Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

That's too simplistic a POV ......yes, last year, we didn't have Crouch in the side ...this year, I agree we started off with experience in the Midfield ....I still disagree with starting Crouch

In fact, Soligo played predominantly WING last year (first 8 games) ....with some CBA's (under 30%)

Meanwhile AFC979810 has kept rattling on about how good Rachele was as a MID in the first 8 games .....well, he only played 3 of those 8 games as a FT MID ....in R5 he was getting CBA's then drifting fwd, ala Dusty Martin

So why has Rachele played less midfield this year? Especially when he spent the preseason training as a mid.

Rachele is averaging 14.5 touches and over a goal a game. One of only 23 players to be doing that. Stats are better than Ginnivans and everyone seems to think he is amazing... he is the kind of player that is the cream on top. He will never be the hardest working guy in our side and that will make it hard for him to be a full time mid. Has the ability to make goals happen though and that is very valuable.

Not sure the reason but seems to be not fit enough to me to play that role. Have seen vision the last few weeks of opposition mids just running off him (he certainly isn't alone, that's Lairds are of expertise)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could easily have had 5 goals last night. Hit the post twice. That was his best game for a while. Leave him forward where he is a weapon.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a typical Rachele game. Good, could have been great with just a touch more polish/luck, had one or two awful moments but you put up with that because the rest is quality.

I'd still like to see him pinch hit in the midfield a bit more often, but he is making his time up forward count.

If they were difficult shots then he definitely should have passed them, it wasn't and he should have kicked it.
Yep, you expect a pick 6 forward/mid to take that shot.

Tex should have told him to go for it.

Indecision may have affected the shot.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a typical Rachele game. Good, could have been great with just a touch more polish/luck, had one or two awful moments but you put up with that because the rest is quality.

I'd still like to see him pinch hit in the midfield a bit more often, but he is making his time up forward count.

You canā€™t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

If Rankine is going to spend more time outside of the F50, it doesn't make sense to also play Rachele in midfield when he can be so potent up front. We have enough talent in the midfield that we keep shoehorning into playing high half-forward and it never works, so we should just leave this guy up front where he thrives instead of forcing him to play a role he isn't needed to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back