Judd - Too good to sit with the rest of the team

Remove this Banner Ad

The same 10 players didnt sit in business class every week and it wasnt sorted out by who earns the most.

another poster said this earlier in the thread
Kerr was on some footy show last week, and was saying when Cuzzy dropped off the perch, he had to make his move early to ensure he got Cuzzy's old seat.

i'm assuming that means Cousins sat in business class. Could be wrong though.

Judd probably has a squillion frequent flier points from travelling from the west so much, so i'd say he's a Platinum FF Member which will very often get upgraded free of charge to any spare business class seats. gold members sometimes get upgraded but platinum members get upgraded very often

Judd probably has a squillion frequent flier points from travelling from the west so much, so i'd say he's a Platinum FF Member which will very often get upgraded free of charge to any spare business class seats. gold members sometimes get upgraded but platinum members get upgraded very often

You make too much sense to be on BigFooty.

I also read the part that said that the more senior players used to sit in business class while others sat in coach. Either way, the Eagles quite openly embraced segregation at some point, correct?

I'd like to see how this came to light. There is no link. In fact, the Carlton board suggested prior to this that Judd had flown across on a separate flight for some reason.

Perhaps this is what was noted, Judd in business class with no Carlton coaches or players around him? Or did the person who saw this, walk around the plane to confirm where the other Carlton players were?

It's a little dubious.

Oh .... :thumbsu:
Why don't you respond properly.

Judd does this by himself.

The eagles had senior and larger players do it.

Big difference.

The funniest bit in this is the paper Judd was supposedly reading.

Oh dear, reading about finance, what a snob!

Get over it you idiots. Not everyone celebrates mediocrity.

On where Judd sits:

1. Edited: I was wrong about this!.
2. The airline may well upgrade him for reason of their own.
3. Judd may have some valid reason for travelling in buniness, injury concerns, flight anxiety, etc.
4. Judd might pay for the upgrade himself (have it taken out of his wages) if he considers it important enough for him.

A total non issue, unless you are a Carlton player and know the full details and find it a problem. As for the rest of us.

Who cares.

Interesting thing came to light about Judd's trip to Perth this week. While Judd sat reading the Financial Times in Business class, the rest of the team, including Brett Ratten sat in Cattle Class down the back of the plane.

Must be creating great team unity down there to have your star player too good to sit with the rest of the team.

We are still waiting to hear exactly how this "came to light".

Perhaps it didn't come to light at all - perhaps kane249 fabricated it all for his own amusement! Strange how nobody seems to be coming forward to corroborate the story? Hmmmm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all clubs usually have between 6-12 business class seats on each flight, I think the media must have forgot about the other 10 carlton players in business class.

Why any player would not try to sit in business class is beyond me. I have experienced the two and you feel 100x better when you get off a business class flight. It is obviously better preperation for him to sit there than up the back.

On where Judd sits:

1. He won't have "heaps of frequent flyer points" unless he's paying for his flights.
3. Judd may have some valid reason for travelling in buniness, injury concerns, flight anxiety, etc.
4. Judd might pay for the upgrade himself (have it taken out of his wages) if he considers it important enough for him.

A total non issue, unless you are a Carlton player and know the full details and find it a problem. As for the rest of us.

Who cares.

Hands down the smartest post I have read on Bigfooty.

yeah he would have heaps of FF points. and they go to the individual not the company except i think for government employees (?).

But having said that it does show a bit of a tosser attitude to sit by yourself in business class reading the financial review while the rest of the team flys up back. On that, anyone read an article last week where Daniel Kerr was interviewed and he said he'd spoken to Judd about the game this week being a sell out? Judd's reply was something like "The Judd Man always pulls a crowd". WTH? "The Judd Man" - hmm, not a tosser at all...I noticed Aka made reference to it on TFS last night...had a bit of a laugh.

On where Judd sits:

1. He won't have "heaps of frequent flyer points" unless he's paying for his flights.

Who cares.

Great post from a non-Carlton supporter. Glad you put this all in perspective :thumbsu:

After all the earlier threads I was seriously contemplating switching teams and barracking for St. Kilda. I was just devastated to hear Judd was sitting in business class :rolleyes:

Hands down the smartest post I have read on Bigfooty.

Except is partly wrong.

the Eagles players (and all players) do indeed get to keep the frequent flyer points from their flights.

Source = an Eagles player who was telling me he never has time to use them!

May as well spend them on upgrades.

Juddy would have millions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd - Too good to sit with the rest of the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back