KDFL Oct 06 -Feb 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

A bit of interest from some of the coaches mates, all pretty handy players in their own right, plus the players from last year being freed up from major roles with the additional of the new blokes, suddenly the chb's, chf's and onballers start sharing other duties like flanks and pockets, less demand and pressure therefore giving opurtunities to play with more freedom and the chance to excel

A bit of interest from some of the coaches mates, all pretty handy players in their own right, plus the players from last year being freed up from major roles with the additional of the new blokes, suddenly the chb's, chf's and onballers start sharing other duties like flanks and pockets, less demand and pressure therefore giving opurtunities to play with more freedom and the chance to excel

Will wait and see i suppose

You've won me over . . . . Go Swans :thumbsu: Who are the players doing well on the track who you'd expect to take game their game up a few levels?

Ahh..ever the optimist crazy. But seriously, the CHF's and CHB's from 06 would be lucky to squeeze onto the bench of the top four teams last year. It's not what you get out of your first 6 players that makes the difference, its the bottom 6. If the top six players break even, then if the bottom 6 can beat their opponents you're a good chance to win more games than you lose. This is why the clubs with a strong emphasis on locals like Rushy, Stanhope and Lancaster can stay at the top for so long without bottoming out like Undera, Avenal and Co.

Heard Walsh has got a job in the mines in WA. Big $$. Would be stupid to come back. Not sure if the job is full time employment though.

Would be wrong if snelson left the purps after they gave him an opportunity to leave Gig mid way through the season plus a premiership

You sure about that groova? I heard he rolled an expensive piece of equipment in the first week and the mines gig didn't work out. However I understand he has moved the family over so I'd say he'd be there for a while yet. Couldn't see him returning to play footy anywhere in Victoria.

Has Marcus Emmett told Stanhope of his plans this year??
Is he staying on at the Lions or moving to a club in Ballarat, where he is employed AS A TEACHER this year??

Uni Student wanting answers........

Ahh..ever the optimist crazy. But seriously, the CHF's and CHB's from 06 would be lucky to squeeze onto the bench of the top four teams last year. It's not what you get out of your first 6 players that makes the difference, its the bottom 6. If the top six players break even, then if the bottom 6 can beat their opponents you're a good chance to win more games than you lose. This is why the clubs with a strong emphasis on locals like Rushy, Stanhope and Lancaster can stay at the top for so long without bottoming out like Undera, Avenal and Co.

Pretty sure we're talking about being competitive on the field and doing better than we did last season, dont think there was a mention of taking a place in the top four, but hey, if what I said threatened your clubs chances and got your back up then I apologize

Pretty sure we're talking about being competitive on the field and doing better than we did last season, dont think there was a mention of taking a place in the top four, but hey, if what I said threatened your clubs chances and got your back up then I apologize

I dont think Peter Dyson mentioned anything about you making a 'Top 4' but yeah you guys might be heading in the right direction regarding to being competitive. What Dyson was trying to say is that a couple of players (CHF & CHB) wont be a quick fix to your problems. Need a solid foundation to build from and thats where teams such as Rushy, Stanhope and lanky are lucky with their locals

These people come to the club for the money, not for the love of the club. do you think the club should throw some sort of "fair well" party when they leave? The player gets what he wants, money, and the club gets what they want, a half decent player. if that player chooses to leave, so be it, but dont say the club treats them bad when they want to leave because thats business.

Glad you dont manage my buisness mate.
If you s h i t in your employees face whilst hes given you good service, would he want to return one day.?

Last time I checked this was still "a game".?

The VCFL should introduce an automatic clearance policy unless there are monies owing or a "signed" contract has not been obligated.

That will take another 10 yrs working on the fact it took them over 20 to address and improve the clearance procedures.

Why should any one club - person controll another persons social outlet.??

What i was getting at crazyhouse was that over a number of years there seems to be a lot of player movements in the southern end of the league. Players seem content to swith between Avenal, Nagambie, Broadford & Seymour without really committing anywhere and sticking around to build the club up for the long term. A couple of KPP for a season might make a side competitive for a while but when they leave, where is the depth? I didn't mention anything about top 4 however there was a massive gap last year between those that could and those that couldn't - Avenal (and Nagambie) being in the latter group. Good to see Avenal moving in the right direction though - their thirds have been pretty strong so maybe the future is ok.

And for what it's worth - I have no association with any club in any capacity.

What i was getting at crazyhouse was that over a number of years there seems to be a lot of player movements in the southern end of the league. Players seem content to swith between Avenal, Nagambie, Broadford & Seymour without really committing anywhere and sticking around to build the club up for the long term. A couple of KPP for a season might make a side competitive for a while but when they leave, where is the depth? I didn't mention anything about top 4 however there was a massive gap last year between those that could and those that couldn't - Avenal (and Nagambie) being in the latter group. Good to see Avenal moving in the right direction though - their thirds have been pretty strong so maybe the future is ok.

And for what it's worth - I have no association with any club in any capacity.

Wouldnt have Broadford in that, they generally recruit from other areas, and haven't heavily recruited from the Seymour area since the mid 90's when Richard Martin, Showy, Dicko, Matt O'Sullivan, Cooky, Mark Smith and even Snowy Burke came down for a year or two.

There does from time to time be plenty of movements between the other clubs though

Glad you dont manage my buisness mate.
If you s h i t in your employees face whilst hes given you good service, would he want to return one day.?

Last time I checked this was still "a game".?

The VCFL should introduce an automatic clearance policy unless there are monies owing or a "signed" contract has not been obligated.

That will take another 10 yrs working on the fact it took them over 20 to address and improve the clearance procedures.

Why should any one club - person controll another persons social outlet.??

Musta missed something here, what did Seymour do wrong by Mr. Rattray please remind me.

As far as I knew Patty was offered an opportunity up at Barooga, may lead to some possible employment which is what he was after and was honest enough in saying he'd consider a club that could maybe offer work. I couldn't jump the queue and get him into Nestle or he'd be at Broadford ;)

Didn't think there was any ill feeling from Patty towards the Lions musta been wrong :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just heard sean charles is poised to sign up at gig 700 a game

Musta missed something here, what did Seymour do wrong by Mr. Rattray please remind me.

As far as I knew Patty was offered an opportunity up at Barooga, may lead to some possible employment which is what he was after and was honest enough in saying he'd consider a club that could maybe offer work. I couldn't jump the queue and get him into Nestle or he'd be at Broadford ;)

Didn't think there was any ill feeling from Patty towards the Lions musta been wrong :confused:

Doona Rat has no probs with Seymour, I think the point this other blokes making is that clubs shouldnt be able to control a persons decision in life.?
At least thats how I interperate what hes saying.?

Doona Rat has no probs with Seymour, I think the point this other blokes making is that clubs shouldnt be able to control a persons decision in life.?
At least thats how I interperate what hes saying.?

Cheers . . . I know when I was agressively chasing the big fella :p he was open and honest in saying the opportunity of employment would sway him and sadly Broadford aint a thriving place for job seekers

Boys boys boys, spoke to Charlesy today as i do most days and all he spoke about was his beloved Lalbert and the mates that e is bringing to help lift them out of trouble.

Played against Charlesy when he was at Woorinen, first time he didnt really do much, only played half a game, second time he was a Rolls Royce amongst Corrolla's!

horsbourgh, sharp send off this saturday night feb 3 at the violet town.
should be a massive night, so everyone get there to help fairwell the boys:thumbsu:

Boys boys boys, spoke to Charlesy today as i do most days and all he spoke about was his beloved Lalbert and the mates that e is bringing to help lift them out of trouble.
I reckon you're right Roota, I can't see Seano saddling up at either club.

I notice Murchison have placed newspapers ad's in a bid to try and snare a few players. Remuneration available it said. Could prove handy or just be money down the drain.

I notice Murchison have placed newspapers ad's in a bid to try and snare a few players. Remuneration available it said. Could prove handy or just be money down the drain.

I guess there at the stage they are getting desperate, I heard they could be at the stage were they may only have a senior team, but it is only early days yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back