USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but editorials have been a part of US politics since the 18th century. But at least they were usually clearly delineated as such, and not part of the paper's or radio channel's 'news'.
Yeh part of my concern is the bleed/blend of editorial and news in recent years on both sides of politics.

It is very likely that a media organisation (even its Editorial wing) endorsing a candidate, may lead to them not accurately reporting on that candidate, avoiding bad news items etc..

Is there anyone out there going “I really love them both it’s just so hard to decide!”

In a 2 horse race it’s very relevant.

I like to think of the election as being a three horse race

There's Trump
There's Harris
And there is "I don't care enough to vote"

When you hear talk of independent voters, it's people in the third category, as opposed to people having a hard time splitting the candidates.

Ive mentioned here many time Trump want my furst choice as candidateand I wwould have prefered he didnt run .but he won the primaries and was elected. Thats a lot mor than than say about Harris
And yet you've never mentioned who your first choice was but come running to the defence of Trump no matter what he says.

Who cares about primaries? The guy who won the Democrats primary stepped down and the VP stood up.

Potential hot take

News organisations shouldn't endorse political candidates. Editorial wing or not.

in this instance, what makes it newsworthy is that this media organisation rarely do it. so concerned are they at the prospect of a person with no redeeming features getting hold of the levers again

This is just nonsense fearmongering you've swallow whole.

I still think the cycles will stay fairly similar if popular voting was introduced. I was just pointing out the tweet that appeared to want the Dems to be in power unchallenged. It may not end Democracy but it's certainly unhealthy.

It would just mean both parties have to look to represent everyone better as a whole, which can’t be a bad thing.

Both parties would modify policies accordingly

You're like a child :tearsofjoy:

Why on earth would one party rule forever? You seem to be saying here that Republicans are just that inherently bad that they will never again be able to produce a candidate that would appeal to a simple majority of voters.

It’s like one of those Trump admissions.

They may not be able to advocate for abortion bans as its nationally unpopular overall and other such unpopular policies they want to inflict.

Because when Republicans lose now, it simply can't be because the voters just didn't like them as much.

They believe everyone must be as underhanded as they are.

Because they have been taken over by a cult leader who has never admitted to losing anything ever in his life and they all fall in line behind him.

Future generations will study this period in time intently. Hopefully as a weird curiosity rather than the beginning of something much worse.

They have done it the past 3 elections

ipso facto why i said "rarely"

i don’t disagree with you that it would be preferable for the media not to take sides. waaaaay more concerning, though, is their using their so-called news pages for partisan political misinformation

Ive mentioned here many time Trump want my furst choice as candidateand I wwould have prefered he didnt run .but he won the primaries and was elected. Thats a lot mor than than say about Harris
plait plait plait

Too true.
Im just back from a game of poker where every person had the same political leanings as you all here. Even more extreme in a few cases. Thing is I dont judge a person's character based on politics, but if I outed myself as a conservative I wouldnt be invited back eventhough I have been a part of the group for years.
Trump isn’t a conservative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally agree SBD Gonzalez
It's a huge conundrum though - we see Trump like that but others see him as a polar opposite. :think:
How can that be? We've all got examples , had a mate who is quite intelligent but went down the rabbit hole during covid and is still tunneling.......... None of our group want to talk to him anymore.
There are plenty of dumb f***rs out here who support the Donald but there are plenty of smart ones who haven't seen through his BS , that's troubling to me.

A lot of it is people who see problems with the world (rightly) and come completely to the wrong conclusion.

Basically fall down a rabbit hole to a group of people who want to make things worse for everyone aside from a select few.

The gist seems to be centre left parties are satanic and corrupt so support the extreme right wing, usually led by culture war BS to scapegoat minority groups.

The correct answer is centre left parties worldwide need to be more left economically and less beholden to billionaires and corporations.

lol. Thats what you took from that. So very telling.
Long answer then:
I have some conservative leaning friends and some family. I lean left but I have voted conservative on a couple of occasions.
None of them are Trumpers though. If they said they admired Trump and wanted him to win this election I would at least ask their reasons why. I would hopefully get actual answers from them, not deflection and vagueness like your answers.
You are suggesting you’ re voting for Trump because you are a conservative. Are you someone who blindly votes conservative no matter what their policies, their leader or behaviours? As I say, though, Trumpism, is not conservatism, it is more in line with fascism. So if my friends said they like his fascist policies, I might avoid them, yes.

Long answer then:
I have some conservative leaning friends and some family. I lean left but I have voted conservative on a couple of occasions.
None of them are Trumpers though. If they said they admired Trump and wanted him to win this election I would at least ask their reasons why. I would hopefully get actual answers from them, not deflection and vagueness like your answers.
You are suggesting you’ re voting for Trump because you are a conservative. Are you someone who blindly votes conservative no matter what their policies, their leader or behaviours? As I say, though, Trumpism, is not conservatism, it is more in line with fascism. So if my friends said they like his fascist policies, I might avoid them, yes.
Lol.
Not sure if you realise this but I don't vote in the US elections.

And politics isn't everything and doesnt define a person avoiding people because of it is just dumb.

Lol.
Not sure if you realise this but I don't vote in the US elections.

And politics isn't everything and doesnt define a person avoiding people because of it is just dumb.
You are all over the place. If you think it is just dumb then why don’t you own up to your poker buddies?
Are you ever capable of answering anything properly?
Yes apologise I should have said supportive of rather than voting for. My bad there.

Last edited:
You are all over the place. If you think it is just dumb then why don’t you own up to your poker buddies?
Are you ever capable of answering anything properly?
Because I enjoy the poker game but I don't control other people. I wouldn't be invited back again if I challenged the host's position. It's also his house and I am a respectful guest.

Also, I am answering your questions. The issue is you. You have trouble accepting answers that don't 100% agree with your position.

Because I enjoy the poker game but I don't control other people. I wouldn't be invited back again if I challenged the host's position. It's also his house and I am a respectful guest.

Also, I am answering your questions. The issue is you. You have trouble accepting answers that don't 100% agree with your position.
How can a person who values being a ‘respectful guest’, have any time at all for the most disrespectful of people-trump?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back