Judd to contest suspension!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd is very lucky he didn't scratch Rischitellis cornia. Just a scratch on that and the kid can't see for hours and then poses the question of infection.

Silly thing to do. Was one of the games greats in my eyes until this his second incident. I was willing to give him a chance after the first gouge on Brown but it is as plain as day this is a part of his game.

Pretty soon we'll have kids gouging out each others eyes or giving each other facials on the play ground. How are they meant to grow up and come and see games if they need a guide dog.

They should throw the book at him; they gave him an easy out, and a tame suspension, his arrogance to challenge it is breathtaking.

I'm guessing the only reason why they're contesting it is because they've found a loophole in a rule. Will be interesting to see what the argument is.

It will indeed.

If there is a loophole and he somehow gets off, the damage to his reputation will be incalculabe.

Would have been much better to have taken the two weeks and given the public their pound of flesh.

Rance made unneccesary and unreasonabe contact to the face of Buddy Franklin, but the MRP deemed the contact not sufficiently forceful to warrant a report.... Whats the difference here?? Same charge, yet all of a sudden force is not taken into account??

An off the cuff joking statement by judd at the airport should not be a reason for conviction.. There must be more evidnence than that...

Desperado...why don't you come to your senses...etc

It will indeed.

If there is a loophole and he somehow gets off, the damage to his reputation will be incalculabe.

Would have been much better to have taken the two weeks and given the public their pound of flesh.

WTF ??? :confused::confused:

Don't you think you are going a little over the top ??

Advisors to Judd - 'Do you realise if you lose this appeal a bunch of flogs on BigFooty are going to post that they don't like you'.

Judd - Noooooooooooooooo - call off the appeal !!

I would imagine that they would argue that while there was intent, the actual contact was so light so as to be not even deemed an offence.

At the end of the day, despite Judd's best efforts, no damage whatsoever was done and so no charge should have been laid.

Whether the tribunal buys this though.....

Exactly what they will argue.

How can this be 'Low Impact'. there wasnt any impact. No damage done. just Judd trying being a bit silly....

If i ruffle someones hair after they miss a shot for goal then...

- Intentional - yes
- High - Yes
- Low Impact - Yes.

So 3 week suspension??

THE MRP have suspended on hearsay. How can u suspend someone for hands on the face?? Thats what i hear people arguing?? If there was no gouge ( which we have established there wasnt ), then hands on the face is not a reportable offence.. Not saying it wasnt stupid...but ive seen people rub there hands in peoples faces after they have tackled them and got holding the ball etc... Not gouging and not reportable...

Look forward to seeing him round 1

It will indeed.

How does the existence of a loophole increase damage to his reputation compared with pleading guilty?

How can this be 'Low Impact'. there wasnt any impact. No damage done. just Judd trying being a bit silly....

- Intentional - yes
- High - Yes
- Low Impact - Yes.

So 3 week suspension??

THE MRP have suspended on hearsay. How can u suspend someone for hands on the face?? Thats what i hear people arguing?? If there was no gouge ( which we have established there wasnt ), then hands on the face is not a reportable offence.. Not saying it wasnt stupid...but ive seen people rub there hands in peoples faces after they have tackled them and got holding the ball etc... Not gouging and not reportable...

Completely agree and love it :D I also love seeing all these JEALOUS supporters from other clubs kick up a stink about it haha!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should throw the book at him; they gave him an easy out, and a tame suspension, his arrogance to challenge it is breathtaking.

yeah, really arrogant to second guess the MRP cause they never get it wrong and everyone should just cop whatever they offer. How dare the club exercise their right to challenge the suspension? Bloody Carlton ...

How does the existence of a loophole increase damage to his reputation compared with pleading guilty?

Have you not sensed that nearly the entire football world (with the exception of Gary Lyon and some Carlton supporters) is against him here? Christ, even a significant minroty - pehaps even a majority - of Carlton supporters on this board think this is a dumb move.

Given his history of poking and prodding around the head and facial region and the feeling that he "got away with something previously" he'd be much better off to give the public its pound of flesh.

If he gets off, he'll have to put up with barbs and accusations for the balance of his career and I'm not talking about your regular idiots over the fence either. Brand Judd will be damaged, perhaps irreparably.

rickster, I'd think if Rischitelli 'blacked out' Judd would be de-registered for life.

And so he should have been but he did'nt did he?

It was an attempt! and Judd said himself that he thought it was "dumb" and I assure you so does every other Carlton supporter,

You cannot suspend a player for touching another player's head, if something had of happened to Rischitelli fair enough punish Judd but NOTHING did happen, Fine the man for attempting something stupid and move the hell on!

lolz.

judd must be embarrased by his explanation to the media, he is going to be called the karate kid for the rest of his career, whether he gets off or not.

total lolz.

players at the brownlow should shout out 'karate kid', whenever he gets a vote.

- Intentional - yes
- High - Yes
- Low Impact - Yes.

So 3 week suspension??

Much as I'd love to see Carlton punished, I tend to agree (except for the last bit). Only warranted a reprimand and warning for mine. A fair dose of tall poppy syndrome in evidence here.

Seems strange to admit it and then contest it. There has already been a fair amount of public condemnation of this act, so if he gets off it will cause a bit of a backlash.

lolz.

judd must be embarrased by his explanation to the media, he is going to be called the karate kid for the rest of his career, whether he gets off or not.

total lolz.

players at the brownlow should shout out 'karate kid', whenever he gets a vote.
yer that was funny..:rolleyes:

I wonder if Judd's defence will smear Rischitelli's character during the tribunal hearing? Has Judd asked Campbell Brown for a character reference this time around? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd to contest suspension!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back