Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, I'm from the future! The 2024 semi between gws and brisbane was horrific!
Cheers!
Hi from the future….

You Are Right Doom Patrol GIF by Max

The crazy thing is Brisbane literally have 4 different jumpers. Maroon, Red, Yellow and White and none really work, but I reckon Red (Fitzroy) with Blue shorts could work? Even with 4 different coloured jumpers a 5th one Blue or Navy would be best. The great thing for Brisbane is they all look great and the all instantly look like Brisbane, because they’re all the same.

I take my glasses off and look at the TV. I can easily tell the teams players apart.

Lions white kit would be better, but this is fine.

While I agree this isn’t the worst, it’s not about looking at them. You can tell any two teams apart by looking at them.

It’s about having the strongest possible contrast so that players and fans can very simply identify who is in their peripheral vision while they’re watching one part of the ground.

Same principle as high vis safety wear. It pops in your peripheral vision and you know clearly what is coming without totally focussing on it.

By this logic, Carlton and Collingwood shouldn't wear their home kit when they play each other! Madness!
Carlton v Collingwood is fine
But Collingwood v Carlton sucks balls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crazy thing is Brisbane literally have 4 different jumpers. Maroon, Red, Yellow and White and none really work, but I reckon Red (Fitzroy) with Blue shorts could work? Even with 4 different coloured jumpers a 5th one Blue or Navy would be best. The great thing for Brisbane is they all look great and the all instantly look like Brisbane, because they’re all the same.

Predominantly white would have worked better for Brissy tonight. But I still think the league should reject dumb jumpers like the Giants.

You'll be wearing Fitzroy colours hopefully.
They did 2 years ago
But with white shorts because we had blue on

I do wonder though if that was due to Brisbane only ever wearing the Fitzroy jumper in away games and therefore only have white shorts to go with it.
Every photo I can find of Brisbane in that jumper, they have white shorts on

one of the greatest comebacks in AFL history. Last quarter will be replayed for eternity and that’s what will be presented!

Giants in home guernsey and white shorts, Lions in full home strip. That was the best option with current strip options available to both clubs and allowing Giants to wear their home guernsey at home.

Last night’s strip outcome was pathetic, especially for a final.

Geelong in white shorts with us wearing Maroon would be ideal visually.

Yes! Both clubs in their home guernseys, work the shorts around that. That’s what should’ve happened last night.

Anything else in the Cats v Lions game next week will be shit. Lions don’t have blue or red shorts in their current strip options.

They did 2 years ago
But with white shorts because we had blue on

I do wonder though if that was due to Brisbane only ever wearing the Fitzroy jumper in away games and therefore only have white shorts to go with it.
Every photo I can find of Brisbane in that jumper, they have white shorts on
The only coloured shorts we have is Maroon, wish we had either red or blue shorts to wear for away games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back