KDFL March 07 - May 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Wat does everything think bout fordy playing back line twos?
by all accounts johnny forde (rushy) has alot to
prove and has been training hard
to make it back to the seniors ranks were
he belongs.
And backy's efforts on the weekend defiently deserve another crack at it.
Can any tell me what they reckon about md clarkes move into the centre, pivotal????

Anyone knows the where bouts of llyod, lynch and andy clarke??? IS there any truth to the exodus of these fine players???

If Rushworth is a top-three side like Scotty keeps on saying then it's probably right that Forde is playing twos. He's a fringe one's player in a premiership contending side. Hope that helps :thumbsu:

Were are the players going to come from bodzy to replace those with niggling injuries after the injuries in the 2's last week.

I wouldn't get carried away too much with VT just yet. Saw them play on the weekend and althugh they did win quite comfortably they didn't impress me much. Their reserves were lucky in the end to score the 2 point they did and Lancy's two's aren't much - there's not much depth in there. The senior boys were ok at times but if they played as well as they mouthed off they'd be a super side. Some pretty cocky boys running around out there. from what I have seen (yes it's only 1 game) they'd want to improve a heap on that performance to be a threat in september.

I wouldn't get carried away too much with VT just yet. Saw them play on the weekend and althugh they did win quite comfortably they didn't impress me much. Their reserves were lucky in the end to score the 2 point they did and Lancy's two's aren't much - there's not much depth in there. The senior boys were ok at times but if they played as well as they mouthed off they'd be a super side. Some pretty cocky boys running around out there. from what I have seen (yes it's only 1 game) they'd want to improve a heap on that performance to be a threat in september.
Lets just see whp keeps winning games babe:thumbsu:

Before I start posting about other issues, I was wondering what you all think about potentially having the KDFL's Grand Final being moved to either Mooroopna, Tatura or Kyabram ?.

It was in the Shepp News last week (sadly, I don't have a link to the article, because I couldn't find it), and it had Sev talking about possibly moving it away from a KDFL ground to a GVFL Ground.

I know that I'm biased here (because my club benefits from having the Grand Final once every 3-4 years), But, I reckon that it's a bad idea moving the Grand Final Away from the KDFL Clubs, and I'll give you a few reasons why.

1. It doesn't give any incentive for either Undera or Murchison to improve their facilities knowing that they're not going to host Grand Finals anymore (I mean, what's the point, you may as well keep what you got, and replace things that need to be done urgently, and forget about the rest).

2. You will still have the problem of people sneaking in without paying, (especially at Tatura & Mooroopna, where it's so open, and easy to do), which was one of the reasons why the KDFL wanted it moved in the first place.

3. You will still have the problem of people sneaking in grog (I think that if the Picola League can have a system where they can search cars for grog at Katunga, surely we can do the same at Undera, Stanhope, Murchison & Undera).

4. Why on earth should our league help the likes of Tatura, Kyabram & Mooroopna raise money through concession sales (drinks, food, raffle, etc.) ?.

I like the fact that our Grand Final is played at our own grounds, and although the amenities are better at Ky, Tat & Mooroopna, I feel that we as a league face the potential of losing the great essence of a KDFL Grand Final if its played at another venue.

I just hope that Sev & Watto make the right decision here, because they both of them do a great job.

Any Thoughts about this, because I feel that this will be discussed later on in the future.

P.S
I hope that Tim Richter does plays for Murch again, (and Hayden Ewart, who's also been rumored to come back from WA), because Hughsie hasn't had much positive news of late in regards to being our senior coach (apart from winning against Yea last week), and this would help him (and the club) no end.

Anyway here are my tips for this week

Murchison vs LANCASTER (20 points)
GIRGARRE vs Yea (60+)
Merrigum vs STANHOPE (100 +)
UNDERA vs Ardmona (5 points)
VIOLET TOWN vs Avenel (50+)

thanks mate, just thought if rushy were to lose any more players they will be in need of some back up. Perhaps scotty still has a ace up his sleave. Rushy are still one of those teams on the day they can throw anyteam from what i have seen

KDFL Grand Final- I think it would be great step forward and intiative to take it to a great venue like a Tat, Ky or Mooroopna. It's the leagues show piece day and would only add to the excitement.

Wayde the only incentive Murch and Undera need to improve there facilities it is to make it better for their own players, officals and supporters.

As far the money goes from KDFL granny it is up to the league executive to broker a good deal which should be easy enough between those 3 options. It should be just a set fee on a few hundred dollars for the facility and then run it as usual.

KDFL Grand Final- I think it would be great step forward and intiative to take it to a great venue like a Tat, Ky or Mooroopna. It's the leagues show piece day and would only add to the excitement.

Wayde the only incentive Murch and Undera need to improve there facilities it is to make it better for their own players, officals and supporters.

As far the money goes from KDFL granny it is up to the league executive to broker a good deal which should be easy enough between those 3 options. It should be just a set fee on a few hundred dollars for the facility and then run it as usual.

I tend to agree that hosting the grand final at a major venue is a good idea.

Regarding improving facilities, Murch have got a dream run with GF over the years but lets face it the football facilities havent changed for 20 years.

Brokering a deal as OTM suggests isnt that easy as the local clubs have the liqour license and own the catering facilities. It isnt possible for another group to come in and run the bar and catering.

Great post again Blackboard. If People think that the only incentive for having good/reasonable facilities is to hold finals, then they are sadly mistaken.

ky would be a good venue for the granny. its not a bad ground and you'v got 2 decent rooms to prepare in .with the grandstand and the way its built up around the ground would add plenty of atmosphere.as for sneaking piss in, just leave the cars outside the ground.

I think the KDL grand final should be moved also. I would shift it to Tatura as it's pretty central to most in the league. Also the league could let 1 club do the catering and 1 do the bar sales and switch it around every year to a different club so that over a 6 year period every side has a go and can make money out of it. This happens in many other leagues in victoria. All the ground hire should cost you is like OTM said $200 or $300.

ky would be a good venue for the granny. its not a bad ground and you'v got 2 decent rooms to prepare in .with the grandstand and the way its built up around the ground would add plenty of atmosphere.as for sneaking piss in, just leave the cars outside the ground.

I agree Ringo, Ky would be the best option. I think it's probably the best ground in the GV with terrific grandstands and a quality playing surface. It's also the KDFL so it would make sense:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree Ringo, Ky would be the best option. I think it's probably the best ground in the GV with terrific grandstands and a quality playing surface. It's also the KDFL so it would make sense:thumbsu:

I agree totally with the Granny being held on a GV ground, way better atmosphere and it would draw a bigger crowd.

However Junkie, Ky is not the best ground in the GV, its Called Deakin Reserve champ.

im with slushy... Deakin wood b the best venue... and if i m correct the w/e of the KDFL GF there is no game on deakin because its gvfl prelim weekend and thats played on a sunday

I agree totally with the Granny being held on a GV ground, way better atmosphere and it would draw a bigger crowd.

However Junkie, Ky is not the best ground in the GV, its Called Deakin Reserve champ.

nah mate i think your wrong, ky has a better surface then Deakin!!

massive news!!!!
benalla legend john 'shorty' martiniello will be lining up for violet town.
the little man said he wants to play with fello mates gary abley, chris hayes and possibly gary gerada.

Ky would be agood venue, as already mentioned well built up and grandstand, the kdl league clubs should split up the duties say for example, lanky:canteen, murch:BBQ etc etc or split the money evenly between clubs. this would ensure for all clubs benefiting as a superior surface for players and far better viewing conditons as well as money being divvied out between clubs. win-win

I think the KDL grand final should be moved also. I would shift it to Tatura as it's pretty central to most in the league. Also the league could let 1 club do the catering and 1 do the bar sales and switch it around every year to a different club so that over a 6 year period every side has a go and can make money out of it. This happens in many other leagues in victoria. All the ground hire should cost you is like OTM said $200 or $300.

Lots of positives each way. Having the game at Ky would make sense. Have it where you will make the most money is the key... especially nowadays. Removes any home ground advantage issues. Split all profits.

We play a double header at Barooga (MFL), which is two semi finals at the one venue (double ovals), after the hiring of the venue the money is split by the clubs doing their bit at the bar etc. A real show case day.

Sev, would be thinking of improving the KDFL so perhaps give it a go and see what happens.

Do not have it at Mooroopna or Tatura!! KDFL = Kyabram.

Ky would be agood venue, as already mentioned well built up and grandstand, the kdl league clubs should split up the duties say for example, lanky:canteen, murch:BBQ etc etc or split the money evenly between clubs. this would ensure for all clubs benefiting as a superior surface for players and far better viewing conditons as well as money being divvied out between clubs. win-win[/quote
oi how is it at langy anywais wudnt mind avn a run wit da bois

Ky would be agood venue, as already mentioned well built up and grandstand, the kdl league clubs should split up the duties say for example, lanky:canteen, murch:BBQ etc etc or split the money evenly between clubs. this would ensure for all clubs benefiting as a superior surface for players and far better viewing conditons as well as money being divvied out between clubs. win-win[/quote
oi how is it at langy anywais wudnt mind avn a run wit da bois

What the!!!!!!!!

Before I start posting about other issues, I was wondering what you all think about potentially having the KDFL's Grand Final being moved to either Mooroopna, Tatura or Kyabram ?.

It was in the Shepp News last week (sadly, I don't have a link to the article, because I couldn't find it), and it had Sev talking about possibly moving it away from a KDFL ground to a GVFL Ground.

I know that I'm biased here (because my club benefits from having the Grand Final once every 3-4 years), But, I reckon that it's a bad idea moving the Grand Final Away from the KDFL Clubs, and I'll give you a few reasons why.

1. It doesn't give any incentive for either Undera or Murchison to improve their facilities knowing that they're not going to host Grand Finals anymore (I mean, what's the point, you may as well keep what you got, and replace things that need to be done urgently, and forget about the rest).

2. You will still have the problem of people sneaking in without paying, (especially at Tatura & Mooroopna, where it's so open, and easy to do), which was one of the reasons why the KDFL wanted it moved in the first place.

3. You will still have the problem of people sneaking in grog (I think that if the Picola League can have a system where they can search cars for grog at Katunga, surely we can do the same at Undera, Stanhope, Murchison & Undera).

4. Why on earth should our league help the likes of Tatura, Kyabram & Mooroopna raise money through concession sales (drinks, food, raffle, etc.) ?.

I like the fact that our Grand Final is played at our own grounds, and although the amenities are better at Ky, Tat & Mooroopna, I feel that we as a league face the potential of losing the great essence of a KDFL Grand Final if its played at another venue.

I just hope that Sev & Watto make the right decision here, because they both of them do a great job.

Any Thoughts about this, because I feel that this will be discussed later on in the future.

P.S
I hope that Tim Richter does plays for Murch again, (and Hayden Ewart, who's also been rumored to come back from WA), because Hughsie hasn't had much positive news of late in regards to being our senior coach (apart from winning against Yea last week), and this would help him (and the club) no end.

Anyway here are my tips for this week

Murchison vs LANCASTER (20 points)
GIRGARRE vs Yea (60+)
Merrigum vs STANHOPE (100 +)
UNDERA vs Ardmona (5 points)
VIOLET TOWN vs Avenel (50+)

Murchison have been given a golden run in the last 10 years with the GF. You mention incentive but what have Murch done to improve their facilities. Oh yeah I gorgot - they have a new beaut time keepers box. Geez - that makes all the difference to the players who have to change in those stingy little rooms, or the supportors who come and have to use binoculars to see the shabby old scoreboard. To get the KDL GF it's not about facilities, it's about parking. If you have the extra room, you have a chance of getting the Granny

Lets just see whp keeps winning games babe:thumbsu:

See - that's exactly what i'm talking about. I'm not saying you can't keep on winning and can't win the flag. You're best 6 or seven players are right up there with anyone's. Walker and Mills look very dangerous up forward - in this league if you can take a mark and kick straight from 50 you're a bloody good asset. However - flags are usually won on the contributions of your bottom 6 players. There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the twos to suggest any depth, and from what I saw on the weekend I think you'd need to play better than that to win a flag. Your response indicates that the chirp will continue on the ground....and good luck I hope VT can go all the way - it's be great to see them knock off Ardy, Stanhope, Rushy & Tally but I wouldn't be getting too carried away just yet.

Have heard that the avenel V Violet Town game is being played on Sunday. Avenel seem to have robbed peter to pay paul here because they changed it to sunday because they had a couple of blokes who couldnt play saturday due to a wedding. Unfortunately now there are a few that can't make it on sunday:eek: could end up less of a contest than i expected:( Bit dissapointing that the blokes unavailable on sunday couldnt have rescheduled considering avenel had the bye last week.

massive news!!!!
benalla legend john 'shorty' martiniello will be lining up for violet town.
the little man said he wants to play with fello mates gary abley, chris hayes and possibly gary gerada.

Gary Abley struggled in the two's on the weekend. Actually had to drift down to the backline to chase a kick which is a bit worrying for the veteran. Having said that - it's not always easy for a good player to adjust to KDL 2nds, especially when they're as bad as the towner's are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back