Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I think Rachele is a very talented player and a class above most of his current team mates, his continued shirking of body contact and hearing of footsteps would definately not be tolerated at clubs like Collingwood, Geelong or Sydney. They would trade him out I reckon.
It seems to me, a player who's main focus is developing new goal celebrations, has lost perspective .....and has got ahead of himself

I don't mind this criticism ....there's the basis of a good player there ...he just needs re-programming, which he's young enough to do

This wake-up call ....the public criticism, his public questioning of the lack of midfield time ...and the deciding of when & where he puts in effort ...could be the turning point in 2025

You'd think there'll be a lot of soul-searching by Rachele ....I'm sure he wants to be more than a good average player

Exactly. Got eviscerated for it on this board. But Rachele can duck out of body contact continually and it’s fine?

It was the last seventeen seconds of a dead game.

Absolutely no one can in good faith pretend this matters.

As much as I think Rachele is a very talented player and a class above most of his current team mates, his continued shirking of body contact and hearing of footsteps would definately not be tolerated at clubs like Collingwood, Geelong or Sydney. They would trade him out I reckon.

Would they also be a club that hasn't made finals for seven years on their way to a bottom four finish and have club sucks trying to claim the reason why was a young player in an entirely unimportant contest with seventeen seconds to go in a game lost forty minutes earlier in the counterfactual?

If you’re suggesting this is an isolated incident, you need to pay a lot more attention.

No, I'm sure you've irrationally pinned shit on young players to avoid having locate blame with our failing club before.

I haven't watched the incident and tbh don't care. haven't paid much attention to Rachele, although he has done very well against us. lol.

What I wanted to say, he's 179cm, if you want a crash and bash type player, go get one. you won't find a 105kg 200cm footballer streaming out of the centre, baulking and going bang from fifty. Or kicking a great goal from the pocket.

He aint no good to the Crows knocked out. We have Fisher 175cm who's had the ball 300 plus times this year, has laid 11 tackles. Apparently he isn't hard at the ball, well good he'll get killed as soon as he is.

Not every player needs to be a knuckle dragger.

Anyway that is all!

Embracing mediocrity

No mediocrity in our coaching staff though? leaving Keane to get eight kicked on him didn't contribute. Rachelle with seventeen seconds left is where it begins and ends

Go rub your two functioning brain cells together and see if it starts a bonfire

It seems to me, a player who's main focus is developing new goal celebrations, has lost perspective .....and has got ahead of himself

I don't mind this criticism ....there's the basis of a good player there ...he just needs re-programming, which he's young enough to do

This wake-up call ....the public criticism, his public questioning of the lack of midfield time ...and the deciding of when & where he puts in effort ...could be the turning point in 2025

You'd think there'll be a lot of soul-searching by Rachele ....I'm sure he wants to be more than a good average player
How do you know is main focus is celebrating a goal?

You really have become a gutter poster!

Rachele know he needs to improve, but the coaches are hardly developing him... look at his CBA's this year v last year when playing his best football. We were told preseason he was fitter than ever, yet the coaching staff refuse to give him many CBA's.

We even prefer to use Max, even though we badly need him in defence with the loss of Worrell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally couldn't give a **** if Rachele sat on the floor and had a picnic when it's 10 seconds to go and we are losing by 8 goals.

The leadership at the club is about as inspiring as a punch in the teeth at the minute.

Our leadership group members like Brodie Smith get scared kicking out from defense under no pressure

It would be great if Rachele played like Ricciuto, but at the end of the day that's not really what he's there to do. He's not there to be a raging bull (despite his choice of goal celebration song), his job is to add some class, some skills, some pace, some goal sense. Yes, he should go when it's his turn to go, but he offers plenty even without that.

I'd much prefer a player with skills who pulls out of a contest occasionally, that someone like Murphy who has all the courage in the world and seems to get knocked for six every other match, but doesn't offer much else.

The reality is, Rachele has a harsh spotlight placed on him because people love knocking talented young players who come in with some swagger and confidence. There would be dozens of poor efforts like that every weekend, but it only gets highlighted if it's someone like Rachele doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back