KDFL March 07 - May 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Yeah you lost another two today in Bo and Jack. Stop this 'we have blokes out' crap mate. Can you please name these 8 'senior' blokes please?

No excuses, but we did have a few of our stronger players out... Full credit to Avenel, they played a good brand of footy and never gave in all day, i reckon if they keep that list in tact and the young fellas get another year of experience, they'll be a force to reckon with in the future.
We were our own worst enemies all day! Couldn't manage to kick two in a row and get a roll on. Made it an absolute slog contest all game and both teams running on pure emotions in the last quarter. One goal Eight behinds in the first quarter said it all and is in excusable if we wanna feature up in the top five later in the year. We had our chances to put a big score on the board and i don't know whether it was avenel pressure or just skill errors but it made for a great game and were bloody happy to take the 4 pts!

2 home and losses in 2 years of footy, 2 grand final losses by the narrowest of margins, recruited Troy Auld and Dennis Grinton, back-line averaging less than 4 goals a game against them, centre-line and forward-line averaging 20 - 25 goals a game so far..... I'd say regardless of what opposition there playing you gotta give them credit...
Sorry Tony, just putting it out how i see it.
You lads played well again today i thought, playin a real good brand of footy when ya's are on the go, just gotta cut out the little mistakes and you's should feature right up there come the latter stages of the year

yer thats fair bodzy, me personally have never seen stanhope play. but with 4 teams doing a lot of recruiting (tally,vt,undera,avenal) plus last years premiers ardmona and also rushworth in the mix i dont think stanhope are that far ahead of everyone.
i'm sure stanhope are going to be a fasntastic side and favourites for the flag so far but i wouldnt say they are clearly ahead.
also as we've all seen in recent years they are quite the chokers... :D

macak
moffat
white
anderson
martiniello
abley
Quay
hayes

all starters in best side
So it was fairly balanced coz avenel were missing
Carroll
Hard
Lemke
Kostapoulakis?
Sumiak
Emmett O'Connor
Nick O'Connor (out for the year)
also, Harrap played with stress fractures in his foot and Jed stuck it out with a back injury. Scoty Kanters' ankle injury in the 3rd didnt help either. as i said in an earlier post both teams were not full strength and it was a fantastic effort by both teams to still play the brand of footy they did. VT are a very good side but i think you blokes are selling avenel a bit short.

. One goal Eight behinds in the first quarter said it all and is in excusable
to be fair bodz there were 4 rushed behinds in that. so the poor kicking for goal was a bit exaggerated on the scoreboard. Millsy was the main offender but he made up for it with that bomb later in the game

to be fair bodz there were 4 rushed behinds in that. so the poor kicking for goal was a bit exaggerated on the scoreboard. Millsy was the main offender but he made up for it with that bomb later in the game

None the less, it still means we had the ball in there a a heap of times without converting it on the scoreboard. Avenels pressure and intensity was fantastic and maybe that is why we didn't convert all the time. I just think we should of been able to put more goals on the board in reflection that's all

None the less, it still means we had the ball in there a a heap of times without converting it on the scoreboard. Avenels pressure and intensity was fantastic and maybe that is why we didn't convert all the time. I just think we should of been able to put more goals on the board in reflection that's all
BLA BLA BLA.......... ya missed a few goals so what. I don't think there needs to be further discussions about this. Have the Herald sun filled the back page with Collingwoods inacurate kicking?? NO. GET OVER IT BOYS:thumbsdown:

Carroll
Hard
Lemke
Kostapoulakis?
Sumiak
Emmett O'Connor
also, Harrap played with stress fractures in his foot and Jed stuck it out with a back injury. Scoty Kanters' ankle injury in the 3rd didnt help either. as i said in an earlier post both teams were not full strength and it was a fantastic effort by both teams to still play the brand of footy they did. VT are a very good side but i think you blokes are selling avenel a bit short.
i agree playing out there avenel have a number of good players and you sensed they had a great team mentality if they keep up that sort of form they could cause a few upsets this year

fair call bodz.
no.13 for you blokes Dean something was fantastic all day is he a recruit? or just someone thats stepped up? i havent heard of him before and he was undoubtedly BOG even though mick donovan jagged a couple on him.
Also no. 15 your ruckman gave subba and mitch a bath in the centre bounces. good effort considering he was fighting well out of his weight division. not as effective around the ground though as you would expect from a lighter ruckman.

fair call bodz.
no.13 for you blokes Dean something was fantastic all day is he a recruit? or just someone thats stepped up? i havent heard of him before and he was undoubtedly BOG even though mick donovan jagged a couple on him.
Also no. 15 your ruckman gave subba and mitch a bath in the centre bounces. good effort considering he was fighting well out of his weight division. not as effective around the ground though as you would expect from a lighter ruckman.
Yeah Dean Carraher was a recruit this year played his best game so far at the club. the ruckman paul enright has been one of the better players every week so far after playing limited footy at euroa thirds since under 14 days at VT

Well done Bodz another good win for the boys keep the bandwagon rolling. Stanhope look to be the team to beat this yr just looking at results. Will be hard to beat them on there home ground.

well looks like we get the idea that avenal and vt are still both improving very much so you couldnt say stanhope are a clear cut above the rest!

macak
moffat
white
anderson
martiniello
abley
Quay
hayes

all starters in best side

If ya gonna talk about blokes who are injured / not playing. Apparently Tally will have out for their game against Ardy this week, M Rowston (from Swans) Stuart Maunder (united) Adam Molisak (only played 1st 1/4 and a bit against Undera) Craig Stone (full Back) Jonse Palmer (united) Peter Ralph (United) and Possibly Hayden Best (Swans).

Maybe these GV blokes can't handle the KDL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ya gonna talk about blokes who are injured / not playing. Apparently Tally will have out for their game against Ardy this week, M Rowston (from Swans) Stuart Maunder (united) Adam Molisak (only played 1st 1/4 and a bit against Undera) Craig Stone (full Back) Jonse Palmer (united) Peter Ralph (United) and Possibly Hayden Best (Swans).

Maybe these GV blokes can't handle the KDL.

well just more proof stanhope are NOT a clear cut above the rest!

well looks like we get the idea that avenal and vt are still both improving very much so you couldnt say stanhope are a clear cut above the rest!

Very true there big boy. We are yet to come up against a so called top 4 side yet. The next few weeks will give us all a better indication of where we're at. We come up against Undera, Tally and Ardmona in the next three weeks. Like a normal footy side we too have some injuries and players unavailable but I think to get to the finals you need a side that can perform week in week out no matter the ins & outs for that week.

You are right Tony, its like comparing apples and onions at this stage. No one has a true feel till these teams get a taste for each other. The competition has improved though, it is fantastic to see. Last year Stanhope, Ardie and Lanky were 10 goals better then all the other teams. But this year everyone is having their say. Good to see Avenal and VT churping it up on the forum, you guys have some hype so you need to run with it. Keep up the good work! It is so hard to get a read at this stage of the year. Tally were the talk but Undera got them, then Ardie took Undera but had already lost to Gig. Avenal escaped Lanky and just short of VT. Stanhope and Rushy are sitting in the wings who knows were they sit, and plenty of other teams having a crack. VT/Stanhope are the benchmark at this early stage.

You are right Tony, its like comparing apples and onions at this stage. No one has a true feel till these teams get a taste for each other. The competition has improved though, it is fantastic to see. Last year Stanhope, Ardie and Lanky were 10 goals better then all the other teams. But this year everyone is having their say. Good to see Avenal and VT churping it up on the forum, you guys have some hype so you need to run with it. Keep up the good work! It is so hard to get a read at this stage of the year. Tally were the talk but Undera got them, then Ardie took Undera but had already lost to Gig. Avenal escaped Lanky and just short of VT. Stanhope and Rushy are sitting in the wings who knows were they sit, and plenty of other teams having a crack. VT/Stanhope are the benchmark at this early stage.

I think if there was a bookmaker taking bets on the comp he would actually have Tally installed as favourite with a number of sides closely behind.

Anyone got a match report from undera and ardy match? and any other matches from last round....?

I think if there was a bookmaker taking bets on the comp he would actually have Tally installed as favourite with a number of sides closely behind.

i don't think there even is a favourite for the flag this early. my opinion the flag could go anywhere from stanhope, tally, vt, ardy, rushy.
avenal to young.

i don't think there even is a favourite for the flag this early. my opinion the flag could go anywhere from stanhope, tally, vt, ardy, rushy.
avenal to young.

to me they appear to be the real sleeper. got done by vt by 2 goals, smashed gig and just got over murch in the wet. i think that they'll be a real force to be reckoned with this year. when it come to kids, they've got as good as any one: two lambdens, drew clarke, jake perry, lynchy... none of them older than 20

wise words, Tally would be 2-1fav,Stanhope 3-1,VT 5-1,Undera 5-1,Ardmona 5-1 Rushy 8-1 Lanky 12-1, Avenel 12-1 & the rest 100-1

Any ajustments anyone

Yeah, Lanky 200-1. No chance at all. May scrape into finals only because of favourable draw!
wise words, Tally would be 2-1fav,Stanhope 3-1,VT 5-1,Undera 5-1,Ardmona 5-1 Rushy 8-1 Lanky 12-1, Avenel 12-1 & the rest 100-1

Any ajustments anyone

Carroll
Hard
Lemke
Kostapoulakis?
Sumiak
Emmett O'Connor

Al, what's Nick done to him self.?

Yeah, Lanky 200-1. No chance at all. May scrape into finals only because of favourable draw!

Big call jimbob to say may make finals but 200-1. In a 5 team final series only have to string 3 games together. I would put $5 on that. They still have a lot of capable players.

i dont think they are all starters in the best side and abley hayes quay and moffat are all slow moving forwards and it was one area we broke down in yesterday

come on ice man, those guys are all lightning quick forwards! abs & haysey both moved pretty well in the 2s for an early run & I know all of those guys want to play seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back