Kangaroos List V BuLLDogs List

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our list is better in the short term.

Cooney is going to be a very important player this year. He alone would have me picking the Dogs over the Roos.

The Roos have lost a few leaders of late where as the Dogs haven't lost any leadership and gained a great Leader in Eade!

Interesting question and no doubt the North boys will come out swinging........

I reckon we do.

Better goal to goal. Better young talls. I have always thought their kids are overhyped.

They have a far more consistent and more talanted group of established stars than we do, but they are getting on and are still consistently their best players. Their ageing will effect them more than bit part veterans leaving us IMHO.

NorthBhoy said:
I reckon we do.

Better goal to goal. Better young talls. I have always thought their kids are overhyped.

They have a far more consistent and more talanted group of established stars than we do, but they are getting on and are still consistently their best players. Their ageing will effect them more than bit part veterans leaving us IMHO.

I actually thought that in both our games last season.....

Cooney actually ripped you guys apart last season, round 21. No hype there mate!

By Bit Part Veterans leaving you guys....I guess you mean Anthony Stevens?

NorthBhoy said:
I reckon we do.

King and Stevens "bit part" veterans? Don't know about that.

North has the better young talls.
Dogs have the better mediums and smalls.
Dogs have the better older players.

North currently have the better list because they win more games than the Dogs including a 15 goal v the premiers.

Dogs beat the Roos twice in 2004.

Who has the best list for 2005? We will know soon enough.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

Cooney actually ripped you guys apart last season, round 21. No hype there mate!

Lost solid leaders in Stevens, King....

Probably the dogs do....but North get's more out of theirs.

Roonaldo! said:
I'm so sick of my club being compared with the nulldogs, we always finish higher than them and by a lot too.

Bulldogs suck our 4 premierships.

Another example of good input from the Roo's.

Gee they breed them intelligently down at Arden St.

Why don't you just stick with soccer?

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

Yeah, the 40 point lead and brain exploision. The last game was a disgrace. Cost us a finals spot. Cooney was good. Played on Wells who got Brownlow votes.

Sadly, Stevo was a bit part at best for most of the year. King was pretty good, but we have the HBF's in spades who will replace him. What we lost in leadership is the thing we will have to wait and see on.

In this thread, I was sure that it would be North fans getting upset that our list has been compared to the team that has been absolute trash for two years, not the other way around.

Very happy to wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

Croft did more damage than Cooney :(

;)

Ipaidmy200in89 said:

Pretty much - was coming off the bench for most of the season and we all knew that 2004 was his last season by about round 10.

Can't really give and accurate judgement on this comparision because I don't know the Bulldogs list well enough.

I would say our list was the stronger if only that people keep on bringing up that the doggies beat us last year twice and laugh a lot. Obviously people don't think its a big deal that Brisbane beat us twice as well

Roonaldo! said:
I'm so sick of my club being compared with the nulldogs, we always finish higher than them and by a lot too.

Bulldogs suck our 4 premierships.

Thanks for your input. Maybe you can start a thread comparing your list to the Bombers and you can suck 16 of them.

The lists are fairly even although courtesy of our lowly finishes over the last three years the Dogs have slightly more quality younger players coming through.
The Roos have done a very good job with their recruiting considering they haven't landed as many early picks in the draft.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
Another example of good input from the Roo's.

Gee they breed them intelligently down at Arden St.

Why don't you just stick with soccer?

Not necessarily bad input though. All he is saying is that over the last 15 years the doggies haven't placed higher than us on the ladder very often. I think the Doggies were ahead of us on the ladder in 2001. Wouldn't be too many other times since the AFL came about.

2005 should be a good indication with Laidley most likely coaching for his contract renewal and Eade trying to turn the dogs around

Ausgard said:
2005 should be a good indication with Laidley most likely coaching for his contract renewal and Eade trying to turn the dogs around
I really respect what North have been able to achieve and still use their 'success' as the measuring stick for the Dogs each season.
Already looking forward to the Dogs vs Roos this year.

NorthBhoy said:
Cooney was good. Played on Wells who got Brownlow votes.

We were not at the same game I guess.

Cooney had 25 p's and Wells had 22 P's (most in junk time when the game was lost) I guess we'd agree that the Umpires get it wrong from time to time.

You are right....it is a game and wait and see.

OldSchool said:
The lists are fairly even although courtesy of our lowly finishes over the last three years the Dogs have slightly more quality younger players coming through.

Of those picks (ie, the ones we haven't had because we have finished higher) who gives you the edge in your opinion?

We have had one, so lets say Wells cancels out Cooney.

Ray...? Dave Trotter would have played games with you guys last year.

Griffen? Haven't seen him, but is he HEAPS better than Jesse Smith (again, haven't seen either)..?

Walsh I have seen, and you stuffed it right up.

Very, very risky pick in Williams. Personally, this would have ********ed me off.

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
Can you map out your reasons a little more comprehensively?

OK, but I'm going to use your mapping techniques.
I'm a DH from Qld with my hand on my old fella.

I think that was how you argued your point on another thread,
blurting out a heap of gabage without any reasoning of your own !!

NorthBhoy said:
Of those picks (ie, the ones we haven't had because we have finished higher) who gives you the edge in your opinion?

Griffen? Haven't seen him, but is he HEAPS better than Jesse Smith (again, haven't seen either)..?

Very, very risky pick in Williams. Personally, this would have ********ed me off.

Cooney and Wells can't cancel each out. they are different players and will be different players. One will always be light framed outside player while Cooney will play a tougher burst through brand of footy in the Chris Judd mould.

Trotter would not have played any more games with us than he did with you guys.....Ray is extremely talented. More than happy to line him up against Trotter.

Griffen will play round one. I am sure Smith will be very handy as well but not the same bulk on his frame just at the minute.

Walsh is either a slow developer or a dud like his OLD MAN! You tell me which it is.

Lets talk after round 11. Put it in your yearly planner to send me a PM to discuss.

NorthBhoy said:

Good question and Wells and Cooney are going to be very excitiing players for years to come for each team.
Trotter was an excellent selection as was Hale, didn't think so at the time, and McIntosh. The Roos have been able to add some good talls that have still got a lot of improvement in them. They have also done very well with Urch, Shore, Grima and Sansbury looks like a good player. Jesse Smith is also a star of the future.

I cant agree with you about Walsh who's first season was wrecked with injury, he needs this season before anyone should write him off.
I'm very confident in the young list we have been able to put together.
Power, is ready for a big season as is McMahon. Birss and Cross add a fair bit to the list as does Harris. Walsh, Faulkner, Minson, B Murphy and Wight all from the 2002 draft are now ready to contribute and on top of that we have Cooney, Ray, Griffen, Williams and Wells from the last 2 drafts.
There is a good balance of talls and midfielders so I'm very happy that the balance is about right.

The real success about the Roo's list has been their ability to trade for established players and get the most out of them. Rocca, Brown, Colbert and now Thompson have been great selections but generally you have lost a few early picks in the mix which is why I rate the Doggies youngsters slightly ahead.

MickZu said:
OK, but I'm going to use your mapping techniques.
I'm a DH from Qld with my hand on my old fella.

I think that was how you argued your point on another thread,
blurting out a heap of gabage without any reasoning of your own !!

Southport coming into the AFL? Gee where do I start.

Where is the commercial Business Plan?

What level of Sponsorship can they attract from Industry on the Gold Coast?

What membership base could they attract?

Many many reasons why it is not an attractive option. It did not suceed before on the Gold Coast. Why will it now?

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
Southport coming into the AFL? Gee where do I start.

Where is the commercial Business Plan?

What level of Sponsorship can they attract from Industry on the Gold Coast?

What membership base could they attract?

Many many reasons why it is not an attractive option. It did not suceed before on the Gold Coast. Why will it now?
I think it's a reasonably viable option. They have a business plan and would do OK with sponsors and I think they could get 20,000 members within a few years. I'm not sure of the charter of the club but the Pokies could be a big contributor.
Just because it failed in the past doesn't mean it would fail in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos List V BuLLDogs List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back