Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mostly but I'm still of the opinion he needs to have a crack with the people under him completely cleared out. If there was a world where JLo is sacked next season, can't have some new guy coming in with the likes of Bob Murphy and ******* Mzungu still charity employed.

why? All coaches start somewhere and there’s no way you’d have knowledge of how the coaches perform individuall.

joel Corey, Matt Boyd, Jamie Graham and Murphy all seem like quality people.

I’ve been harsh on JL recently but I must say I love this from the coach. Great gesture to call round and present the jumper to the kid

Did all three from yesterday.

2x in Melbourne , then Stopped in to SA to see Delean today.

Geez he always looked pretty skilled to me. Where's this coming from?

Observation. Murphy was just your average football player Whom the media loved for some reason.
I still can’t get over him being made all Australian captain in a year when he polled 72nd in the Brownlow.
To be given skills coach role at Freo smacks of giving him something to do, anything.

Observation. Murphy was just your average football player Whom the media loved for some reason.
I still can’t get over him being made all Australian captain in a year when he polled 72nd in the Brownlow.
To be given skills coach role at Freo smacks of giving him something to do, anything.
I'm not talking about his coaching or role here, that is a separate issue, I am saying he was a skilled player. I'm actually amazed anyone thinks otherwise. Stick insects don't play 300 AFL games if they aren't skillful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your mistake was referencing the Brownlow votes as a measure of worth unless they are a pure midfielder.

I thought he was talking about Ryan Murphy at first.
Ryan Murphy eh?

I remember him. His best ever game up forward was in a final. It was vs the demons in that 2006 semi final.

I thought... ok, he looks half decent. Pav at Full forward kicking 50-60 goals a season at Full forward, Ryan Murphy kicking 30-40 goals a season as a 2nd forward or CHF. It looked like it was heading in that way.

We then got chris tarrant at the end of 2006....

Ryan Murphy eh?

I remember him. His best ever game up forward was in a final. It was vs the demons in that 2006 semi final.

I thought... ok, he looks half decent. Pav at Full forward kicking 50-60 goals a season at Full forward, Ryan Murphy kicking 30-40 goals a season as a 2nd forward or CHF. It looked like it was heading in that way.

We then got chris tarrant at the end of 2006....
I remember Connolly commenting that we didn't have a lot of tall forwards, but they were quality. In the end Pavlich was quality.

I wouldn't say Ryan Murphy pack-skirted, but he got a lot of loose ball out the back.

Which isn't great if you want your key talls to contest.

That's all. A shame because I really liked him but his card got marked.

2024 will be an interesting season regardless.

If Justin Longmuir and Freo doesnt make finals in 2024, Likely Justin Longmuir will be sacked. I also see the dockers got 0-5 next season too in 2024.

If Longmuir is sacked in 2024, he will be another statistic when it comes to Freo coaches. I have said the average stint or period for a freo mens coach is 5 seasons. And if you look at Freos coaches in their history, its very Accurate.

Neesham was out 1st coach that last 4 years from 1995-98.

Drum lasted 2 and a half seasons from 1999-mid 2001.

Ben Allan was an interim coach that lasted 10-12 games. So that does not count.

Chris Connolly lasted 5 and a half seasons from early 2002 to mid 2007.

Mark Harvey took over in mid 2007, got the job full time at the end of 2007. Connolly walked out mid 2007 when the dockers were 6 wins and 9 losses. Harvey took over the last 7 goames, got us 4 wins and 3 losses. Mark Harvey was sacked at the end of 2011. So thats 4 and a half years there.

Ross Lyon lasted 8 seasons from 2012-19.

Justin Longmuir has been out coach since the 2nd of 2019, he has been out coach since 2020. So 2024 is his 5th season.

Its crazy that 1999-2019 stint. Drum was our worst coach and he only lasted 2 and half seasons. Ross Lyon is our best ever coach and he lasted 8 years. So thats 10 and a half years between them 2 blokes.

Then we had 2002-2011. Connolly lasted 5 and half seasons, Harvey lasted 4 and half seasons. So 10 years with them 2 blokes as well.

Average you must be kidding , Murphy 300 games so cant be too bad plus was good enough to be a captain of an AFL side

2024 will be an interesting season regardless.

If Justin Longmuir and Freo doesnt make finals in 2024, Likely Justin Longmuir will be sacked. I also see the dockers got 0-5 next season too in 2024.

If Longmuir is sacked in 2024, he will be another statistic when it comes to Freo coaches. I have said the average stint or period for a freo mens coach is 5 seasons. And if you look at Freos coaches in their history, its very Accurate.

Neesham was out 1st coach that last 4 years from 1995-98.

Drum lasted 2 and a half seasons from 1999-mid 2001.

Ben Allan was an interim coach that lasted 10-12 games. So that does not count.

Chris Connolly lasted 5 and a half seasons from early 2002 to mid 2007.

Mark Harvey took over in mid 2007, got the job full time at the end of 2007. Connolly walked out mid 2007 when the dockers were 6 wins and 9 losses. Harvey took over the last 7 goames, got us 4 wins and 3 losses. Mark Harvey was sacked at the end of 2011. So thats 4 and a half years there.

Ross Lyon lasted 8 seasons from 2012-19.

Justin Longmuir has been out coach since the 2nd of 2019, he has been out coach since 2020. So 2024 is his 5th season.

Its crazy that 1999-2019 stint. Drum was our worst coach and he only lasted 2 and half seasons. Ross Lyon is our best ever coach and he lasted 8 years. So thats 10 and a half years between them 2 blokes.

Then we had 2002-2011. Connolly lasted 5 and half seasons, Harvey lasted 4 and half seasons. So 10 years with them 2 blokes as well.
Most teams who go 0-2 doesn't make finals.

North Melbourne is a must win game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back