Kangaroos to be a force in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd probably also give North a tiny bit of credit in that they were coming up against a side with a new coach who has plenty of experience and been praised as being tactically astute. I'm sure going up against an opposition where there isn't a ton of footage of their game style and their tactical approach to the game makes it a bit difficult to prepare for. I'm sure Walsh didn't completely play his hand in the pre-season games so he'd still have a few aces up his sleeves to surprise the teams we play in the first few rounds of the year.

But yea, try not to get too much of a over-reaction to 1 game. This time next month you could see North at 3-1 and the Crows at 1-3 and then everybody has forgotten this game ever happened.

North will be fine I reckon....

...when they delist Joel Tippett.

Look thru history pal and you'll be shocked how often teams cop a spanking. Richmond have given the Hawks in recent seasons a nice 10 goal touch up. Crows under Phil Walsh are better drilled / prepared than Sando who underachieved.

Meanwhile.. two back to back CAPITULATIONS for your mob... not much to brag about?? So sticking it to North is plan B. *eye roll*
We know Hawthorn, and Geelong, and Sydney can get the job done. They are proven performers, so a once in a blue moon bad performance doesn't really do much to change perception. North Melbourne still have a lot to prove. And the clock is ticking on important players like Harvey, Wells, Petrie, Dal Santo and Waite.

I think North will still be top 6 but they're not up there with the big boys yet.

This is a thread discussing North Melbourne and I'm doing that.

We know Hawthorn, and Geelong, and Sydney can get the job done. They are proven performers, so a once in a blue moon bad performance doesn't really do much to change perception. North Melbourne still have a lot to prove. And the clock is ticking on important players like Harvey, Wells, Petrie, Dal Santo and Waite.

This is a thread discussing North Melbourne and I'm doing that.

We welcome the kind reminders. And yet anything less than a GF appearance is a fail. That's why we're thinking we're better than this. Look fwd to the bounce back hard in the coming weeks.

To many front runners IMO

the Prelim against Sydney and yesterdays game tells me they struggle against good contested ball teams who refuse them time and space

there also seems to be no plan B from Scott who yesterday got pants by Phil Walsh

We welcome the kind reminders. And yet anything less than a GF appearance is a fail. That's why we're thinking we're better than this. Look fwd to the bounce back hard in the coming weeks.
I would have thought that claiming anything less than GF appearance as a fail is a bit of a stretch. With Norths defensive deficiencies and the lack of a proven, reliable power forward they will do well to hold ground from last year. Given reasonable runs with injury only Hawthorn,Port and Sydney are entitled to consider missing the GF a fail in my opinion. North, like Freo,Geelong and perhaps Adelaide are all capable of getting there if things go right but it would be a huge effort.

Spoken like a typical eagle fan who cant name half their own team? or as one who might know how hard we fought.... even given we are one of the oldest afl teams

lol i know my own team.

I watched your game.

Sounds like some bad list management.

Look thru history pal and you'll be shocked how often teams cop a spanking. Richmond have given the Hawks in recent seasons a nice 10 goal touch up. Crows under Phil Walsh are better drilled / prepared than Sando who underachieved.

Meanwhile.. two back to back CAPITULATIONS for your mob... not much to brag about?? So sticking it to North is plan B. *eye roll*

How about stop attacking everyone's club who contributes here? Such a ####ing lame, childish thing to do over and over and more than anything else shows you have no where to go in the argument. North have ability but for such an experienced side are far too inconsistent week to week. Yes great/elite sides put in stinking displays time to time but no where as often as North which is what makes them better sides and North just above average at this stage.

Oh well, still better than supporting the Tigers over the time of existence.

Whatever you were trying to say is true, I think..

The buck does stop with Scott and his stupidity.

Like a victim walking the night street. Making eye contact with everything that moves Scott approaches his round 1 ambush.

Instead of just walking through confidently , ol brad overloads the opposition with confidence by loading up with as much stodge spud as possible.

But enough of Scott, he is what he is. A 'B' grade coach and an A grade mouth piece, (Excuses aside).

Swallow as leader, needs to stick his head in a bucket of ice. Literally.

As bad as it is having a captain called Swallow... He's a captain through actions. Even then he's not a good user of the ball and is semi reliant on free kicks.. Like thompson and Thomas. Not a good example and hardly bullet proof.

This group need a strong leader, by actions and by voice. They don't have one, that is why the responsibility is on Scott to see this and ensure the side doesn't play like the Bastinac of the Afl.

Scott just doesn't get, see the big picture and assumes over preparation to detail and job security of his players will magically turn into a pop up parade.

Coach is asleep at the wheel and has no idea of basic psychology behind his leadership groups failures and the term proactive isn't in Brads dictionary.

I dont know about that - ive seen 5 Richmond premierships and 4 Nth Melbourne premierships - and Premierships are the name of the game - anything else doesnt count- getting close and missing out are worthless - just ask the Saints and Bulldogs supporters- and Geelong supporters of the late 80s early 90s

I reckon they will bounce back, but you very rarely see those sorts of performances from premiership contenders, they have produced to insipid 70+ points losses in there last two matches.

I checked out their board Saturday and yesterday. There is a complete lack of humility amongst many NM fans.

One bloke was still so smug to say they'd be looking down the ladder at adelaide by the end of the season. Perhaps they will, perhaps not. But not the sort of comment to roll out when you've just been flogged by 13 goals.
Not gonna lie, the attitude of some of the Kangas fans was pretty ridiculous going into this one, I was at AO last year and the crows absolutely dominated us, so personally I don't see how everyone was putting them down so much. So apologies for that.

However the overreaction to this game is pretty crazy, as I see it as a bit of a perfect storm for Adelaide, which we should improve from. Not trying to make excuses, but the Crows have been an underperforming team for a couple of years, the talent has always been there just haven't turned it on like they did yesterday. They also have a new coach, new gamestyle, pretty much a new lease on life, which was always gonna be hard to plan against in round 1. They also have one of the premier power forwards, which is especially something we struggle against (see Hawkins last year).

Again, not making any excuses, a top 4 side doesn't get beaten like that, and we need to go away and make changes to right the ship. However, I haven't seen much else this round to suggest any team bar Hawthorn would've been anywhere near the Crows yesterday.

For people saying "this is only one game", they need to look at the posts being quoted.

North fans were not saying they are a finals chance, they were saying they were top four MINIMUM and they are a key grand final contender

Yesterday resembled nothing like that

Now people will say "but Sydney lost to GWS", but Sydney had form before and after that game to show they were the real deal. This kind of implosion is not uncommon with North however, who can be champs one weekend and losers the next. If North want to be legitimately seen as a contender, they need to break that pattern. Yesterday showed nothing to support that notion
Every team have supporters that over rate their team. Go to the ladder thread and see him many tiger supporters put Richmond in the top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our biggest problem by far is having no backline. Our talls are good, but they aren't tall and our smalls are good at attacking but they can't defend.

Hanson and Grima are our 2nd and 3rd best defenders. They will make a difference.

Of course they will, but Grima is gone for the season isn't he? Or at least for a big part of it. Hansen is more reliable, and he's the only one of the three that eclipses 193cm.

Not sure why you have brought the Tigers into it. Only the most uber fans on our board even think they are remotely a chance of top four. Most have us on the border group of getting into the top eight, and aiming to win a final.

No talk about being a lock for top four, no talk about us being certain gf contenders
I have not seen our posters call us a lock for top 4.

hahaha Norf.
I haven't seen the press conference but I can guess.
Brad Scott says something like 'This is an unacceptable performance. I am going to keep turning over players until I find players prepared to play the standards required by the North Melbourne Football club.... crap crap crap...'
Or something along those lines?

Then when they win a game (versus an ordinary team) their fans will be all :
'We are a big club. We are a contender. Why aren't we taken seriously. So and so is elite .. crap crap crap...'

bahahahahaha - so swallow came out with it instead of Scott - they must know Scott cant be taken seriously anymore and is a laughing stock

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-06/roos-swallow-bitter-pill
"It wasn't good enough, it's not acceptable and now we have to look forward and try and rebound from this and hopefully get a win on the board next week."

The Roos lost the contested ball count 115-142, which Swallow said was the worst result in a long time.

Despite the discrepancy and the fact the Roos conceded 10 unanswered goals in the first half, he said he still believed the team was capable of standing up against the main contenders.

"We beat those good sides last year. We're comfortable that we can still perform and play some really good footy - we've just got to rebound from this now," he said.

"We'll just go and have a good look and just put it on a few blokes who aren't doing what we want.

"It's a long year, we've got plenty of time to rectify it and try to get our season back on track.

"If we get a change in mindset I'm sure we'll be able to turn it around pretty quickly."

If North don't have a big year in 2015/16 (which IMO they wont) they will have invested heavily for no return. They really need to get more young talent coming through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos to be a force in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back