Kath and Kim?

Remove this Banner Ad

GOALden Hawk said:
The person who thought that would be a good idea should be publicly flogged as the pre-match entertainment next year.

Now that would be entertaining.

Having said that I didnt think Kath and Kim were too bad. It could have been worse they might have had Guy Sebastion singing the national anthem, oh hang on...

I think I would have preferred a 45 year old Helen D'Amico streaking, instead of Kath & Kim. Even as a 5 year old, Helen made an impression on me. I'm not sure what impression she'd make now, but she'd still be better than Kath & Kim. They were terrible!

What half wit would even remotely think that they were entertaining. Oh, that's right Adrian Anderson is on the AFL payroll isn't he ???

I would have preferred Adrian's brother Angry instead!

they should have had Damir & My Three Sons follow up from the Footy Show on Thursday nite with a Wiggly performance..................

Hot Potato Hot Potato! :D

Tinker said:
Am I the only person who thinks kath and kim are so NOT funny and their humour is SO 1980s (where it should stay??)......ugh....
After 7 pages of people ferociously bagging them you ask "Am I the only person" etc.
I was at the game and I thought that it was a bit of fun and I liked the dancers and thought that the band did well.
Was that Angry Andersons batmobile, the one he used at Waverley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fireman said:
hahahaha 2 interstate temas in the GF, the Pre match entertainment was fitting, wouldn't see that garbage if they were Vic sides. :p QUOTE]

Hurry out to but 'The Winning Streak' won't you 'ol Firey.

Maybe it was the beer but I got a cheap laugh out of Kath & Kim, which is unusual because I don't find them particularly funny.

Good to see the Batmobile make a return appearance.

1. Pre-game entertainment is always rubbish that fills in time while you wait for the real entertainment - THE GAME.

2. Last GF I went to, in 1999, I got to my seat in time to see the players run through the banner. I didn't find out about the dumb spaceman and the rest until I watched the tape later, and that was fine by me.

3. If I'm at home on GF day I start watching at 2.30, that way I make the most of the day and just join in when things get interesting. It's not that tricky, really. This year I again missed the whole embarrassing spectacle.

4. I have gone to two GFs as a corporate guest and you just eat and drink and chat - no need for the elaborate entertainment for that crowd, just any kind of noise and activity as background.

I don't mind Kath and Kim, and I don't think much of Guy, but that's not the point. They could have my favourite entertainers in the world laid end-to-end and I would still be yelling "get off!" - on that day, for that crowd, it's all a big waste of time and money.

SaveFeriss said:
AFL should get someone like Jet or Led Zeppelin next year... Have no-one associated to Theatre People whatsoever!

Even a Matty Lloyd speech would be better:eek:

A bit hard to get back Led Zepplin when one of them is dead.

Yianni said:
OK, I will start by saying that I didn't actually see the pre-match entertainment as they didn't broadcast it over here in England.

But my brother was one of those "****ter dancers" as you say. I think you should lay off them personally. It's not like they told them to go up there and do whatever they wanted. It was a choreographed dance. Maybe your problem is with the choreographer?

Personally I was happy for my brother that he got to dance (which is what he does professionally) in front of 80,000 people. That said I think the best pre-match would be if they brought back the curtain raisers. What better entertainment than football?

But still, lay off the dancers. They're just doing their job. If your favourite player gets sidelined by the coaches gameplan, it's not their fault. Same thing.

Yianni, speaking for myself, I never was having a go at the dancers. What you said is true about the choreographer, and you will find about a dozen references to why I hate Theatre People since saturday on this board.

I dont blame the dancers, they grabbed a fantatstic opportunity and good on em.

But the dancing and choreographing were to me beyond shizenhousen, it was a bloody disgrace.. and makes me wonder if...Hmm whats his name.. YES.. Keith Dunstan from the Anti-Football League didnt actually have something to do with it.

It would be like me pullin out my old fella and getting my Mrs to demonstrate how mouths are not just for food, drink, and talking... as Pre Match entertainment for the local Under 9's

Totally inappropriate, and Like the GF entertainment, those responsible should be thrown in jail..

(Im not a sadist like some here, I dont believe they deserve electritution.... But I also havent dared to watch the replay yet either..)

morphous said:
A bit hard to get back Led Zepplin when one of them is dead.

Someone should've told AC/DC, Pink Floyd, INXS, The Rolling Stones that you cannot continue play as a band if one of your members die.

Or would you like me to find maybe a couple of 'bigger bands' as examples ;)

To borrow a line from another Aussie 'entertainer' -

Kath and Kim - "how embarrassment"

They were shocking, and I think its that same production company who do the entertainment every year and they keep getting the gig. Is there nobody else in the country who can do it other than the current mob? (I think Kerrie Hayes).

I love Kath and Kim, but even I thought they were ridiculous in the pre-match. What were characters on an ABC show doing on a Channel 10 program anyway.

Bring back Angry Anderson
Bring back Helen (and I wasn't even born when she made an appearance).

Remove this Banner Ad

Kath and Kim?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back