Just hand the flamin flag to the pies and be done with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I understand the emotion, but surely we should wait until they've played at least a couple of the top contenders before we give up on the season entirely...

I think the views of this supporter sum up the views of the club he supports, since it's inception.

"it's all too hard, let's give up."

So the OP is basically ruling out 16 other teams competing for the premiership after what is it... round 5? :eek:

There is still the chance of injuries, poor form and suspension that could impact Collingwood's season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been pretty average so far this season, i'm not too sure where this idea that we're unbeatable is coming from. Essendon made us seem pedestrian during various stages of yesterdays game.

So the OP is basically ruling out 16 other teams competing for the premiership after what is it... round 5? :eek:

There is still the chance of injuries, poor form and suspension that could impact Collingwood's season
Surely we can rule out at least 13 though.

They haven't even played the main challengers yet. Stupid thread.
Yep, come back in 3 weeks, and if we have handled the Cats and Dogs in the manner we did the Blues and Bombers (with ease at half pace), then you can start these type of threads.;):cool:

Don't know whether this thread is being a little sarcastic but I highly doubt they'll win all games.

It only takes a moment, a sense of belief, an off day for a team to beat them..

1. StKilda 2 years ago lost to a lowly Essendon in the H&A and then to Geelong in the GF
  2. Geelong in all their glory lost to Hawks in the GF
  3. StKilda one lucky moment short of winning last year
  4. Carlton in 95 lost 2 games in a row to the 2 teams that ended bottom of the ladder (StKilda, Sydney)
  5. Essendon lost to the Dogs in 2000
  6. Brisbane winning their first flag to a powerful Dons unit... starting their streak.
  7. Port minor premiers 3 years straight never reaching the GF.
And before we go crazy and hype them up... Remember the year of the StKilda streak.... something like 11 wins in a row until the wheels fell off...

It's bloody hard to keep momentum up like they have... I believe come the middle to end of the season.. after being hunted in every game they play mentally it'll get to them and they'll drop a couple... even an injury or two may begin to expose them a bit or even their over-confidence may play a part in things.

Remember the season is a marathon not a sprint... the Geelongs, Hawthorns, Bulldogs and hopefully Blues and other teams will time their run and grasp the moment when it's there for their taking.

They're beatable. Just need everything to go right for you. When we were beating their mids, we couldn't capitalise up forward and when their mids found more of it they did capitalise. An efficiency thing, which I expect should improve down at Windy Hill.

18 wins for the season for the Pies imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back