kane johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by ok.crows
That is lame. You end up agreeing with what I said all along

You have stated on numerous occasions that Carey is worth no more than a first round draft pick. By this I presume you mean that Carey is not worth more than any of pick numbers 1-5 or any of pick numbers 6-17. As I have stated on a number of occasions I don't agree that Carey is worth no more than any one of the latter 12 picks of the first round. Can I make this any clearer to you?

and still it is somehow my fault?

Whats fault's got to do with it. We disagree on this issue, one or both of us will be proven wrong in the near future.

Moomba

Originally posted by Macca19

Its not difficult to understand what he is saying.

#4 pick is distinctly better than the #14 pick.

Yes, I know that, and have had no problem all along with that.

What I said though was "a frist round pick for Carey".

"A first round pick" is a draft pick in the first round, as they go through the 16 clubs for the first time, following the {edit here} priority picks.

I can't think of any other possible interpretation, can you?

So "a first round pick" refers to one pick somewhere within a range.

Surely it is not difficult to understand that, either.

Moomba eventually settled on pick #4 as acceptable ... which is a first round pick, just as I said.

What was all the moaning about?

What was all that crap from North fans about wanting two first round picks (or similar)?

Yes, I know that, and have had no problem all along with that.

What I said though was "a frist round pick for Carey".

"A first round pick" is a draft pick in the first round, as they go through the 16 clubs for the first time, following the draft picks.

I can't think of any other possible interpretation, can you?

So "a first round pick" refers to one pick somewhere within a range.

Surely it is not difficult to understand that, either.

Moomba eventually settled on pick #4 as acceptable ... which is a first round pick, just as I said.

What was all that crap from North fans about wanting two first round picks (or similar)?

Considering you and other Crows fans have said about 40 times that youd be dissapointed in Adelaide if they give up any more than their #14 then im sure he interpreted it as you saying 'a first round draf pick which would most likely be #14'.

Aren't Richmond very tight with the salary cap.I thought thats why they told Torney to look elsewhere wasn't it.:confused:

Would you consider pick number 16 a first round draft pick.

If so, you say that Carey is worth no more than that pick, I say he is worth more than that pick. There you go, that is where we differ and we can repeat the exercise for pick 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6. Thank you, have a nice day.

We are trying out this new thing at Arden St at the moment. It's called having our own opinions, it seems to be working really well at the moment. We do have the odd disagreement so might have to look at running a trial over the next season before deciding whether to make it permanent or not.

Moomba

Originally posted by moomba

You have stated on numerous occasions that Carey is worth no more than a first round draft pick. By this I presume you mean that Carey is not worth more than any of pick numbers 1-5 or any of pick numbers 6-17.

You presume wrong. I mean Careys value in trade is IMO the equivalent of a single draft pick ranked somewhere within the first round of draft picks.

As I have stated on a number of occasions I don't agree that Carey is worth no more than any one of the latter 12 picks of the first round.

Fine. That is compatible with my position, as it has been from the satrt. Why argue then?

Can I make this any clearer to you?

No, you have finally come clean on what your position is. I have not changed my position from the start, and it is even compatible with your position. Can I make this any clearer to you?

Whats fault's got to do with it. We disagree on this issue, one or both of us will be proven wrong in the near future.

Moomba

Sigh! Why do you say this? If Carey is traded for say pick #4, neither of us will have been wrong.

Originally posted by Macca19

Considering you and other Crows fans have said about 40 times that youd be dissapointed in Adelaide if they give up any more than their #14 then im sure he interpreted it as you saying 'a first round draf pick which would most likely be #14'.

Where did I post that?

I would like Adelaide to get away with trading Carey for their #14 pick, but I wouldn't have said it was likely. I certainly can't recall saying anything about being "disappointed" if it cost Crows more than pick #14, although I do think pick #4 is too rich, and have said so.

You presume wrong. I mean Careys value in trade is IMO the equivalent of a single draft pick ranked somewhere within the first round of draft picks.

And I say he is worth more than a single draft pick ranked somewhere within the first round of draft picks unless that ranking is in the first five.

Fine. That is compatible with my position, as it has been from the satrt. Why argue then?

As described above this is not comparable.

No, you have finally come clean on what your position is. I have not changed my position from the start, and it is even compatible with your position. Can I make this any clearer to you?

My position is irrelevant. My points of debate with you for the bulk of this rubbish have been:
- Careys value is not comparable to Rehn of two years ago. You argue that it is.
- Norths official position on the trade is a number 1 pick in the draft plus something else. You have argued that Norths position is no more than just a first round draft pick.

Sigh! Why do you say this? If Carey is traded for say pick #4, neither of us will have been wrong.

You say first round, I say first five picks. If you don't think there is a difference between the two, then I am sure I will just have to cope with that.

Last time I plan on having the last word.

Moomba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by King Crow
Roo Boy, there is a problem, you wont be getting Kane Johnson.

And....

You arent in touch with modern day football if you think Adelaide are going to give up twin top 10 picks for Wayne Carey

never said two top 10 picks... #4 and #14 would make me happy...

and if you think that Kane wont be part of the Carey deal... you arent in touch with modern day football... or reality for that matter..

BTW you don't have two top ten picks to trade...

But seriously after some horse trading with Dave... this is my final offer...

Blakey... Bourke... Lange... Clayton... Abraham... McLaren... Martyn... and Cochrane (6 premiership medals in that lot...)

for Kane...

and for us Roo fans it frees up some list space...

Remove this Banner Ad

kane johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back