Just hand the flamin flag to the pies and be done with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we also didn't play close to our best yesterday.
Neither did Collingwood. And that is indicative of how the 2 clubs compare. You didnt allow us to play at our best, we didnt allow Essendon. 5 goals is about right at this stage of the year.

What it did show, which mirrors the pre season GF, is that we are pretty evenly matched over the course of 110 mins and its the last burst that we are capable of that Essendon are not yet capable of. Be that a fitness issue or above the shoulders, it still has happened twice now.

alf.jpg

Neither did Collingwood. And that is indicative of how the 2 clubs compare. You didnt allow us to play at our best, we didnt allow Essendon. 5 goals is about right at this stage of the year.

What it did show, which mirrors the pre season GF, is that we are pretty evenly matched over the course of 110 mins and its the last burst that we are capable of that Essendon are not yet capable of. Be that a fitness issue or above the shoulders, it still has happened twice now.

Yeah this is pretty much true, but I actually feel the first quarter lost it for us. We were nervous in response to the occasion, but the Pies had dealt with it before and were the far cleaner side. We calmed down after quarter time, and even fought our way back to make it a competitive game, but we had fallen too far behind, and Collingwood were good enough to get back to that 3-4 goal lead every time we challenged. I don't think you'll go undefeated, but at the moment, the flag is yours for the taking.

Feels like half the threads that get started these days exist only to be bumped, and I'm not just talking about Bay 13 style "Mr. X is a spud" inanities. This is just another one. Collingwood are beatable. They're very good, but really...

Seriously i can't see any team troubling the pies this year. They are just to bloody good with superstars on every line.

Its hard to say it but they will become the first team to win every game for the season :thumbsdown:

methinks not

theyve looked vulnerable several times so far, no way they go undefeated, someone will catch them on a bad day & they will suffer a few injuries along the way & I question their depth a bit

We are doing well at the moment but we are a long way from the finals.
I doubt we will go undefeated
We probably will get into the eight
We may go top four
Winning a GF is freaking hard
To win two in a row very very hard

We haven't been playing our best footy (seem to have lost our forward press and some midfielders are down) and I think many sides have developed and understand ways to counter our structures and playstyle. I don't think its as simple as 'handing collingwood the flag'. I think we will be challenged much more greatly this year then last with many teams on the uprise.

I wouldn't be surprised to lose a few games this year and winning back to back grand final is ALWAYS hard, look at Geelong for example.

We are doing well at the moment but we are a long way from the finals.
I doubt we will go undefeated
We probably will get into the eight
We may go top four
Winning a GF is freaking hard
To win two in a row very very hard

You sure? Mate, you're going out on a limb there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been pretty average so far this season, i'm not too sure where this idea that we're unbeatable is coming from. Essendon made us seem pedestrian during various stages of yesterdays game.

Not to mention the third quarter vs Richmond...

Have Collingwood played anyone from last years top eight yet?

I have tipped the Pies for this years flag but a hysterical OP is a hysterical OP!

Fremantle in perth should get up, me thinks. Pies I think will be there again, next year will be a different story though.

Have Collingwood played anyone from last years top eight yet?

I have tipped the Pies for this years flag but a hysterical OP is a hysterical OP!

Carlton. Who gave them moments of fight but lacked the cream to finish the job.

Collingwood are just favorites but there are two teams this afternoon who are a real chance to hurt them later this year. Hawthorn have the forwards who if they fire on the day can really stretch Collingwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back