Judd deal done tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

Excpet Judd does not want to play for Richmond. They weren't even one of the four original clubs he shortlisted. If West Coast try to trade with Richmond then Judd will probably refuse and opt for the PSD.

West Coast either accpet the offer of 3, 20 and Kennedy/Bower or they lose Judd to PSD.

If Judd goes to the PSD Richmond would be foolish to draft someone who does not want to play for them and give them a million dollar contract in the process

Problem is, you and a lot of other people are assuming West Coast would be afraid to do that if worse came to worse. They're as shrewd as shrewd when it comes to this business. They will obviously try to get a deal done, but think about it. They're losing Judd anyway, and even without him along with Geelong probably still have the best midfield in the comp. They don't have anywhere near as much to lose as some make out they do.

Problem is, you and a lot of other people are assuming West Coast would be afraid to do that if worse came to worse. They're as shrewd as shrewd when it comes to this business. They will obviously try to get a deal done, but think about it. They're losing Judd anyway, and even without him along with Geelong probably still have the best midfield in the comp. They don't have anywhere near as much to lose as some make out they do.

Depth doesn't matter, they're still losing the best player in the comp. They would rather get Pick 3 which will get them Masten/Palmer/Morton/Cotchin, Kennedy and Pick 20 instead of lose Judd and get nothing in return. Especially when Richmond and Carlton may deal behind their backs.

If Judd wanted to go to Richmond W.C would probably do that. As you said they're shrewd and would aim to annoy Carlton. But he doesn't and Carlton will most likely get him anyway

it won't tarnish the Eagles reputation. Just an incredibly stupid move when you could get pick 3 in the draft, possibly the second best kid in the country.

I would say given the Carlton and Richmond drafting history it is likely we will end up getting the best kid in the country with that pick. It still probably won't make a difference to us next year.

Depth doesn't matter, they're still losing the best player in the comp. They would rather get Pick 3 which will get them Masten/Palmer/Morton/Cotchin, Kennedy and Pick 20 instead of lose Judd and get nothing in return. Especially when Richmond and Carlton may deal behind their backs.

If Judd wanted to go to Richmond W.C would probably do that. As you said they're shrewd and would aim to annoy Carlton. But he doesn't and Carlton will most likely get him anyway

To re-iterate what I said, obviously a deal is the preference, and they'll probably just work around ways to get it sorted out. But we're talking about Judd, not a Mitch Morton.

No, you won't.

Letting Judd go to the PSD would tarnish WCE's reputation forever. It would make them look like absolute morons for a very long time.

I beg to differ

I respected Port Adelaide very much for the stance they took with Nick Stevens even before the Jud thing came up. Rather then take the piss weak offers Collingwood were throwing at the them and bow to unreasonalbe demands they stuck to their guns and let Stevens walk to another club he didn't want to go to.

Just because we're losing a good player doesn't mean we should take any old half assed offer someone throws at us, just like Port didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still sending guys over for trade week tho.

Not really. Only Steve and Trevor Woodhouse will be in Melb. They wont confirm the deal until Tuesday so blokes like Nisbett will have time to think it over.

And I agree with the OP, Carlton not in the bag yet. They cant afford to **** around too much. Other clubs are circling. For their sake, I hope the Blues arnt arrogant enough to think Judd had any particular reason to pick them over another side. It was a toss of the coin. If Blues dont do the right thing, he will re-toss the coin.

Excpet Judd does not want to play for Richmond. They weren't even one of the four original clubs he shortlisted. If West Coast try to trade with Richmond then Judd will probably refuse and opt for the PSD.

West Coast either accpet the offer of 3, 20 and Kennedy/Bower or they lose Judd to PSD.

If Judd goes to the PSD Richmond would be foolish to draft someone who does not want to play for them and give them a million dollar contract in the process

Nick Stevens was adament that he he wanted to go to Collingwood and not be traded to Carlton. Once trade week was over he was consigned to the fact that Carlton were going to select him with their first PSD pick and everything worked out.

The same thing would happen with Judd if he goes to the PSD. But a trade is most likely to be sorted out.

I beg to differ

I respected Port Adelaide very much for the stance they took with Nick Stevens even before the Jud thing came up. Rather then take the piss weak offers Collingwood were throwing at the them and bow to unreasonalbe demands they stuck to their guns and let Stevens walk to another club he didn't want to go to.

Just because we're losing a good player doesn't mean we should take any old half assed offer someone throws at us, just like Port didn't.

The irony of that deal was Carlton were offering pick 2 (never really had any intention of trading it though) at the time and Port agreed to trade him to Carlton and then Stevens said no, that he wanted to be traded to the Pies. Port wanted Didak and we said no.

Glad we didn't trade Didak.

still sending guys over for trade week tho.
The ones who deal with the initial stuff yes, but the head honchos will be at Mainy's service (starts around 11am perth time) and will be out of contact for however long it takes. (Service is being televised on channel 7 Perth and I don't think the WCE officials will want to be caught on TV on their mobile phones during a memorial service and funeral!)

I would be a little surprised if the Judd trade is finished by Tuesday...I think Wednesday would be the earliest (unless it is already done barr signing on the dotted line...)

I beg to differ

Because a first round pick and Scotland was 'piss weak.' :rolleyes:

No idea.

The ones who deal with the initial stuff yes, but the head honchos will be at Mainy's service (starts around 11am perth time) and will be out of contact for however long it takes. (Service is being televised on channel 7 Perth and I don't think the WCE officials will want to be caught on TV on their mobile phones during a memorial service and funeral!)

I would be a little surprised if the Judd trade is finished by Tuesday...I think Wednesday would be the earliest (unless it is already done barr signing on the dotted line...)

They will probably have a reserve say, like bidding for a house.

Let's just say for example WC are willing to take 3,20 and Kennedy and it is agreed on monday, couldn't the trade still go ahead on monday?

It should be over with pretty early in the period so long as both sides don't get greedy and let egos get in the way.

Unless the Eagles drop the want for Pick 1 I doubt we'll see it over that quickly.

the eagles want 2 top 5 draft picks or even value in players, so 3,20 kennedy is not enough.

They will probably have a reserve say, like bidding for a house.

Let's just say for example WC are willing to take 3,20 and Kennedy and it is agreed on monday, couldn't the trade still go ahead on monday?
It's not the clubs priority Monday

Nothing will happen without Nisbett around

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd deal done tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back