USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. Are you a Senator?

No the Repiblicans don't control the Senate so cannot block anything without the help of the Dems.
Did the Republicans block the border security bill. Yes or No.

You spend a hell of a lot of time on USA threads. So you should have an easy time answering the above.

Yes. If voting went along party lines it would have passed. The six Democrats were the reason it failed to pass.

Ah yes because who wants bipartisanship. Am I right?

Months of negotiations for nought.
Happy to put a few Democrats offside. In the effort of getting the others onside. Only for them to pull the rug out because Trump said not to vote in favour.

Would never have passed the House anyway. But this idea of Trump not being Pres but not having influence of any description on Immigration policy is disingenuous.

Ah yes because who wants bipartisanship. Am I right?

Months of negotiations for nought.
Happy to put a few Democrats offside. In the effort of getting the others onside. Only for them to pull the rug out because Trump said not to vote in favour.

Would never have passed the House anyway. But this idea of Trump not being Pres but not having influence of any description on Immigration policy is disingenuous.

You are blaming Trump for something that was defeated in the Senate by 6 Democrats siding with the GOP. Why are you not blaming them at all?

I need to check. You do understand that 51 is greater than 49?

You are blaming Trump for something that was defeated in the Senate by 6 Democrats siding with the GOP. Why are you not blaming them at all?

I think you'd find that the reason why the 6 Democrats voted no, was because the Senate Democrats had been working with Senate Republicans on a Bipartisan Bill. You know that idea of Democracy? I know some seem to have a real problem wrapping their head around it. Some would rather a "our way or the highway" mentality in politics, that sounds more like a dictatorship rather than a democracy. But i digress off track. The bill in question mind you was more conservative than the 6 dissenters were happy with. It was a means to perhaps get agreement on both sides of the aisle.

And after all that time when the bill was to be introduced. The Republicans backflipped because Trump asked for it.

So they would have been able to vote for it without the Republicans trying to stop them?
The irony is that the bill most likely wouldn't have been required at all if Biden didn't roll back Trump policies that were working on the border.

Easier to blame the GOP in year 4 when nothing was done to halt immigration in the first 3 years.

TBH this is exactly the sort of attitude that further radicalises people to one side or the other. I’ve posted extensively on this before.
What we actually need to do is speak our truth/reality in an understanding way and listen and accept that maybe we all have gaps in our thinking about socio political thinking that we cover with concrete thinking.

Saying trump is a liar and a cheat will radicalise people to what? Vote harder for him? Try and vote twice?

What you notice here is those who support trump basically never criticise him or his policies, while those whose are on the left routinely criticise the democrats and Harris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also paved the way to get a vaccine in record time that opened things up again.

A vaccine people like Harris said they wouldnt take if Trump told them to causing more vacvine hesitancy.

If this cllip isnt playing politics with people's lives I dont know what is.

It’s a shame the one good thing he did re getting the vaccine rolled out he gets booed at by his own supporters at rallies.

I can’t imagine the Biden administration stopping trucks to take their PPE so they can stockpile it, but ok.

What exactly is wrong with Biden’s administration? Sure there’s inflation but relative to the rest of the world, it’s quite a low number?

Stock market is at all time highs, crime, especially violent crime, is falling. These are all good things.

Immigration is a fair call but even then they tried to introduce a bill, it was Trump who tanked it.

I also don’t think tariffs are a good plan to tackle inflation, do you?

Domestically and generally Biden administration was really good and probably better than any other getting stuff done.

However they then cheerlead a genocide…

I mean Trump would and will do the same if it worse on that same issue, but it’s a permanent stain on Biden.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back