Ken Hinkley has a better win % than Damien Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Port 2000 was seen as a bad year similar to Geelong 2006 and Richmond 2016, as history proved it to be a small step backwards in the grand scheme of what was an upward trajectory.

Port 2011, on the other hand was seen as the worst team since Fitzroy.
Not just on field, but off field too.

I'm just not sure who else Port are going to get as coach if they get rid of Hinkley?
The last time Port were looking for a coach, no one else wanted to coach them.
You do realise we didn't finish bottom that year. At this stage you are just making shit up.

Hinkley will leave and then return a few years later to steady the ship. Bookmark it.
No chance, the minute Hinkley walks out the door and picks up his last precious dollar that he has extorted out of the club. He will never walk back through the doors again and will starting potting Port in the media, while wearing a Geelong or Gold Coast polo top.
That will be the moment you'll all be able to see what a fraud we have been dealing with.

Well 16th out of 17th wasnt great isnt it?

3 wins and 19 losses from 22 games was not great either.
I'm not saying it was a great year. I'm saying there was one worse team than us in that year and the quote was the worst team since Fitzroy. Those guys are pretty much the nucleus of the 2014 team except they all had another 50-70 games experience and we added a couple young players with talent.

What you guys don't accept is that Primus had the rebuild but Hinkley got the team and then dismally failed with it.

I'm not saying it was a great year. I'm saying there was one worse team than us in that year and the quote was the worst team since Fitzroy. Those guys are pretty much the nucleus of the 2014 team except they all had another 50-70 games experience and we added a couple young players with talent.

What you guys don't accept is that Primus had the rebuild but Hinkley got the team and then dismally failed with it.

I fully understand the situation Port was in back in 2010.

Port made that grand final in 2007 and they lost. They dropped to bottom 4 in 2008. Finished 10th in 2009 with 9 wins. Port were 5 wins and 2 losses after 7 games then lost 6 or 7 in a row and Choco Williams left the club.

And yes I was there at Chocos last game as Port coach, it was vs Collingwood at Footy park. It was a night game.

Primus Took over the last 6 games of the season. They won 4 and lost 2. Primus was then handed a 2 year deal. Port Adelaide under Primus had fewer resources than most clubs. They were the only side in 2010-12 that had no midfield coach.

I fully understand the situation Port was in back in 2010.

Port made that grand final in 2007 and they lost. They dropped to bottom 4 in 2008. Finished 10th in 2009 with 9 wins. Port were 5 wins and 2 losses after 7 games then lost 6 or 7 in a row and Choco Williams left the club.

And yes I was there at Chocos last game as Port coach, it was vs Collingwood at Footy park. It was a night game.

Primus Took over the last 6 games of the season. They won 4 and lost 2. Primus was then handed a 2 year deal. Port Adelaide under Primus had fewer resources than most clubs. They were the only side in 2010-12 that had no midfield coach.
I was doing work for the club back then and people don't understand what was happening back then. SANFL have a lot to answer for.

God I can't wait for Hinkley to go and it stopping your Hinkley trolling will just be the cream.
In the last couple of years, people in the media defending Hinkley have been mentioning the fact Hinkley has a better win percentage than Hardwick.
I bet they saw this thread, and then decided to run with it in the media because they see it as some kind of 'gotcha' argument.

In the last couple of years, people in the media defending Hinkley have been mentioning the fact Hinkley has a better win percentage than Hardwick.
I bet they saw this thread, and then decided to run with it in the media because they see it as some kind of 'gotcha' argument.
The better win % than Hardwick is a simpleton's argument which ignores so many factors the main one being the first 4 years Hardwick finished 15th,15th,12th and 12th when he had another coaches team. Hinkley started 5th, 3rd, 9th and 10th so he regressed as he built his own team. Then we come to the 3 premierships.

The better win % than Hardwick is a simpleton's argument which ignores so many factors the main one being the first 4 years Hardwick finished 15th,15th,12th and 12th when he had another coaches team. Hinkley started 5th, 3rd, 9th and 10th so he regressed as he built his own team. Then we come to the 3 premierships.
Hardwick inherited a nucleus of Riewoldt, Edwards, Deledio, Cotchin and Rance for him to build his side around, plus Martin was drafted not long after he arrived.
I know you'll probably disagree with my opinion, which is Hinkley has never had that calibre of star quality at his disposal.

Hardwick inherited a nucleus of Riewoldt, Edwards, Deledio, Cotchin and Rance for him to build his side around, plus Martin was drafted not long after he arrived.
I know you'll probably disagree with my opinion, which is Hinkley has never had that calibre of star quality at his disposal.
yeah that's the reason they are 3 time premiers, not one or two. Hinkley couldn't even crack a Grand Final in 12 goes despite never bottoming out and always getting the players he wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley has a better win % than Damien Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back