Judd threads (merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Why on earth would Judd consider Carlton?

I can see Judd and Carlton as a good fit somehow. They will be on the up (eventually) and he seems to be the sort of character that suits the traditions of the club (forget the recent stuff - I'm talking the Craig Bradley, Stephen Kernahan type).

It could be a good win/win. he would create instant excitement, sponsorship and turnstile dollars for Carlton. People will come just to see him play.

WCE are a good teaching club and, at this point in their histories, relative to Carlton, will probably do better with the swag of early picks that they'll trade him for.

In their current state, without the nucleus of champions, Carlton aren't able to give Gibb's etc what they need in terms of role models. Great players make others around them greater and Judd is one of those.

Also with his bullet head and square jaw - he'd look good in a Carlton jumper.:D

I'm a West Aussie without any particular leanings club wise (I just love good footy). I reckon Judd is going to be the greatest ever and the Victorian public deserves to see more of him.

I wonder if his manager will pull the old Rugby League trick - that XXXX American NFL team is looking at the player.

Juddy would make a good wide reciever...........

Fevola, Stephens, Gibbs, and the other stars in the making. The Blues are starting to gather ..... Add Judd to there list and watch em go.

To see what is like to play on a losing team all the time.

To send them to the wall again

And a shit load of money, why else

Question,

If Judd goes out of contract with WC, does he have to nominate for the draft?

He is contracted until Oct 31 from memory. If the Eagles dont trade him and he still wants to leave he will have to enter the National Draft or the PSD. It wont get to that though, if he leaves he wont leave the Eagles in the lurch.

Why on earth would the Eagles send him to the club of his choice? Place your bids vic teams - we will squeeze the best deal out of one of you.

No doubt, having said that though, if he is committed to leaving they wont run the risk of potentially letting him slip through to the draft. They will get the best deal on offer, at least either a super talented kid and a high draft pick or 2 x high picks, or an experienced player and a high pick. Teams that dont have high picks to spend will be out of the running I would suggest.

Why on earth would Judd consider Carlton? Simple... so long as it's Pratt's will. If he ends up anywhere else it will be because Pratty rejected him. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would the Eagles send him to the club of his choice? Place your bids vic teams - we will squeeze the best deal out of one of you.

From the AFLPA CBA Agreement:

18.5 No AFL Club shall exchange any Player unless the Player has been given as much notice as possible by the AFL Club of its intention to trade without any duress being applied by the AFL Club, its employees or agents to the player and the Player genuinely consents to the trade.

If Judd wants to go somewhere, he will end up at that club. As in past years, it is all about the Clubs getting the player to where he wants to go, the Club will then try to get the best deal in return with that club obviously.

Lets wait and see who Judd selects this week. Eagles, Carlton or Other?

Perhaps. But don't be surprised if more clubs make the same decision Collingwood apparently has. Too much for the trade, too much under the cap and an uncertain medical future.

Why on earth would Judd consider Carlton? Simple... so long as it's Pratt's will. If he ends up anywhere else it will be because Pratty rejected him. :cool:

Hilarious. Ask Pratt to make it rain using just his willpower.

He is contracted until Oct 31 from memory. If the Eagles dont trade him and he still wants to leave he will have to enter the National Draft or the PSD. It wont get to that though, if he leaves he wont leave the Eagles in the lurch.

If he does leave he wont go via any of the drafts. A deal will be done. I can't see the Eagles doing a Port (letting Stevens going for nothing). It will more than likely be a deal that will involve numerous clubs.

Move from a team who prides itself on winning to a team who celebrates losing and has a history of rorting the system?

Would Judd appreciate being told to just go through the motions and dont worry about what happens so the team can get another young player at the end of the year?

Another pathetic troll about Carlton. You Jealous idiot

Fevola, Stephens, Gibbs, and the other stars in the making. The Blues are starting to gather ..... Add Judd to there list and watch em go.

Carlton still have a lot of ordinary players on their list. Waite is good, O'halpin may develop - same as Murphy. Walker looks pretty good. Fevola, Stevens and not a lot else.
Other than being a number 1 draft pick. Gibbs has shown nothing to call him a star in the making.
Carlton will be alright but I don't see a superteam in the making - even with Judd.

If Judd goes to Carlton, then it shows he is all about the MONEY $$$$$$$$$ and nothing else. Maybe, and a big maybe, they will be competitive is 3-5 years, but they will be nothing special over the next few, and that's the bottom line.
If he wants success he will try and get traded to Hawthorn or Collingwood.
But in the end, I think he really is chasing the money and will end up at Carlton.

No matter who gets him, they better do a damn good medical on that groin/hip/ankle before he comes. Don't want another Kouta on our hands do we ;)

Hilarious. Ask Pratt to make it rain using just his willpower.

Haven't you hear the reason the whole country is in drought at the moment, Pratt doesn't like rain.:D

I think if Judd does leave which I still don't think is a certainty, it will just be a matter of wanting to return home and the club will not be particularly relevant. Carlton is the one everyone brings up because they have a few things they could give (high draft picks, a key forward WC need), have obvious room in the cap that other clubs do not and they have been saying for months they want to land a big name.

Only go to Carlton if he has a bender with Cousins, Kerr, Chick and Fletcher and wakes up disoriented, then agrees to play for the Blues.

He wouldn't suit the Blues because no matter the situation, he won't tank.

If Judd goes to Carlton, then it shows he is all about the MONEY $$$$$$$$$ and nothing else. Maybe, and a big maybe, they will be competitive is 3-5 years, but they will be nothing special over the next few, and that's the bottom line.
If he wants success he will try and get traded to Hawthorn or Collingwood.
But in the end, I think he really is chasing the money and will end up at Carlton.

No matter who gets him, they better do a damn good medical on that groin/hip/ankle before he comes. Don't want another Kouta on our hands do we ;)

Success?? hahaha. We are talking about the success in the post-world war era, something Collingwood doesn't know alot about....

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd threads (merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back