Votes: 60 19.2%
  • End of the season

Votes: 86 27.5%
  • Never - coach for life

Votes: 105 33.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

would be a good move for Ken
he knows very well how it is going to end at pt.adel.
jumping ship to a new ship is his best move going foward

How do we get it done? I’ll drive him the first 500km.
there are plenty of Pt.A members who would happily help in the moving costs
Could actually work out as a good move for west coast
Ken sure as hell needs a new change of scenery

lol Channel 7 reporting Eagles wanting Ken as their senior coach.

If he doesn’t like booing here in Adelaide, one thinks he might not enjoy the loving attention of the West Australian.
Didn't see the rousing reception Simmo got after the worst 3 seasons in the club's history?

Ken would be frothing at the mouth to get to WCE.

Didn't see the rousing reception Simmo got after the worst 3 seasons in the club's history?

I would take two GF's and a flag followed by the three worst years in club history in a ****ing microsecond over what Hinkley has given us.

I would take two GF's and a flag followed by the three worst years in club history in a ****ing microsecond over what Hinkley has given us.
i think you speak for 99% of the power fan base
good luck with it all ... do think all this is coming to a head at the conclusion of this season

Don’t think Carr is necessarily the messiah. I’d much rather have a go at Buckley.

I think it’s just that Port fans would be happy with anyone to take over from Hinkley.

Carr had a solid record taking a low tier team in the WAFL to a premiership and was hyped up as an elite coach from his days over in the WAFL more than just randomly now.

Also known to be a far better tactician of a coach which we solely are missing. Ken has full reigns and is a great motivator but a shocking game day coach.

All in all it’s more just hope with Carr and any change is better than none. Especially given Hinkley has broken the record for most games coached without making a grand final. Basically everything has changed, full turnover of a list, 10+ assistant coaches but Hinkley as the only constant for 12 years hasn’t been able to do much as a coach.

He’s been found out on game day so many times and is stable but incapable of change.

At some point the only constant has to take some of the blame for a good enough list not even making a grand final let alone winning one.

The record as coach is around 56% win rate but he’s:

41% in finals
0% in prelims
45% in showdowns
17% against top 4 sides
33% against top 8 sides
27% against former assistants (they know Ken can’t adapt his game plan).
35-3 against North/GC/St Kilda

Think the fans would be happy with a player coach over Ken to be honest.

Probably best for both sides to have a change after over a decade of the same coach, 100+ players having been coached and 15+ assistants with 0 success.
Those stats are damning.

Eagles already did the Ken thing once (flagless straight in from other club to replace flag coach) and it didn’t work out.

I think Chris Scott given where the Cats are likely going would be mad not to jump at Eagles/Crows/Port this off-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Chris Scott given where the Cats are likely going would be mad not to jump at Eagles/Crows/Port this off-season.

IIRC his oldest kid is about to start high school and there's been comments about how their family is very settled and unlikely to relocate anywhere until she's finished school.

Don’t think Carr is necessarily the messiah. I’d much rather have a go at Buckley.

I think it’s just that Port fans would be happy with anyone to take over from Hinkley.

Carr had a solid record taking a low tier team in the WAFL to a premiership and was hyped up as an elite coach from his days over in the WAFL more than just randomly now.

Also known to be a far better tactician of a coach which we solely are missing. Ken has full reigns and is a great motivator but a shocking game day coach.

All in all it’s more just hope with Carr and any change is better than none. Especially given Hinkley has broken the record for most games coached without making a grand final. Basically everything has changed, full turnover of a list, 10+ assistant coaches but Hinkley as the only constant for 12 years hasn’t been able to do much as a coach.

He’s been found out on game day so many times and is stable but incapable of change.

At some point the only constant has to take some of the blame for a good enough list not even making a grand final let alone winning one.

The record as coach is around 56% win rate but he’s:

41% in finals
0% in prelims
45% in showdowns
17% against top 4 sides
33% against top 8 sides
27% against former assistants (they know Ken can’t adapt his game plan).
35-3 against North/GC/St Kilda

Think the fans would be happy with a player coach over Ken to be honest.

Probably best for both sides to have a change after over a decade of the same coach, 100+ players having been coached and 15+ assistants with 0 success.
Holy crap, those stats are insane for a team that has had the "success" you've had the last 10 years

Holy crap, those stats are insane for a team that has had the "success" you've had the last 10 years

But the port fans are delusional for wanting him gone, since it's not the SANFL anymore and you can't expect to win the flag every year. Or every 20 years, apparently.

Yeah, i guess he gets to start the clock again, but without a flag you’ll turn on him like a Victorian umpire quicker than you can say “straight sets”.

You are going to be wanting to barrack hard for Hinkley this week because if we lose IT'S OVER and you'll need to find something new to troll us about.
2001 straight sets finals exit.
2002 and 2003 finish top of the ladder yet fail to make grand final.
2005 dream final against the Crows for 83 point loss.
2006 finished 12th and loving it.
2007 grand final disaster 119 point loss.
2008 and 2009 on field performance decline, accumulating debt, unable to pay players.
2010 losing to winless Richmond in 140th anniversary celebration game.
2011 tarps, crippling debt, struggle to find sponsors, Laidley coaching via Skype.
2012 president and coach sacked, no one interested in becoming the new Port coach.

2008 and 2009 on field performance decline, accumulating debt, unable to pay players.
2011 tarps, crippling debt, struggle to find sponsors, Laidley coaching via Skype.
2012 president and coach sacked, no one interested in becoming the new Port coach.
missed a year

I do find it funny that Yze and MacRae get accused of being cheerleaders on the sideline yet when Ken sheds a few tears because they went life and death with St.Kilda it's very brave and raw.
that's just Kane being Kane.
man's always trying to deflect off Ken and Pt.A

missed a year

the naked gun facepalm GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Ken Hinkley sack watch

Back