Coach Kenny Hinkley - should he stay or should he go (or will he be here until the end of time)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Compare the Port team player by player against Sydney or Brisbane.
Not trying to be biased, but I think Port stacks up well. Our midfield and defence are no worse than the Swans and Lions. Our forwards are trash outside of Georgiades and Rioli; Lions have us covered easily there. Sweet slightly outdid Grundy last night, has been super underrated all year, and I would put him over Grundy and McInerney.

I get it’s easy to trash port after last night but I bet you wouldn’t say we don’t stack up to the swans when we smashed them by 100+ in round 21.

Reality is that game plan was complete *** last night typical game where we just bomb away inside 50 with no other plan of attack.

Yes but we never get players like the 3 ex-cats, they should be playing local footy, got to get better than that.
Esava actually looked like a competent defender last year. Francis, Evans, and Narkle were regularly the sub when they played. I wouldn’t say we lost finals because of the subs, it’s a bit deeper than bad fringe players, don’t you think?

Esava actually looked like a competent defender last year. Francis, Evans, and Narkle were regularly the sub when they played. I wouldn’t say we lost finals because of the subs, it’s a bit deeper than bad fringe players, don’t you think?
Yes them 3 and others had bad games you need 22 giving something, just like us we make the finals all the time, and some years we have a good 17 and then an average last 6 players.

Yes them 3 and others had bad games you need 22 giving something, just like us we make the finals all the time, and some years we have a good 17 and then an average last 6 players.
As I said earlier, with the inside 50 game plan being bad, unsurprisingly, all the players who played the worst like you’re saying were our forwards like Esava, Evans, Narkle, Mead, and Dixon. Isn’t that funny?

You are right in that it has too many flakey spuds (a couple that used to be Cats) but after that long as coach it's a list he is responsible for. And he chose to bring those players in.
Yeah he certainly has a hand in it. But what about all the other staff?

Not trying to be biased, but I think Port stacks up well. Our midfield and defence are no worse than the Swans and Lions. Our forwards are trash outside of Georgiades and Rioli; Lions have us covered easily there. Sweet slightly outdid Grundy last night, has been super underrated all year, and I would put him over Grundy and McInerney.

I get it’s easy to trash port after last night but I bet you wouldn’t say we don’t stack up to the swans when we smashed them by 100+ in round 21.

Reality is that game plan was complete *** last night typical game where we just bomb away inside 50 with no other plan of attack.
Rose coloured glasses. No plan of attack? Why?
I thought Sydney looked more like they actually wanted the ball.

Its disappointing that the result was pretty well known before the first siren went to start it.

How many freekicks were awarded last night, forget who got the rub just the
whistle whistle whistle whistle , every time almost, that players went up to mark or defend against a mark and some one gets a break away on the ground off the pack, one of these parking inspector trigger happy umpires finds some tiggy touchwood penalty
Now we all understand there are rules but some are so grey they are able to be perceived in so many different ways and angles.
That these umpires are paying basketball fouls instead of genuine contact frees, and most are unknown to the audience.
Who is counting this game stifling petty free kick regime.
There were free kicks galore, last night and the game is looking "helped " along a bit, and the only satisfactory thing was Port got their come-uppence and Hinkley made a fool of himself, last week. Bit of bias sorry, but really the free kick whistle is just ruining this sport. Umpires cause wins and losses, not players as they sometimes have no idea what they've done.
We will see GF's if this keeps up regularly be decided by frees?
Four umpires, is a stupidity I do not understand?
Why the AFL
decided this was a good idea, is beyond me, but every time that bleeding whistle blows .
about two thirds of the umpire decisions are not known by the people at the game and the TV audienceand the likesof the commentators are too scared to make a comment.
The rules don't fit this contact sport. And it wins and loses matches. For everyone! .

Surely others see this ,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rose coloured glasses. No plan of attack? Why?
I thought Sydney looked more like they actually wanted the ball.

Its disappointing that the result was pretty well known before the first siren went to start it.

How many freekicks were awarded last night, forget who got the rub just the
whistle whistle whistle whistle , every time almost, that players went up to mark or defend against a mark and some one gets a break away on the ground off the pack, one of these parking inspector trigger happy umpires finds some tiggy touchwood penalty
Now we all understand there are rules but some are so grey they are able to be perceived in so many different ways and angles.
That these umpires are paying basketball fouls instead of genuine contact frees, and most are unknown to the audience.
Who is counting this game stifling petty free kick regime.
There were free kicks galore, last night and the game is looking "helped " along a bit, and the only satisfactory thing was Port got their come-uppence and Hinkley made a fool of himself, last week. Bit of bias sorry, but really the free kick whistle is just ruining this sport. Umpires cause wins and losses, not players as they sometimes have no idea what they've done.
We will see GF's if this keeps up regularly be decided by frees?
Four umpires, is a stupidity I do not understand?
Why the AFL
decided this was a good idea, is beyond me, but every time that bleeding whistle blows .
about two thirds of the umpire decisions are not known by the people at the game and the TV audienceand the likesof the commentators are too scared to make a comment.
The rules don't fit this contact sport. And it wins and loses matches. For everyone! .

Surely others see this ,
A few of the finals have been over-officiated in the first quarter/half and then under-officiated in the second half

That's going off feel rather than stats - but would be interested to see if the free count has been less in second halves across the 7 finals so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Kenny Hinkley - should he stay or should he go (or will he be here until the end of time)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back