Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course, there's generally no reason why North can't wear blue shorts vs Collingwood but until the AFL actually allows teams to wear coloured shorts against each other (eg AFLW) then the use of white shorts for these particular games is needed.
They do allow some teams to both play in the preferred "home" kits currently.

Usually involving the red teams, GC and Syd.

The problem is when two teams in dark kits play, and they both use the dark jumper and the away team just pops on white shorts.

North really isnt a problem if they are in their preferred royal blue and we are in our preferred black.

But guess what the AFL decision was for this year...Pies in white shorts!!

View attachment 2045892

The white shorts make it worse, as means both teams have more white.

As the other poster said, it is contrasting colour which you want.

Red really pops against other colours, which is why Essendon, StK and Adelaide could easily do a red based alternate and solve majority of their clashes. Similar with Richmond (yellow) and Port (teal).

Emphasise the alternate colour instead of going with a generic white strip.

And I agree that the Pies could/should do a BLACK OUT style clash kit against North and Geelong (the white teams) which we have previously done, which is basically ALL BLACK with a couple of thin white braces.
Is this the first year of this Collingwood design?

I've never had a problem before this year, but now they've gone full Port Adelaide with the front/back being different bases.

Despite being white on black, the front is just overwhelmingly white, whereas the back is black.

Absolute pain.

Is this the first year of this Collingwood design?

I've never had a problem before this year, but now they've gone full Port Adelaide with the front/back being different bases.

Despite being white on black, the front is just overwhelmingly white, whereas the back is black.

Absolute pain.
Changed in 2021.

I personally liked the older one which was 3 white stripes on the black jumper.

Absolute pain.

I used to think I was swimming against the tide on that, but lately it feels like the tide is turning.

But to be fair, the Pies are at home tonight and it's still very easy to come up with something that provides clear differentiation.

They do allow some teams to both play in the preferred "home" kits currently.

Usually involving the red teams, GC and Syd.

The problem is when two teams in dark kits play, and they both use the dark jumper and the away team just pops on white shorts.
I know. However there is no reason why Port as an away team can't wear black shorts vs North, for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree North should have an all blue kit (we roll the training jumpers out for Geelong)
But why are Sydney wearing their indigenous jumper with significantly more white against a team with...white.

At the ground. Can tell them apart thanks to red and blue being totally different. But not an ideal presentation. As a few have written, put North in blue.

As I’ve written before, **** off the one off guernseys. The Swans indigenous one wasn’t designed with this fixture in mind, and what’s the point of North’s away guernsey which is practically similar to their home guernsey? Some heritage crap I assume. How’s this for an idea? Your heritage is your home guernsey.

I agree North should have an all blue kit (we roll the training jumpers out for Geelong)
But why are Sydney wearing their indigenous jumper with significantly more white against a team with...white.
Because it's yet another Indigenous / NAIDOC / reconciliation / insert here round.

(Another reason why it should be done all at once in conjunction with SDN Round, but I digress)

At the ground. Can tell them apart thanks to red and blue being totally different. But not an ideal presentation. As a few have written, put North in blue.

As I’ve written before, **** off the one off guernseys. The Swans indigenous one wasn’t designed with this fixture in mind, and what’s the point of North’s away guernsey which is practically similar to their home guernsey? Some heritage crap I assume. How’s this for an idea? Your heritage is your home guernsey.
One off jumpers aren't the issue sadly.

It's bizarre North are wearing colourless shorts against Sydney, when The Swans for some strange reason 99/100 usually play against teams who wear coloured shorts.

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back