Judd - Too good to sit with the rest of the team

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL's Barry Bonds?

I went to the Carlton Adelaide games last weekend and noticed that when Cloke (I think it was) kicked a goal pretty much every Carlton player ran over and gave him a pat on the backside whereas Judd just trotted back to the centre.

Probably the same as when Roughie kicked a goal and Buddy who was about 5 metres away turned around and walked back to the goal square without even looking at Roughie. Oh right Buddies a flamboyant individual.

Probably the same as when Roughie kicked a goal and Buddy who was about 5 metres away turned around and walked back to the goal square without even looking at Roughie. Oh right Buddies a flamboyant individual.
Don't know about the incident, but one is a club captain, the other isn't.

Interesting thing came to light about Judd's trip to Perth this week. While Judd sat reading the Financial Times in Business class, the rest of the team, including Brett Ratten sat in Cattle Class down the back of the plane.

Must be creating great team unity down there to have your star player too good to sit with the rest of the team.

The Eagles always have about 12 business class seats, the rest are economy. Generally the tallers players and the higher paid players (senior players at least) sit up the front and the rest down the back.

Worsfold was in business class and the rest of the coaches in economy when I was on the same flight as them last week.

Still happening at West Coast is it? Would have been nice of the thread starter knew about this beforehand.

Not sure what it has to do with Buddy, or Hawthorn, I went to the Carlton v Crows game as a neutral and it was something I noticed, I couldn't give a rats about it to be honest just thought it was relevant to the thread.

Interesting thing came to light about Judd's trip to Perth this week. While Judd sat reading the Financial Times in Business class, the rest of the team, including Brett Ratten sat in Cattle Class down the back of the plane.

Must be creating great team unity down there to have your star player too good to sit with the rest of the team.

"came to light". Interesting choice of words.
Just exactly, and specifically, did it "come to light"?

Still happening at West Coast is it? Would have been nice of the thread starter knew about this beforehand.

Not sure how its relevant. We obviously travel alot more, have alot more money. Why wouldnt we. Brisbane have travelled business class since Leigh Matthews first came to the club. Its alot different when every single other person sits in economy and only one man sits in first class by himself. Especially when that one man is the captain. If he distanced himself from the team any further he would be playing for the Melbourne Victory next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles always have about 12 business class seats, the rest are economy. Generally the tallers players and the higher paid players (senior players at least) sit up the front and the rest down the back.

Worsfold was in business class and the rest of the coaches in economy when I was on the same flight as them last week.

Maybe Freo should instigate the same policy - I sat behind Sandilands in economy last year SYD-PER (He did have an exit row though)

I agree. Blues fans would wanna play this one down but that is a real sign of an F-ed up culture because he is a player like everyone else on that plane.

EDIT: I dont even think Bucks was that much of a primadona back in his FIGJAM days.

I would bet most teams do it - at least those that could afford it would do it. Those clubs that can afford it do some clubs would even charter a whole business class plane for the team if they thought it would help.

I'd think it would be understandable if it was because of his injury and he needs more leg room, but obviously he thinks spending the money and being more comfortable on the plane helps him play better.

I'd think it would be understandable if it was because of his injury and he needs more leg room, but obviously he thinks spending the money and being more comfortable on the plane helps him play better.

Would be paid for by the club. Guarantee it.

Read the thread please ODN.

Nowadays at WCE all players sit in Business Class (w/ Worsfold). Pleb assistant coaches etc in cattle.

:thumbsu:
I also read the part that said that the more senior players used to sit in business class while others sat in coach. Either way, the Eagles quite openly embraced segregation at some point, correct?

I'd like to see how this came to light. There is no link. In fact, the Carlton board suggested prior to this that Judd had flown across on a separate flight for some reason.

Perhaps this is what was noted, Judd in business class with no Carlton coaches or players around him? Or did the person who saw this, walk around the plane to confirm where the other Carlton players were?

It's a little dubious.

Oh .... :thumbsu:

And so he should. He's a class above every one else on the field and that should be reflected by the seating arrangements on the plane.

If I was Juddy I would demand that the other players carry me on their shoulders when travelling interstate. F***ing plebs!

He shouldn't need to demand it!

I also read the part that said that the more senior players used to sit in business class while others sat in coach. Either way, the Eagles quite openly embraced segregation at some point, correct?

I'd like to see how this came to light. There is no link. In fact, the Carlton board suggested prior to this that Judd had flown across on a separate flight for some reason.

Perhaps this is what was noted, Judd in business class with no Carlton coaches or players around him? Or did the person who saw this, walk around the plane to confirm where the other Carlton players were?

It's a little dubious.

Oh .... :thumbsu:

The same 10 players didnt sit in business class every week and it wasnt sorted out by who earns the most.

Most teams have at least a couple of seats in business class.

It's usually players that have ongoing injury issues or a history of problems with travel that use them.

Only one business class seat at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd - Too good to sit with the rest of the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back