Kangaroos to be a force in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kangaroos had an average age of 26 years and 11 months and 135 games for the Adelaide debacle.

That's one hell of an experienced outfit to get belted that way. It would go close to the oldest game day side ever.

With the age bracket of the side anything less than a flag is a disaster. I reckon they are closer to a complete rebuild than a flag. I think you may see a slew of retirements after the half way mark of the year.

I strongly agree with the highlighted.

For people saying "this is only one game", they need to look at the posts being quoted.

North fans were not saying they are a finals chance, they were saying they were top four MINIMUM and they are a key grand final contender

Yesterday resembled nothing like that

Now people will say "but Sydney lost to GWS", but Sydney had form before and after that game to show they were the real deal. This kind of implosion is not uncommon with North however, who can be champs one weekend and losers the next. If North want to be legitimately seen as a contender, they need to break that pattern. Yesterday showed nothing to support that notion

North are obviously a better side than shown yesterday. The worrying thing is that playing the first game of the year like that can set the tone for the season.

It wasn't lack of talent that beat them though, it was lack of effort. The crows just wanted the ball and wanted to play hard at least 50% more than their counterparts.

I think they will bounce back but it will be hard to win a premiership with a playing attitude like that.

Unsure where your going with this MH

"North's best is unbeatable"

"It takes a team to be mentally on as a 22 to knock us off"

I wouldn't have said those statements about my own team at any stage over the last 7 years and we've won 3 flags, but each to their own

Do you still stand by the statements?

For people saying "this is only one game", they need to look at the posts being quoted.

NORF fans were not saying they are a finals chance, they were saying they were top four MINIMUM and they are a key grand final contender

Yesterday resembled nothing like that

Now people will say "but Sydney lost to GWS", but Sydney had form before and after that game to show they were the real deal. This kind of implosion is not uncommon with Norf however, who can be champs one weekend and losers the next. If Norf want to be legitimately seen as a contender, they need to break that pattern. Yesterday showed nothing to support that notion
Oh well, still better than supporting the Tigers over the time of existence.

Whatever you were trying to say is true, I think..

The buck does stop with Scott and his stupidity.

Like a victim walking the night street. Making eye contact with everything that moves Scott approaches his round 1 ambush.

Instead of just walking through confidently , ol brad overloads the opposition with confidence by loading up with as much stodge spud as possible.

But enough of Scott, he is what he is. A 'B' grade coach and an A grade mouth piece, (Excuses aside).

Swallow as leader, needs to stick his head in a bucket of ice. Literally.

As bad as it is having a captain called Swallow... He's a captain through actions. Even then he's not a good user of the ball and is semi reliant on free kicks.. Like thompson and Thomas. Not a good example and hardly bullet proof.

This group need a strong leader, by actions and by voice. They don't have one, that is why the responsibility is on Scott to see this and ensure the side doesn't play like the Bastinac of the Afl.

Scott just doesn't get, see the big picture and assumes over preparation to detail and job security of his players will magically turn into a pop up parade.

Coach is asleep at the wheel and has no idea of basic psychology behind his leadership groups failures and the term proactive isn't in Brads dictionary.

Yesterday showed up just how much they needed quality tall back-men and I guess North were aware of that having taken Durdin with their first pick last year along with another couple of backs, via the draft.

Speed and stamina though are something all sides will be after more and more.
With Wells just waltzing around the ground and Harvey starting to work closer to his age at 37, outside speed is something they haven't really addressed at all.
One can call Atley but that's just not enough.

I think that there's a few teams that have topped up on the dour ball-winning midfielders at the expense of line-breaking speedsters.
They seem to be harder to come about than your premium FF these days.

when North throw in the towel they really throw in the towel.

Pffft! Already forgotten the Cats humiliating loss to the Swans in Sydney already last year? *facepalm*

Oh well, still better than supporting the Tigers over the time of existence.

Whatever you were trying to say is true, I think..

The buck does stop with Scott and his stupidity.

Like a victim walking the night street. Making eye contact with everything that moves Scott approaches his round 1 ambush.

Instead of just walking through confidently , ol brad overloads the opposition with confidence by loading up with as much stodge spud as possible.

But enough of Scott, he is what he is. A 'B' grade coach and an A grade mouth piece, (Excuses aside).

Swallow as leader, needs to stick his head in a bucket of ice. Literally.

As bad as it is having a captain called Swallow... He's a captain through actions. Even then he's not a good user of the ball and is semi reliant on free kicks.. Like thompson and Thomas. Not a good example and hardly bullet proof.

This group need a strong leader, by actions and by voice. They don't have one, that is why the responsibility is on Scott to see this and ensure the side doesn't play like the Bastinac of the Afl.

Scott just doesn't get, see the big picture and assumes over preparation to detail and job security of his players will magically turn into a pop up parade.

Coach is asleep at the wheel and has no idea of basic psychology behind his leadership groups failures and the term proactive isn't in Brads dictionary.

Not sure why you have brought the Tigers into it. Only the most uber fans on our board even think they are remotely a chance of top four. Most have us on the border group of getting into the top eight, and aiming to win a final.

No talk about being a lock for top four, no talk about us being certain gf contenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a very good chance North will miss the finals this year.

Bookmarked and will challenge you you to a bet... if you're willing. North will still finish above your mob.

Adelaide on their turf is never an easy win but one a top four contender should pencil in. The fact North lost so badly is a setback but not a fatal one, but they cant afford too many more.

One can certainly see why they traded Greenwood. The midfield is loaded with big bodied plodders and they really had a surplus of inside mids and a deficifiency in class and run.

Adelaide were white hot in that second quarter. At times it looked like a training day match simulation exercise. North were not good but probably a little unlucky to cop the Crows first up at AO in that mood. I have considered Adelaide a much more talented side than their results over the past couple of years and with a fit Walker,Jacobs, Dangerfield and a hard nosed no nonsense coach look ready to challenge the top four. The most disappointing part of Norths effort yesterday was their inability to prevent the blowout in the last quarter. They had done really well to fight back in the third and were entitled to walk away with some credit but let themselves and their fans down terribly. They are much netter than that and I would expect some rebound to come but the thought that they are a little light on for elite players does continue to linger.

The Kangaroos had an average age of 26 years and 11 months and 135 games for the Adelaide debacle.

That's one hell of an experienced outfit to get belted that way. It would go close to the oldest game day side ever.

With the age bracket of the side anything less than a flag is a disaster. I reckon they are closer to a completer rebuild than a flag. I think you may see a slew of retirements after the half way mark of the year.
Same rubbish was posted this time last year.

Maybe we didn't play enough practice matches - that seems like the going excuse for a poor performance.

Same rubbish was posted this time last year.

Maybe we didn't play enough practice matches - that seems like the going excuse for a poor performance.

Year older this year and youve brought Waite to the club. The age factor is definitely an issue, especially Wells and Harvey, two of your very few creative types.

Talk about an over reaction to one game.

Interstate against a HOT Crows outfit who came out to play and more focused. Every team has losses like this where you get totally outplayed but sometimes junk time scoring can sway the true result fudging the margin somewhat, North will be fine this season and still pushing for Top 4 but i see them around the 4-6 mark on the ladder come seasons end.

Classic BF after 1 game of the season. :rolleyes:

Top 4 teams rarely get beaten like that.

With the amount of important 30+ year olds on their list they'd want to win a premiership pretty soon. Won't happen.

Look thru history pal and you'll be shocked how often teams cop a spanking. Richmond have given the Hawks in recent seasons a nice 10 goal touch up. Crows under Phil Walsh are better drilled / prepared than Sando who underachieved.

Meanwhile.. two back to back CAPITULATIONS for your mob... not much to brag about?? So sticking it to North is plan B. *eye roll*

"North's best is unbeatable"

"It takes a team to be mentally on as a 22 to knock us off"

I wouldn't have said those statements about my own team at any stage over the last 7 years and we've won 3 flags, but each to their own

Do you still stand by the statements?
I checked out their board Saturday and yesterday. There is a complete lack of humility amongst many NM fans.

One bloke was still so smug to say they'd be looking down the ladder at adelaide by the end of the season. Perhaps they will, perhaps not. But not the sort of comment to roll out when you've just been flogged by 13 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos to be a force in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back