KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing whispers that former u18 premiership superstar and centurion goal kicker, Frank Caldow, is considering a return to the Gum, along with Engwerta.. Bit of excitement out at doggy land, which will be good for The league.

Met your old man a while ago Tav. Finger is always on the pulse with the Perry clan! The oracles of the KDL.. Franny is very keen, just needs to get work back in the area, should give us a boost around goals. Ryan Engwerda is moving back in a couple of months, has been competing in kick boxing for a while now, very fit hopefully he is still interested in his footy!
How's undera travelling have heard Godzy may be staying, is this the case? Girgarre pretty quiet so far, apart from the young Stanhope guys any recruits from Ky etc?
Like to know especially how gig, avenel, longwood and Ardy are travelling. Hopefully the lower sides of past years continue to improve the overall standard of the league. Intriguing season coming up me thinks.

Avenel have lost Lachie McKenzie and Dom Russo to other clubs, Jarrod Pink, John Burns and Emmet O'Connor have retired while Nick Goodwin is unsure what direction his football career is heading in, On the positive Cael McCarthy and Shaun O'Loughlin from Seymour have signed on for the 2013 season and we look set to field a thirds side

Avenel have lost Lachie McKenzie and Dom Russo to other clubs, Jarrod Pink, John Burns and Emmet O'Connor have retired while Nick Goodwin is unsure what direction his football career is heading in, On the positive Cael McCarthy and Shaun O'Loughlin from Seymour have signed on for the 2013 season and we look set to field a thirds side
Great if you can get a thirds side up....I am sure that will help with you retaining local kids with them not having to go elsewhere to play

Any chance of
Great if you can get a thirds side up....I am sure that will help with you retaining local kids with them not having to go elsewhere to play

Any chance of the KDFL clubs and admin having a go at a Fourths (under 14s) competition to solve the 3rds player issue?

Any chance of

Any chance of the KDFL clubs and admin having a go at a Fourths (under 14s) competition to solve the 3rds player issue?

While that is a good idea a few clubs already have under 12s and under 14s in a junior league which plays on a fri night but as hard as it is to get a thirds side Towns have joined just to keep the under 12s and under 14s going which are feeders for the thirds

If anyone has any under 12 or under 14 kids that want a game of footy in the fri night comp. which is quite a well run organisation please let me know . A new team has been created to keep the kids playing called the giants , coaches have been appointed Message me for anymore details if needed

If anyone has any under 12 or under 14 kids that want a game of footy in the fri night comp. which is quite a well run organisation please let me know . A new team has been created to keep the kids playing called the giants , coaches have been appointed Message me for anymore details if needed

Are you speaking of the GCJFL? I see Rushy had an under 12 side, Stanhope/Girgarre an Under 14 side. Adding to that Northerners (Tally/Congupna) had a primary school team in the Shepp Junior comp. Tabilk (Avenel/Nagambie) had under 12s & under 14s in the Seymour Comp. I can see any reason why those clubs couldn't transfer over to a Fourths comp with their own stand alone teams. Stanhope and Girgarre may require some co operation from Tongala to field a side each.

I am very confident that Murchison could pull a team together with some linking with Toolamba. Lancaster would need to draw from Ky, Merrigum from Tat/Ky, Ardmona from Mooroopna, Undera from Tat/Ky/Mooroopna, Longwood may participate with Avenel. Violet Town were able to successfully run Fourths in their previous league.

In my opinion clubs and the league should take action and start this comp to arrest the dwindling numbers in junior ranks. The current systems are too GVFL focussed and a shift must be made. I know I have bought this up before, but I do fear for the future of the KDFL juniors.

Also Tabilk run an Under 16 team, couldn't these kids fill the void in numbers at Avenel 3rds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you speaking of the GCJFL? I see Rushy had an under 12 side, Stanhope/Girgarre an Under 14 side. Adding to that Northerners (Tally/Congupna) had a primary school team in the Shepp Junior comp. Tabilk (Avenel/Nagambie) had under 12s & under 14s in the Seymour Comp. I can see any reason why those clubs couldn't transfer over to a Fourths comp with their own stand alone teams. Stanhope and Girgarre may require some co operation from Tongala to field a side each.

I am very confident that Murchison could pull a team together with some linking with Toolamba. Lancaster would need to draw from Ky, Merrigum from Tat/Ky, Ardmona from Mooroopna, Undera from Tat/Ky/Mooroopna, Longwood may participate with Avenel. Violet Town were able to successfully run Fourths in their previous league.

In my opinion clubs and the league should take action and start this comp to arrest the dwindling numbers in junior ranks. The current systems are too GVFL focussed and a shift must be made. I know I have bought this up before, but I do fear for the future of the KDFL juniors.

Also Tabilk run an Under 16 team, couldn't these kids fill the void in numbers at Avenel 3rds?

sorry grasscat but cant see it happening. as you have written stan/gig have a team, of which rushy has joined because of the lack of players available... think you will find this is why there are a lot of merged under aged teams at the moment. and you would think that if tally,avenal and nag had enough players they would have stand alone teams in their junior comps, not northerners or tabilk. unfortunately i think we have to come to the realisation that all our towns are getting smaller and that junior football teams will continue to struggle for numbers...

sorry grasscat but cant see it happening. as you have written stan/gig have a team, of which rushy has joined because of the lack of players available... think you will find this is why there are a lot of merged under aged teams at the moment. and you would think that if tally,avenal and nag had enough players they would have stand alone teams in their junior comps, not northerners or tabilk. unfortunately i think we have to come to the realisation that all our towns are getting smaller and that junior football teams will continue to struggle for numbers...

That is a real shame. Could we play 12 a side? Try to think outside the box, if numbers permit put more kids on the ground.

That is a real shame. Could we play 12 a side? Try to think outside the box, if numbers permit put more kids on the ground.
Try this then. A team spends a few years scratching to get a side and gets belted every week but some opposition clubs help them out. After a while the worm turns and the side becomes quite successful. Is the favour returned? Sadly, not necessarily. There are still too many adults running kids teams with no vision for the future of, not the club, but the game.

A
Try this then. A team spends a few years scratching to get a side and gets belted every week but some opposition clubs help them out. After a while the worm turns and the side becomes quite successful. Is the favour returned? Sadly, not necessarily. There are still too many adults running kids teams with no vision for the future of, not the club, but the game.[/
And me thinks the passion might be one of them

Could an U14 comp be initially be implemented as mainly merged entities? Avenel & Nagambie continue as Tabilk, then form partnerships between Lancaster & Merrigum, Stanhope & Girgarre, Ardmona & Undera, Violet Town & Longwood and Murchison & Rushworth.Tallygaroopna would probably have to go on their own.

Obviously still have issues with the draw, but it would mean clubs are represented at junior level and can then feed into the 3rds competition. If any clubs have the numbers to field their own teams it should've encouraged. Yes, it needs a bit of co operation from rival clubs but the advantages would be great.

Looks like the mighty Towners are going to have some extra cash to splash this year now after President Jaxbac's 'mighty' racehorse saluting recently at the ripe old odds of $5!!! Congrats on the win however where was the mail for all your BF buddies?? ;-)

Looks like the mighty Towners are going to have som e extra cash to splash this year now after President Jaxbac's 'mighty' racehorse saluting recently at the ripe old odds of $5!!! Congrats on the win however where was the mail for all your BF buddies?? ;-)
Yep it was a nice run, thought that the odds were a bit skinny though. Got nearly enough to pay for Tarrant for the whole year now:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back