Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, I may have made some noise as being a kayo sports hater.. But that's only based on what I'm seeing. And alternative sports streaming options that I consider better. Or on par with this streaming service.

On taking a closer look My main issue is with content.

Say I join for nba, it only offers on average 7 games a week plus weekend all star games. So basically foxtel or worse than foxtel nba coverage?

Say I join for the tennis, it says Wimbledon.. I'm pretty sure thats on FTA TV, what about the hundreds of other atp matches? It's not the tennis channel, they just have Wimbledon and probably the other majors. But I just see Wimbledon when I click on it.

If I'm joining a streaming service for its sports coverage I want it to have every match of the sport I'm joining for, not just some.

And obviously, no epl. I think Youtube TVs sports or fubo sports is much better for sports content. They both have the ability for all nba matches and epl, Foxtel is probably slightly better value for sports and pop for $39 with no epl. For non sports and only entertainment Philo for $16 is great value as well to add to any of the sports services.

I'm saving my 14 day free trial to try on my apple TV 4k for the footy season to see how well kayo sports servers performs under load and the quality of the stream. I assume it has every afl match and not just the FTA matches.

I hate having to cast, I just don't do it, that's why I like Apple TV 4k. Download the app from the Apple store on the atv4k , use the remote etc. It's a pvr with cloud storage. Not a casting device. Do chrome ultras allow apps to be downloaded or still purely a casting receiver?

If I'm joining a streaming service for its sports coverage I want it to have every match of the sport I'm joining for,
Kayo Sports (or Foxtel) is not for you and neither is this thread.

Say I join for nba, it only offers on average 7 games a week plus weekend all star games. So basically foxtel or worse than foxtel nba coverage?
dude, seriously, just stop. Kayo pretty much equals Foxtel. It just doesn't have 511 Eurosport and the horse racing.

What does "worse than foxtel nba coverage" even mean? They show the same ****ing thing. If Foxtel has 7 NBA games, Kayo has 7 NBA games.

Foxtel is probably slightly better value for sports and pop for $39 with no epl.
Your ability to post rubbish is seemingly endless. Foxtel Now inc. sport costs $54 NOT $39. Foxtel inc. sport is $58 NOT $39.

YOU CANNOT GET FOXTEL FOR $39 NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FALLACIOUSLY SAY YOU CAN.

Just because you have one anecdote about complaining to the TIO or whomever and getting Foxtel cheaper is irrelevant to a general discussion.

What is the price that Foxtel advertises a cable/satellite subscription that includes sport? $58 ($29 Entertainment + $29 Sport)

What is the price that Foxtel advertises a streaming subscription that includes sport? $54 ($25 Pop+Lifestyle + $29 Sport)

Last edited:
If Foxtel including sports in HD was $39pm something like Kayo would never get off the ground at $25pm & very few of us would have been bitching on about Rupert year after year, in fact the opposite - Rupert would have been the man!

Get a grip mick500 or declare your true bias/motive.

YOU CANNOT GET FOXTEL FOR $39 NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FALLACIOUSLY SAY YOU CAN.
Actually I have foxtel with sports for $39 a month at the moment. Just rang up to cancel, mention the words Kayo, and $69 a month becomes $39 a month for 12 months.

Actually I have foxtel with sports for $39 a month at the moment. Just rang up to cancel, mention the words Kayo, and $69 a month becomes $39 a month for 12 months.
Is that HD?

One suave ****

Foxtel doesn't have every game of every sport blah blah blah.

Kayo doesn't have every game of every sport blah blah blah.

Let's be 100% transparent here.

Want every game of NBA? An annual pass with nba.com will cost you $300.

Want every ATP Tennis event? An annual pass with tennistv.com will cost you $150.

Want every WTA tennis event? An annual pass with wtatv.com will cost you $100.

Starting to add up isn't it?

I believe you, and I'm sure many people have tried this and I'm sure some have succeeded, and most have not. The fact is, $39 is not the advertised price. It is wrong to suggest that every brand new Foxtel customer can sign up for $39.

It's like saying you can get Kayo for $15. "Hi Kayo, I'm gonna cancel unless you take $10 off." "yeah ok, cya then"

I believe you, and I'm sure many people have tried this and I'm sure some have succeeded, and most have not. The fact is, $39 is not the advertised price. It is wrong to suggest that every brand new Foxtel customer can sign up for $39.
Yep that is a fair point, I was pretty adamant that I was going to cancel as well, and was fully intending to, until they came back to me with that offer.

I called Foxtel a couple weeks ago and was already prepared with the "I'm moving overseas" line of conversation.

I didn't want a discount. I just wanted to cancel, immediately.

Your ability to post rubbish is seemingly endless. Foxtel Now inc. sport costs $54 NOT $39. Foxtel inc. sport is $58 NOT $39.

Just because you have one anecdote about complaining to the TIO or whomever and getting Foxtel cheaper is irrelevant to a general discussion.

What is the price that Foxtel advertises a cable/satellite subscription that includes sport? $58 ($29 Entertainment + $29 Sport)

What is the price that Foxtel advertises a streaming subscription that includes sport? $54 ($25 Pop+Lifestyle + $29 Sport)

Geez, you're triggered over a streaming service. It would help if you were right in the first place. Now open your ear holes for a ****ing second. You can get pop plus sport for $39 on foxtel now. You. Don't need pop plus lifestyle for $25. Just pop for $10 (or it may have increased to $15, I haven't subscribed in a long time) and sport for $29. That's the free trial they include that. You can drop the lifestyle package. There's nothing anecdotal about that. It's a fact. My experience I mentioned that you keep bringing up with the tio is irrelevant to what most people can get, I agree, so why keep bringing it up?

Pop is either $10 or $15 plus sport is 29 bucks from foxtel. So the total is either $39 or $44 if the pop package has gone up to $15. But it did use to be $10. Available to everybody. So get your shit right before posting bullshit and calling other people out. You're wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me again why paying more is a better option mick500, if you just want sports?

The sports channel add on for Foxtel Now is already more expensive than Kayo by itself.

red+black is spot on, your moaning about the exact same issues Foxtel has with regards to not having all games etc, yet you go ahead and recommend Foxtel :drunk:

Geez, you're triggered over a streaming service. It would help if you were right in the first place. Now open your ear holes for a ******* second. You can get pop plus sport for $39 on foxtel now. You. Don't need pop plus lifestyle for $25. Just pop for $10 (or it may have increased to $15, I haven't subscribed in a long time) and sport for $29. That's the free trial they include that. You can drop the lifestyle package. There's nothing anecdotal about that. It's a fact. My experience I mentioned that you keep bringing up with the tio is irrelevant to what most people can get, I agree, so why keep bringing it up?

Pop is either $10 or $15 plus sport is 29 bucks from foxtel. So the total is either $39 or $44 if the pop package has gone up to $15. But it did use to be $10. Available to everybody. So get your shit right before posting bullshit and calling other people out. You're wrong.
Cheapest way to get sports on foxtelnow is $54/month after they increased the price; pop is now $25/month
https://www.whistleout.com.au/PayTV/News/foxtel-now-price-hike-set-for-october
even if you manage to somehow get it for $39/month that is still $14 more for less than what kayo offers (hd replays, 1080p instead of 720p and more). Foxtel is clearly the inferior product.

Cheapest way to get sports on foxtelnow is $54/month after they increased the price; pop is now $25/month
even if you manage to somehow get it for $39/month that is still $14 more for less than what kayo offers (hd replays, 1080p instead of 720p and more). Foxtel is clearly the inferior product.

Dear oh dear, poor mick500. In the words of a great man

So get your shit right before posting bullshit and calling other people out. You're wrong.

Say I join for the tennis, it says Wimbledon.. I'm pretty sure thats on FTA TV, what about the hundreds of other atp matches? It's not the tennis channel, they just have Wimbledon and probably the other majors. But I just see Wimbledon when I click on it.

Well they're currently broadcasting the WTA Qatar Open that starts today and just finished broadcasting the ATP Open Sud de France that finished yesterday.

I'm on $39 too. Sports, entertainment IQ3 and HD. They ran the promotion last summer. Was a good deal at the time but I'm assuming it'll rise back to $79 or whatever the original price was when my contract is up in March. I did get an email recently trying to get me to sign back up early for the same deal at $43.50. Will be going with Kayo though, share it with my 2 brothers and it's $12 ea a month for all of Foxtel sports channels. Can't beat that. AFL app alone is $100 a year and you can only watch it on your phone.

I had foxtel (sports, IQ3, HD) for $39/month from March to August for the first time ever last year, then cancelled before the finals.
I'm not sure what I'll do this year- Kayo v. Foxtel v. AFL live alone.
Does Kayo require a robust internet connection to avoid frequent buffering?

I had foxtel (sports, IQ3, HD) for $39/month from March to August for the first time ever last year, then cancelled before the finals.
I'm not sure what I'll do this year- Kayo v. Foxtel v. AFL live alone.
Does Kayo require a robust internet connection to avoid frequent buffering?

Having faced the same dilemma myself why not try a free trial of Kayo and see if your internet is up for the challenge. I've found it to be OK but I've got an older chromecast which caps out at 720p which isn't going to be suitable for every user. You can try it for 2 weeks and as long as you cancel before the charge is incurred it won't cost you anything.

Foxtel - obviously has setup costs including a connection fee etc (not sure if that will get waived with special deals etc) but it is a known and reliable quantity.

I don't know anything about AFL live other than I believe you are limited to really small devices for live games which is why I wasn't keen on it.

Having faced the same dilemma myself why not try a free trial of Kayo and see if your internet is up for the challenge. I've found it to be OK but I've got an older chromecast which caps out at 720p which isn't going to be suitable for every user. You can try it for 2 weeks and as long as you cancel before the charge is incurred it won't cost you anything.

Foxtel - obviously has setup costs including a connection fee etc (not sure if that will get waived with special deals etc) but it is a known and reliable quantity.

I don't know anything about AFL live other than I believe you are limited to really small devices for live games which is why I wasn't keen on it.
Some good advice. Yeah I'll definitely do the trial, but it's more a matter of timing said trial :) . I have an "older chromecast" too but I'm not sure exactly how old it is now or what it caps out at. My foxtel setup and cancellation costs were waived as part of my deal last year :) . Not sure what the current deals are.

even if you manage to somehow get it for $39/month that is still $14 more for less than what kayo offers (hd replays, 1080p instead of 720p and m

Hey, I'm not arguing foxtel is a superior product. 2 different target audiences really. If you have a partner and switch to Kayo from foxtel they probably won't be happy to lose the stuff most of us would consider trash. Like the kardashians or housives of NYC csi investigate cops on vanderpump rules little people big fat life shows lol.

But I'm just weighing up how good this service is, compared to other online streaming services like fubo TV, sling TV, directv now, YouTube TV, Philo TV or a combo of some of them etc.

Personally like I said (which has no relation to foxtel now) I have foxtel iq4 4k for free with telstra with Sport and hd. I tried to cancel before the tio incident and they told me I'm getting it for free, so it's not like I love foxtel. But I have it for free and it's not as terrible value as some would have you believe. I was unaware of the price rise to foxtel now as well so that's my mistake.

I also use YouTube TV and Philo TV on a month to month basis , with all 3 I am covered for all sports I can think of + the garbage shows on Philo, but it's a lot of content for $16. If dropping foxtel and going with kayo and you have a partner or like some of the trash onf foxtel philo is a nice cheap addition where you get the best of both worlds with cloud dvr, series linking, latest us shows, comedy Central, mtv, paramount, lifestyle plus a bunch more .

As a non sport add on for those missing that content I couldn't recommend Philo TV more.

Worth taking a look.

I also use YouTube TV and Philo TV on a month to month basis , with all 3 I am covered for all sports I can think of + the garbage shows on Philo, but it's a lot of content for $16.

That is 16USD or roughly $23. You also require a VPN, and a US based mobile number or SMS forwarding service. So I don't think it's fair to compare as $16 vs Kayo which is designed to be available to the Australian market.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back