Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 62 25.2%
  • Total Shit Stain

Votes: 143 58.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 41 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate this club, and I don't mean the actual club, but the whole scene of the club, the peripherals and all. The idiotic gaslit facecookers who think Kane is wanting Ken sacked because after years of sucking him off, this time he kindly requested Ken should pull out and he doesn't want to swallow. I hate Kane being kinda smart and self aware and usually decent except for Port issues and also being a cowardly weasel who shoots down or blocks anyone that calls him out without fair debate. I hate Michelangelo Rucci. I hate Jarrod Walsh. I hate Charlie Dixon. I hate that I think he has a cool car, but then I hate what he done to the dash cluster and he should've left it stock. I hate I know this because I watch his videos. I hate the part where he pulls a face at someone with a Chev badge on a Holden because I actually think that's the best thing he's done. I hate that half the league is part of Ken's protection racket cause they played with him or coached with him or supported him growing up, and I hate that the other half has it in their interests to support him as they know his coaching is not a threat to their premiership aspirations. I hate David Koch and Chris Davies and the other Richo who isn't the likeable dude from Richmond. I hate too many of former players I idolised for doing jack shit about the club in it's current state, too many actively contributing to it. I hate that we made the right decision to go to China rather than go early on a woman's team, and I hate that it didn't work out for reasons out of our control. I hate our social media. I hate that when we've gone to wear an old guernsey recently we've completely cooked it, and I hate that we devalued our identity by bringing back Port Power. I hate making our community proud and putting club resources in to feel good initiatives rather than getting serious about football. I hate that I stopped being member which ironically now makes me more powerless to do anything about it, but I hate I had no choice left.

And I especially hate Jesse Eley this morning. I loathe him.

Last edited:

He did say we shouldn't be locked into Josh Carr already, but search the country for the best coach. And start at the top, don't limit yourself.

At least that made sense.

I think he knows Ken is done. It makes him cry, but he sees it coming.
I actually don't think he cares one way or the other, he's just stuck with it because having a take on Port is his niche in the Vic media pool. He started as a public Ken supporter because of his 300 and Chad and needed to run with it.
At this point anyone who watches Port more than half a dozen times a year knows that Ken is mentally impotent and just keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Kane would be aware he sucks, he's just keeping it up for the clicks and trying to look after his brothers job.
He'll probably never go at Ken, he'll just be quiet and remove himself from the discussion so his shit takes over the last few years aren't pointed out by his peers.
Watch him go at the next coach though at the earliest chance he gets

The ****wittery displayed by firstly Fagan’s comment that Ken’s record is extraordinary and then Tony Jones querying whether there’s an anti Vic thing going on after 12 years of coaching for no success.

Just say shit with no evidence. All good

It’s because they don’t care or pay attention to Port. Just go with the most superficial read possible, which is that the ferals have got it in for good old boy Kenny.

The ****wittery displayed by firstly Fagan’s comment that Ken’s record is extraordinary and then Tony Jones querying whether there’s an anti Vic thing going on after 12 years of coaching for no success.

"We don't hate you because you're Victorian"

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Oh yeah I really ****ing hate Josh the goose Jenkins for putting that idea in to everyone's heads!

He did say we shouldn't be locked into Josh Carr already, but search the country for the best coach. And start at the top, don't limit yourself.

At least that made sense.

I think he knows Ken is done. It makes him cry, but he sees it coming.
Yep, I watched the round so far last night and got the same impression. He actually made reasonable points bar the fickle supporters bit - he was deflecting for Kenny there. Kane knows that Kenny will go on his terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We don't hate you because you're Victorian"

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed, the so called anti Victorian crap from Port supporters has never really existed, and as pointed out many Vic born blokes became some of our favourite and most highly decorated players.

Many South Aussies over the years disliked the non stop BS our footy used to cop from Jack Dyer and Lou Richards, but that was more about them being patronising arseholes than it was about their state of birth.

Last edited:
Criticises everyone harshly but when it comes to Ken, he deflects and defends him. A huge a** kisser because Ken carried him to 300 games before he left to become a "fireman" and we all know how that turned out.

I’m so fickle that after we missed the finals two years running I flew half way around the world to watch us play a game against the god damn Gold Coast SUNS.

I also moved to Victoria for 5 years because I hate them so much I wanted to immerse myself in the blinding rage every day!

Yeah that he’s a Victorian commenting a ridiculous stretch. It’s actually offensive to our fan base maturity
People like Kornes, Rucci, Cassisi have played a big part in making us the club we are today. One that gaslights, lies to its fans and has no standards or integrity.

How fickle is he

fancy missing a GF reunion for a radio gig, he couldn’t have missed the days footy..

Says a lot about him, not sure anybody would have been texting him to get there.

Probably knew he’d get booed when announced.
He knows most of his former team mates despise him and consider him a w***er of the highest order!

People need to listen to the first minute of that Kane clip. Says he has always praised Ken because he believed he always got the most out of the players with maximum effort. Then he goes to highlight every non-effort from yesterday's game. He's literally telling us all that Ken is losing the team.

Forget the fickle comment. Kane is a shock jock, but even he is starting to see the writing on the wall.

The Club will make the decision on Ken, but I have little doubt that it will be labelled as a mutual parting of ways to preserve Ken's integrity. I couldn't care less how the optics look in the end, I'll be the first one down at the Precinct having a celebratory beer with RussellEbertHandball, Enviable Tradition among others the very day he's sacked.

Agreed, the so called anti Victorian crap from Port supporters has never really existed, and as pointed out many Vic born blokes became some of our favourite and most highly decorated players.

Many South Aussies over the years disliked the non stop BS our footy used to cop from Jack Dyer and Lou Richards, but that was more about them being patronising arseholes than it was about their state of birth.

Remember when Richard Foster and Paul Rizonico were selling Kick a Vic t-shirts. Both recruited by Port from Victoria (although Rizza was born in SA).

Shows how seriously we took the anti-Victorian nonsense. I hated the other sanfl clubs, not Victorians.

Remember when Richard Foster and Paul Rizonico were selling Kick a Vic t-shirts. Both recruited by Port from Victoria (although Rizza was born in SA).

Shows how seriously we took the anti-Victorian nonsense. I hated the other sanfl clubs, not Victorians.
The first time I came across `Kick a Vic' was at a state game at footy park in the mid to late 80's when it was printed on a sign being held up (possibly by cheer squad members) at the West lakes Boulevard end left forward pocket.

The same message could be seen in a similar spot and possibly held up by the same people in crow's games when they came into the comp, and that's when the term really took off.

I can't recall Foster and Rizonico selling t-shirts with that message, but they obviously did it as a piss take for the glenelg types, so good on them. :)

Russell Johnston, Bomber Clifford, Tony Malakellis, Anthony Darcy, Brian Leys - all made to feel unwelcome by those bigoted Port Radelaide South Awstrayians.

Last edited:
Only in SA could the Cornes family be a thing. A friend of mine from Sydney was always greatly amused by the profile and notoriety of Grahm Cornes in this town whenever he was in Adelaide. Turn on the television, there was Graham Cornes reading the sport news. Open the Sunday Mail, there's a lift-out full of Graham Cornes used car ads. One day we were driving down ANZAC Highway, and my friend laughs out loud as we're driving past Le Cornu...."what's that?"...he asks me. "Is that Graham Cornes' French furniture factory?"...

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Back