Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

The commentators are going on about 'floating fixture' and they didnt know who theyd play????

THAT WAS 2020!!!!

2021 might mean timeslots arent decided. But the fixture of which round you play a team has been out all year!

Idiots.

Honestly some clubs need to get more creative, not every colour on your guernsey needs to be represented in even proportions each time.

for one off designs you can go heavy on one colour with minor trim of the others, and if you know youā€™re playing a team that shares similar colours in that one off game, pick up the phone and work it out so it works for everyone.

some clubs do it well and lean in to it, others seem to not want to to offend the other colours on their guernseyā€¦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have the worst trio of guernseys in the league (blue and red, blue and red and blue and red)

View attachment 1139646View attachment 1139648
Yet I can't remember us clashing since we bought in those 3 options.

Mostly we wear either the normal jumper or the dramatically lighter blue alternate.

One is dark, one is light. That's a clear fix more often that not. As long as jumpers are solid colours and there's a distinction between light and dark it doesn't matter that they are the same colour, as seen tonight.

I think we mostly wear the red back against the Eagles away and it seems very useful for that specific purpose.

The commentators are going on about 'floating fixture' and they didnt know who theyd play????

THAT WAS 2020!!!!

2021 might mean timeslots arent decided. But the fixture of which round you play a team has been out all year!

Idiots.

This is what I came here to ask.
How the hell does the AFL have everyone saying this? Not just commentators but itā€™s on some social media posts and players like Steven May saying itā€™s understandable due to a floating fixture.
We have known the dogs play the dees in Rd 11 Sir Doug Nicholls round since the fixture came out last year.

It is utterly bizarre they are all saying it.

It just screams how much AFL accredited media is just a mouth piece for the big boss upstairs.

Very Joffrey "my father was murdered by our enemies" vibes given we all knew the fixture and even if this game was held in Perth the Dogs would be the nominal home side.

The line is "we didn't know the fixture" so here we are.

It just screams how much AFL accredited media is just a mouth piece for the big boss upstairs.

Very Joffrey "my father was murdered by our enemies" vibes given we all knew the fixture and even if this game was held in Perth the Dogs would be the nominal home side.

The line is "we didn't know the fixture" so here we are.

How dumb do they think we are?

It's great to celebrate indigenous culture and all but these issues are bound to arise when you're basically using a match-day uniform as a piece of artwork. Same goes for Anzac round singlets. Commemorate these occasions with an additional logo on each singlet that is the same, like a poppy on anzac round uniforms, etc.

The AFL are still shit with match-day uni's.

And let's just pull the white shorts policy. Seriously it's ****ing stupid. There was a need for it once when clubs couldn't afford alternate strips. The AFL is supposed to be a multi-million dollar League! Should encourage clubs to adopt white shorts in their main uniform. They all seem to think that white shorts is inferior for some reason. Why? Geelong try to avoid it as much as they can, when they classy wearing them. Even North inversed their colour scheme to avoid it.

I reckon Footscray look great with white shorts and should adopt it in home games. Afterall, its one of their official colours and it suits their singlet which has white in it! Definitely better than a lot of other clubs that are forced to use it with their home singlet because they are the away team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back