting Crouch

In fact, Soligo played predominantly WING last year (first 8 games) ....with some CBA's (under 30%)

Meanwhile AFC979810 has kept rattling on about how good Rachele was as a MID in the first 8 games .....well, he only played 3 of those 8 games as a FT MID ....in R5 he was getting CBA's then drifting fwd, ala Dusty Martin

However, except for R1 .....Rachele's venturing into the D50 was almost nonexistent

His 2023 TOG also belies the belief he's still to build fitness .....so we can only default to work rate
There are a lot of Mids who are running at 60-65% TOG ...Rachele was averaging 82%

View attachment 2029093

We know his role was a primarily offensive mid role.

Give him that role again.

Not this shitty high half forward one.

"Always disagree with most things". Says it all really.

So you are happy with Nick's crap losing game plan when we had a lack of injuries...
& poor player development which has not maximised list development as young talent has been stuck in the SANFL as players regularly stink it up in the AFL.

It's almost like you just post random words hoping we won't pick you up on your continual BS.
He clearly changes his opinion to suit the argument he’s trying to make hoping know one will remember his original argument, he’s clearly trolling or needing help.

He’s criticised game plan, midfield mix, selection and yet reckons it’s still a wait on see on Nicks whilst he was full bore for his early re-signing. Clearly the evidence is there for all to see we shouldn’t have gone early, he won’t even bring himself to acknowledge that whilst on the other hand stating he will reevaluate Nicks at the end of the year, pity our club didn’t take this approach.

He clearly changes his opinion to suit the argument he’s trying to make hoping know one will remember his original argument, he’s clearly trolling or needing help.

He’s criticised game plan, midfield mix, selection and yet reckons it’s still a wait on see on Nicks whilst he was full bore for his early re-signing. Clearly the evidence is there for all to see we shouldn’t have gone early, he won’t even bring himself to acknowledge that whilst on the other hand stating he will reevaluate Nicks at the end of the year, pity our club didn’t take this approach.
No, he's clearly on the club payroll.

Our membership fees are paying for him to troll his own supporters here!

Even more reason why if there is no significant change at AFC, my 30+ year membership of AFC comes to an end.

I tell ya you guys are just arguing with a computer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back