Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Today marks the end of an era. Where a club meant something. Where people work hard to support their local community and club meant something. Today we saw a son of Geelong slap everyone who has helped him and his family show how much that was all appreciated.

Opposition supporters have claimed that everybody would do the same. This is simply not true. Otherwise we would have seen true champions like Reiwolt leave their club and return to their home state. There was the opportunity for all players to double their salary by making their move. The quality of the players is an indication of the quality of the recruits.

In your press conference you claim you are excited about the new challenge, that money is not greater than loyalty, but money was important in the decision making process, and that you were excited to guide the younger players. Well Geelong has plenty of young players than need guidance, so the nuts and bolts of your announcement was that money was the sole reason for you leaving.

Your coach claims he was taken aback at how interested you were in the GC when you met them in the not so secret meeting. He could not believe how little convincing you needed. And you both claim to have never met again. This seems not very professional. And if your heart was at Geelong I would have thought that they should be convincing you.

There are rumours aplenty that you agreed to broad terms. In March Lynch even had ball park figures, which were denied.

You went on an overseas holiday with twenty family members, that was paid for by? Maybe you could tell the truth about this.

When Harley retired, you put your hand up to be a captain. You categorically stated that you wanted to be captain. That would have been good, inflict more pain on this club.

Senior C7 executives are adamant that there was a meeting of the scum six in Thailand prior to the commencement of this year with GC. All rumoured players signed up, including you. Yet you claim you just made up your mind.

The GC never made a huge play at Pavlich or Buddy, despite their contracts being up and you being uncommitted. Or did the GC have a feeling about you.

You are so short sighted that short term money is more important than your long term future. Your market cred in the home of football has been smashed. What you fail to realise other Judas acts were to deliver gold to Melbourne based clubs. Enjoy yourself in GC where you will need to use a magnifying glass to find an AFL story.

But somehow you just made up your mind yesterday, Pickers called GC yesterday, and the contract was done and dusted asap. The AFL really wanted this after the grand final.

Your manager meets with GC on Sunday, and you were there. But you send him to Geelong for a 45 minute meeting, and are yet undecided. Aha.

Lauren has the following quotes in a newspaper, Herald Sun 25 September 2010
‘but I could never see myself living anywhere but Melbourne’
‘but the reality is, at the minute, we don’t know. We don’t know what we are doing yet.’
‘But is suppose, regardless of what he does, I will be based in Melbourne’
But you claim that you have had a number of discussions with her, and she said she would support you either way. And she was annoyed about being questioned about this. But we believe you two were honest.

Then there is the website selling gear at huge prices until the season was over. No one can tell us why it was not working. Given it was only yesterday that you made up your mind. The Ablett’s are happy to take money off hard working folk, who need to save for weeks for a signed photo or months for a signed top. That’s ok, because it means more money in your pocket I suppose.

Your family home being on the market was a simple coincidence. It could have been sold last year or next year. But putting it on the market as the season finishes was just luck. We firmly believe you.

The GC placed an image of you in their newspaper. There was plenty of anger from the Geelong Football Club but not you. You seemed happy enough. But that was innocent enough, as you were still 90% sure of staying.

But here comes the crux of why very loyal Geelong supporter is angered by your Judas act. Your family has been protected and helped like no other family in the AFL. Cook and Costa have been more of a father to you and your siblings when Senior was off on a tangent. Your family received financial support well after your father retired.

How many times was your mum broke, and the club came to the rescue. How many times has the club been there for you when you grew up? Your family would have been a laughing stock without the support of the GFC. But I suppose that means nothing to you or your family.

Your dad was a great player. But he was a destructive force within a club. He was well remunerated but a selfish bloke. He caused the club a great deal of pain whilst he was there and even afterwards. Maybe ask him about the photo that Nixon pulled from being published.

The truth will come out one day, and we will know what the club did to ensure there was minimal damage to the Ablett name despite the behaviour of your father.

Your manager claims you were underpaid during your last contract. But you were overpaid when you signed it. It was loaded for upside, with the risk on the club. You have blossomed, and the club was never going to deny you a hefty pay rise. The club has treated no-one like you. The Geelong community has treated no-one with the love and affection that you have received.

Your brother was held with cotton gloves. He was paid overs in 2007, and in 2008. he was given a medal. The club have assisted him in GC, because he is your brother.

And those who claim that the club would have cut you at a minutes notice need to look no further than how the club has treated M. Egan. He has not been cut and thrown on the gutter. The club has been extemporary in this case.

I suppose as a kid you mixed with Billy and the boys, and felt at home being in the rooms with great Geelong players. That did not mean much. That did not create a passion, a bond that was irreplaceable.

But in summary I am happy that you are making this announcement this week. Hird shows what a true champion does. He loves his club too much to see it down, and sacrifices an easy life to lead his club. And you as the greatest player in the league take the money and run. Cheers, I am sure everyone wants to have a drink with you.

Good riddance, clubs don’t need people like you. Families make sacrifices to support their club, all you care about is yourself. But make sure if you end up like your old man that your kids don’t come to Geelong for handouts.

Why should we welcome you back? To make more money in retirement from loyal people who work hard. You deserve the money and the GC. Your family has been disgraceful. Never has there been a more talented family that has had so many issues, and is so blasé.

Enjoy, as we are Geelong. And you are a scumbag.

clapping.gif

Although i've never been to Kardinia park, i'd love to go when Judas returns.

Hopefully the Cats fans go beserk, Figo style. :thumbsu:
figo.jpg

Today marks the end of an era. Where a club meant something. Where people work hard to support their local community and club meant something. Today we saw a son of Geelong slap everyone who has helped him and his family show how much that was all appreciated.

Opposition supporters have claimed that everybody would do the same. This is simply not true. Otherwise we would have seen true champions like Reiwolt leave their club and return to their home state. There was the opportunity for all players to double their salary by making their move. The quality of the players is an indication of the quality of the recruits.

In your press conference you claim you are excited about the new challenge, that money is not greater than loyalty, but money was important in the decision making process, and that you were excited to guide the younger players. Well Geelong has plenty of young players than need guidance, so the nuts and bolts of your announcement was that money was the sole reason for you leaving.

Your coach claims he was taken aback at how interested you were in the GC when you met them in the not so secret meeting. He could not believe how little convincing you needed. And you both claim to have never met again. This seems not very professional. And if your heart was at Geelong I would have thought that they should be convincing you.

There are rumours aplenty that you agreed to broad terms. In March Lynch even had ball park figures, which were denied.

You went on an overseas holiday with twenty family members, that was paid for by? Maybe you could tell the truth about this.

When Harley retired, you put your hand up to be a captain. You categorically stated that you wanted to be captain. That would have been good, inflict more pain on this club.

Senior C7 executives are adamant that there was a meeting of the scum six in Thailand prior to the commencement of this year with GC. All rumoured players signed up, including you. Yet you claim you just made up your mind.

The GC never made a huge play at Pavlich or Buddy, despite their contracts being up and you being uncommitted. Or did the GC have a feeling about you.

You are so short sighted that short term money is more important than your long term future. Your market cred in the home of football has been smashed. What you fail to realise other Judas acts were to deliver gold to Melbourne based clubs. Enjoy yourself in GC where you will need to use a magnifying glass to find an AFL story.

But somehow you just made up your mind yesterday, Pickers called GC yesterday, and the contract was done and dusted asap. The AFL really wanted this after the grand final.

Your manager meets with GC on Sunday, and you were there. But you send him to Geelong for a 45 minute meeting, and are yet undecided. Aha.

‘but the reality is, at the minute, we don’t know. We don’t know what we are doing yet.’
But you claim that you have had a number of discussions with her, and she said she would support you either way. And she was annoyed about being questioned about this. But we believe you two were honest.

Then there is the website selling gear at huge prices until the season was over. No one can tell us why it was not working. Given it was only yesterday that you made up your mind. The Ablett’s are happy to take money off hard working folk, who need to save for weeks for a signed photo or months for a signed top. That’s ok, because it means more money in your pocket I suppose.

Your family home being on the market was a simple coincidence. It could have been sold last year or next year. But putting it on the market as the season finishes was just luck. We firmly believe you.

The GC placed an image of you in their newspaper. There was plenty of anger from the Geelong Football Club but not you. You seemed happy enough. But that was innocent enough, as you were still 90% sure of staying.

But here comes the crux of why very loyal Geelong supporter is angered by your Judas act. Your family has been protected and helped like no other family in the AFL. Cook and Costa have been more of a father to you and your siblings when Senior was off on a tangent. Your family received financial support well after your father retired.

How many times was your mum broke, and the club came to the rescue. How many times has the club been there for you when you grew up? Your family would have been a laughing stock without the support of the GFC. But I suppose that means nothing to you or your family.

Your dad was a great player. But he was a destructive force within a club. He was well remunerated but a selfish bloke. He caused the club a great deal of pain whilst he was there and even afterwards. Maybe ask him about the photo that Nixon pulled from being published.

The truth will come out one day, and we will know what the club did to ensure there was minimal damage to the Ablett name despite the behaviour of your father.

Your manager claims you were underpaid during your last contract. But you were overpaid when you signed it. It was loaded for upside, with the risk on the club. You have blossomed, and the club was never going to deny you a hefty pay rise. The club has treated no-one like you. The Geelong community has treated no-one with the love and affection that you have received.

Your brother was held with cotton gloves. He was paid overs in 2007, and in 2008. he was given a medal. The club have assisted him in GC, because he is your brother.

And those who claim that the club would have cut you at a minutes notice need to look no further than how the club has treated M. Egan. He has not been cut and thrown on the gutter. The club has been extemporary in this case.

I suppose as a kid you mixed with Billy and the boys, and felt at home being in the rooms with great Geelong players. That did not mean much. That did not create a passion, a bond that was irreplaceable.

But in summary I am happy that you are making this announcement this week. Hird shows what a true champion does. He loves his club too much to see it down, and sacrifices an easy life to lead his club. And you as the greatest player in the league take the money and run. Cheers, I am sure everyone wants to have a drink with you.

Good riddance, clubs don’t need people like you. Families make sacrifices to support their club, all you care about is yourself. But make sure if you end up like your old man that your kids don’t come to Geelong for handouts.

Why should we welcome you back? To make more money in retirement from loyal people who work hard. You deserve the money and the GC. Your family has been disgraceful. Never has there been a more talented family that has had so many issues, and is so blasé.

Typical Geelong flog who has no life outside of the Cats.

Did that long-winded post make you feel good ?

Typical Geelong flog who has no life outside of the Cats.

Did that long-winded post make you feel good ?

Not surprising, the follower of a fellow soulless, AFL spoonfed franchise has no morals when it comes to footy.:eek:

I'd rather have $10 million than the respect of 40,000 people who don't know me. Life is about making money and succeeding. That's what gets you in the clubhouse.

Attack him all you want. He doesn't give a crap. Nor should he.

Don't blame Geelong fans for being pissed off. He may be earning a fortune up on the Gold Coast but he has lost the respect that comes with being a loyal, one club player, something money can't buy. It will tarnish his reputation as a Geelong champion.

Even with Judd's move to Carlton it was understandable as he wanted to go home to be with his family. With Ablett it is all about the money really, despite what he may say about 'fresh challenges' etc.

You're a hypocrite mate!

You Sainters have been giving it to Juddy since he came to Carlton,calling him amercenary,judas etc. Now Gazza has gone and secured his financial future Judd's ok ??
I ask you,if you were in Ablett's shoes would you have stayed???

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Rulebook :confused:

Don't need a rulebook sunshine, we're in bed with the AFL ;)

Thanks for Harbrow :thumbsu:

And as we're feeling merciful at the moment, here's another couple of meter maids. You could do with a few down in Footascray, such a dull part of the world :D

metermaid2.jpg

Thanks for that, here is my gift from the industrial Western Suburbs to you...

Residential-Backup-Generator.jpg

It's a backup power generator just in case something embarrassing happens.

:rolleyes:

I'd rather have $10 million than the respect of 40,000 people who don't know me. Life is about making money and succeeding. That's what gets you in the clubhouse.

Attack him all you want. He doesn't give a crap. Nor should he.

no worries
next time his scum family has no money or needs help because senior is in trouble don't come begging

go to a meter maid

Forget all of his family history, if i was good enough to be a star of the AFL and was playing for Fremantle, the club i have barracked for my whole life, there wouldn't be an offer that could make me leave.

Wow.

At just over 1, 300 words I have handed in university reports shorter than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a hypocrite mate!

You Sainters have been giving it to Juddy since he came to Carlton,calling him amercenary,judas etc. Now Gazza has gone and secured his financial future Judd's ok ??
I ask you,if you were in Ablett's shoes would you have stayed???

How am I a hypocrit?

I've hung shit on Juddy for being an overrated turnover merchant that bradburied a Brownlow. However I've never hung shit on him for being a mercenary, leaving that drug addled cesspool at West Coast to head home to Melbourne was perfectly understandable, in fact it was quite commendable.

Forget all of his family history, if i was good enough to be a star of the AFL and was playing for Fremantle, the club i have barracked for my whole life, there wouldn't be an offer that could make me leave.

Thats BS.

Im not a money hungry knob, but im also not stupid. If someones walks up to me and says we will pay you more then double what you currently get for next 5 years, id say where do i sign.

Dont forget all the advertising sponsorships he will receive in being the face of a new club.

Loyalty has no place in heavily marketed sports... thats anywhere in the world.

Thats BS.

Im not a money hungry knob, but im also not stupid. If someones walks up to me and says we will pay you more then double what you currently get for next 5 years, id say where do i sign.

Dont forget all the advertising sponsorships he will receive in being the face of a new club.

Loyalty has no place in heavily marketed sports... thats anywhere in the world.

Well no, it isn't bullshit in everyone's case.

Walk up to me in an everyday job situation (ie significantly less money and fame then footballers get) and of course id take the double pay.

Call me stupid but the amount Cash Grablett Jnr was making and was set to make at Geelong, plus the marketing opportunites after his career finished as a one club legend would be more than ample pay.

If i was in his position, offer to triple my money- i wouldn't take it.

Well no, it isn't bullshit in everyone's case.

Walk up to me in an everyday job situation (ie significantly less money and fame then footballers get) and of course id take the double pay.

Call me stupid but the amount Cash Grablett Jnr was making and was set to make at Geelong, plus the marketing opportunites after his career finished as a one club legend would be more than ample pay.

If i was in his position, offer to triple my money- i wouldn't take it.

And to be an inaugural player and champion for the GC?

I would be very surprised if Gary was short of opportunities once his career comes to an end.

And to be an inaugural player and champion for the GC?

I would be very surprised if Gary was short of opportunities once his career comes to an end.

the inaugural bears are well remembered not!!!

his after football currency is stuffed
no exposure down here, and lost all goodwill in geelong

and the suns are so footy orientated

the inaugural bears are well remembered not!!!

his after football currency is stuffed
no exposure down here, and lost all goodwill in geelong

and the suns are so footy orientated
Wow great reply.

The AFL was a very very different landscape when the Bears were created, as were their conditions on entry.

The GC has the potential to be a top line franchise. Has drummed up a surprising level of interest already, excellent staff, a host of talented young recruits with ample early picks to add and some high profile players poached in Ablett, Hunt and Bock.

In 4-5 years time they may very well be carving out their own dynasty, with Ablett ending his career as an early champion of the club.

GC seriously has the AFL's support and if Ablett stays fit and in form and also wants the opportunities down the line I am sure many will come his way.

The GC has the potential to be a top line franchise. Has drummed up a surprising level of interest already, excellent staff, a host of talented young recruits with ample early picks to add and some high profile players poached in Ablett, Hunt and Bock.

LOL. Bluey may have been a steady player, but he is untried as a coach at AFL level. Last I heard, throwing hissy fits and hurling exercise bikes at walls doesn't win games.

LOL. Bluey may have been a steady player, but he is untried as a coach at AFL level. Last I heard, throwing hissy fits and hurling exercise bikes at walls doesn't win games.
We shall see.

And you are also a tad wrong. He is not untried as a coach at AFL level, he is untried as a senior coach at AFL level.

Every move they have made so far has seemed pretty good. From poaching star players, to making some excellent selections, to how they have approached their young guys development in the VFL. Have drummed up a lot of interest and possibly locked away some very good selections.

Sure they haven't played an AFL game yet, but in terms of the clubs entry into the AFL I don't know if the last year could have gone much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judas Ablett... attack #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back