1. Modern game style
2. Ability to re-invent
3. Interpersonal skills
4. Success as a coach and as a player
5. Ability to handle pressure
6. Media smart
7. Status - people need to respect him
8. Ruthless

New coach doesn’t need all of them but must be self aware to allow assistance to bridge the grap.

Sounds great but who fits the bill?

Wasn't the idea to remove Ross and replace him with young fresh ideas. Clean fresh air was the term used . Why are Worsfold, Voss, Williams , Sumich, Scott even being mentioned. Now Ross is gone let's do it properly. Stuff the old guard coaches. Ross is the best of the old guard, if the club was going down that track they may as well have resigned Lyon.

THIS!!!!

Worsfold seems done with coaching if he wants out at Essendon. Offer him a Director of Coaching position to oversee Longmuir or whichever assistant we try. He seemed to relish that Director position at Adelaide.

There is no value add in throwing reported friend of a friend who stood at the FFC water cooler and overheard a couple of 55 year old admin staff bitching about Ross Lyon quotes. There is enough of that crap coming from the likes of Brad Hardie and Crumpets.

Ross Lyon did more good than any previous coach for this club but after 8-years the coaching structures and Conditioning needs a serious refresh. There are plenty of current and ex Freo players (incl. ex St Kilda and ex Sydney where he was assistant) that only have good things to say about Ross and will be disappointed but they will move on and get over it (apart from Paul Roos perhaps). There will also be plenty of players and coaching staff that have been delisted (moved on) or not played as much (or given as much say) as they would have liked who don’t like Ross at all.

The decision has been made and my opinion is that it is the right decision. They now need to get the appointment of a new coach, CEO and coaching supports etc correct - vitally important.

I can't stand this stance that a lot are taking. The "stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine" stance. I too used to think that it was the media trying to bring down Ross and the club but now I think you've got to be in denial if you think all the crap around Ross behind the scenes is just media shit talking and rumours from the office cleaner etc. Just ignoring it because you don't like the sources is a load of crap. I like to hear about it because it adds an insight to what is going on at the club and potentially one of the reasons for the sacking and what sort of coach we need to fix the discontent etc.

Media in the East are convinced that unless Worsfold pulls off a miracle against the Eagles he will be replaced with Rutten and then obviously as his family is back in WA he would come to us in some capacity.

The rumour behind the Woosha scuttlebutt is that his family already moved back to WA a long time ago and he wants to be back with them, so it's been mutually agreed that this is his last season with Essendon, who are very comfortable with letting him go.

Personally i'd like to see J.Lo get the top job and Woosha potentially looked in a Bondy/Belly 'director of coaching/director of football operations' type of mentoring role, but not as Freo's next senior coach. Fresh, young blood for the coaching job, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least the Bombers are capable of playing an exciting, attacking brand on occasion, maybe he can bring Tippa with him.

And he only conceded 21 goals in a row, so 2 goals better than the coach we just sacked (against vastly inferior opponents). So there's our two goals a game improvement and we're playing finals in 2020.

Look, before I even speak about this, let it be known I don't believe it.... but has anyone else been hearing that Clarkson is a possibility? From 3 different sources now people have been telling me its a lock and was done months ago. He is also only at $34 odds, which is the same as Ratten which makes me think maybee something might be up?

Look, before I even speak about this, let it be known I don't believe it.... but has anyone else been hearing that Clarkson is a possibility? From 3 different sources now people have been telling me its a lock and was done months ago. He is also only at $34 odds, which is the same as Ratten which makes me think maybee something might be up?
Bro, there is absolutely no chance

Clarkson at $34 and JLo at $1.50 and you think something is up??

Listen i have some magic beans if you're of interest.

I can't stand this stance that a lot are taking. The "stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine" stance. I too used to think that it was the media trying to bring down Ross and the club but now I think you've got to be in denial if you think all the crap around Ross behind the scenes is just media s**t talking and rumours from the office cleaner etc. Just ignoring it because you don't like the sources is a load of crap. I like to hear about it because it adds an insight to what is going on at the club and potentially one of the reasons for the sacking and what sort of coach we need to fix the discontent etc.
If you are looking for a reason to justify your dislike of Lyon then it is fine to accept information confirming your bias from whatever source you like, but that doesn't make it right. I choose to believe people who I trust, and that does NOT include the moronic glee club at 6pr or "someone who knows someone" at the club - how does that add any insight? My friend met Lyon as she was walking her dog one morning and the dog barked at Lyon - she swears the dog is a good judge of character so I can't ignore that piece of vital evidence.

I am sure Ross was not an easy guy to work with at times, but some of the best people I have ever worked with could be difficult at times. The vast majority of people who have been closely associated with him speak glowingly of him as a coach and a person. These are good people who know the guy, not anonymous sources or radio shock jocks.

So is it burying your head in the sand to ignore a biased WA media and an unnamed "source" or is burying your head in the sand ignoring the many, many good people who have Ross' back - quality people like Reiwoldt, Dal Santo, Pavlich and Fyfe. You go with Haggers, I'll go with Pav ;)

Since 2012 all flags are related to Clarkson one way or other. 2013 to 2015 Clarkson and after that all his assistant until 2018.i am not saying we should take one of Clarkson assistants, but should include 1 or 2 Clarkson assistants in the interview process. They should be put to our selection process, as same as every other applicants and at the end, who ever the best, has to be taken.... But it is very important to include them in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back