Judd Rejects Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton need talls and bigger bodies.

Hypothetical. We offer our 1st round pick, Brown & Moran to Carlton in exchange for Murphy.

That then gives Carlton another 1st round pick to play with - and allows them to keep pick #1.

At face value - they might not agree to that as a stand alone trade, but if it helps them get Judd to Princes Park and keeps their Priority Pick intact, the deal looks a bit sweeter.

Just a thought.

I understand what you mean - that wouldn't be a bad deal.
I find it hard to get a handle on what the club thinks of Moran's development. Can usually get a feel for what they think of players but for some reason I can't get much feedback on Moran, so I'm not sure if they are keen to trade him. I suppose at the end of the day almost anyone is available for the right deal.

I think I said that - Carlton is his preference and Carlton and Judd have an agreed position. Just need to do the deal with WC. Thats what I have said.

Carlton being his preference means very little. If both clubs don't agree to the picks and players in a trade, then nothing will happen.

Until players and picks are signed off, then there is no deal. You can't have a deal without a means for it to be done.

Carlton being his preference means very little. If both clubs don't agree to the picks and players in a trade, then nothing will happen.

Until players and picks are signed off, then there is no deal. You can't have a deal without a means for it to be done.

We are arguing semantics.

I reckon we can get co-lateral advantage out of the Judd trade - the insane quest for him will over-heat trade value generally and so we can off load some dud players for picks

Ahh, Black JuJu - one of those quality WC fans who has turned on Judd and told him to get f...ed.
Cos he's weak for returning home and all.
And yet no such vitriol for the likes of Glendinning, Harding, Wilson, Stenglein, Chick, etc.
Because returning to WA is logical, but returning to Victoria is an act of treachery.
And he'd be the first to embrace Buddy if he wanted to return to WA.
Weak animal.

Ahh, Black JuJu - one of those quality WC fans who has turned on Judd and told him to get f...ed.
Cos he's weak for returning home and all.
And yet no such vitriol for the likes of Glendinning, Harding, Wilson, Stenglein, Chick, etc.
Because returning to WA is logical, but returning to Victoria is an act of treachery.
And he'd be the first to embrace Buddy if he wanted to return to WA.
Weak animal.

I thought he just called Judd a Rolls Royce and was only bagging us.

ha it'd be like Steptoe and Son owning a Rolls Royce.

I cannot recall a Captain ever walking out on our club:rolleyes:

Integrity, passion committment and most of all LOYALTY are qualities Steptoe and Son had in abundance to each other just like at our club.
Money does not buy these qualities nor does it buy you happiness, or premierships. Guts, determination, dedication and haaaard work money cannot buy- money buys fancy extras, which we all know you can live without.

Who needs rolls royces, they are environmentally unfriendly, and a waste of money. REAL PEOPLE do not need extravagant material possessions.

Have a nice day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Integrity, passion committment and most of all LOYALTY are qualities Steptoe and Son had in abundance to each other just like at our club.
Money does not buy these qualities nor does it buy you happiness, or premierships. Guts, determination, dedication and haaaard work money cannot buy- money buys fancy extras, which we all know you can live without.

Who needs rolls royces, they are environmentally unfriendly, and a waste of money. REAL PEOPLE do not need extravagant material possessions.

Have a nice day

Gee KL you have a short memory - W Carey might fit the bill. Different motivation but walked out on the club.;)

Gee KL you have a short memory - W Carey might fit the bill. Different motivation but walked out on the club.;)

And of course, there are captains who walk out of their clubs and straight into ours.

Isn't Colbert doing some part-time coaching with the Eagles? He should have a chat to Judd about following his footsteps and making the move to Arden Street.

Surely you lot would be able to relate!

I think the Carey situation was a bit different in that he really had no choice - he had to leave. Judd isn't being forced out, he's made the choice to go home.

In terms of relating to what Eagles fans are going through, I guess Pagan leaving North is probably the closest. It's only since he got sacked from Carlton that a lot of us have finally forgiven him.

From the Geelong fans I know, most of them have forgiven Colbert for walking out on them.

This pisses me off. I totally believe that Judd wants to come to our club. PLayers always have. The fact that this shit is getting in the way is a disgrace. I can totally understand where he is coming from (he doesn't want to go through all this again to get back to Melbourne). It will scutlle any possibility of a Murphy deal as well. he has already rejected QLD.

Already our attraction to recruits has been diminished, and it will get worse if we (will have become they by then) move up there. Footballer don't want to live on the Gold Coast. The GC Kangaroos would be the second QLD team, with a low supporte base, very low crowds, no tradition and AFL owned. Least attractive club in the league for any footballer who has grown up in a strong football state like Victoria, South Australia or WA and is asked to leave his family. They will be praying not to be drafted there, and will leave regulalrly. QLD footballers will still prefer Brisbane.

You haven't thought this through properly, have you guys?

FWIW, if this GC shit hadn't ****ed it up, I would go hard after Judd. It is a risk and we could end up paying way, way too much, but

1. He has plenty of amazing football ahead of him and will probably end up being one of the best footballers in the league. A midfield with Wells, Smith, Harvey, Judd, Harris, Swallow would dominate.

2. He would instantly elevate our membership position. A prelim (or maybe GF or flag), possibly a brownlow and then the addition of Judd. We would get 30,000 for sure. All the Carey youngsters hitting 20 now would jump on board to make sure they get a chance ata GF ticket.

I wouldn't give up any regular players (unless they stated they wanted to go), but pick 3 from 2006 is worth far, far more than pick 3 this year - and the best recruiters in the counry would know that - and someone like Riggio was highly rated over there (gee he did some great things on the VFL on the weekend - and some terrible things - but they will be ironed out).

I think both these players will be guns, but there are unfortunately bigger (and more urgent) issues at the moment, and Judd could help fix them more than any other player. Hansen, Riggio, and maybe our 1st and 2nd round picks this year would give us a shot.

But - it is not going to happen.

I hope this hits home a bit for the board of the damage all this shit does.

Afterall Brayshaw, it is all about the flag isn't it?
Money doesn't = flags.

I think the Carey situation was a bit different in that he really had no choice - he had to leave. Judd isn't being forced out, he's made the choice to go home.

In terms of relating to what Eagles fans are going through, I guess Pagan leaving North is probably the closest. It's only since he got sacked from Carlton that a lot of us have finally forgiven him.

From the Geelong fans I know, most of them have forgiven Colbert for walking out on them.

Time heals all wounds.

It's how the exit is handled really isn't it, still a lot of water under the bridge yet, especially if he brings Collingwood into the equation.

He was. But he also has given Judd both barrels for leaving.
Hypocrite.

Speaking of getting both barrels, were you at the press conference? I was listening to it on radio and half expected one of the WA journos to get on his knees and whilst trying to hold back the tears and wailing, "But Juddy....why have you betrayed us?!?!?! Why? Why? Why?"

Afterall Brayshaw, it is all about the flag isn't it?
Money doesn't = flags.

Welcome back mate!
A very very good point here. The board keeps preaching about the flag, but this is a major dint in their argument - they fail to consider that being based in Melbourne (where the soul of the club is) is ACTUALY easier to attract and retain a lot of players. That is the where football spirit is and a lot of players (except those born interstate) do like to live in an AFL home town.

So this GC shit has yet to convince anyone about it's advantages, but it's already costing us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd Rejects Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back