Coach Kenny Hinkley - should he stay or should he go (or will he be here until the end of time)?

Remove this Banner Ad

He finishes his 12 year without even making a grand final. Would any other club tolerate this (apart from Gold Coast)
He has made how many semis and prelims?

From another sport, Andy Reid was head coach at Philadelphia Eagles and he made the NFC championship game 5 times, winning only 1 of them and losing that super bowl.

Then he went to Kansas City and has won 3 super bowls i think, mainly because of Patrick Mahomes. The point is the players have a bigger say than coaching deep in finals. Port has no players who can will their team over the line.

Probably time for a change, but to be fair their list is fairly dog shizen.

Key position players of Georgiades, Dixon, Ratoguela, BZK and Sweet as a ruckman is borderline worst in the league.

Key position players of Georgiades, Dixon, Ratoguela, BZK and Sweet as a ruckman is borderline worst in the league.

You take out Dixon and Ratagolea (which should have been done already), find a key defender and it's nowhere near as bad.

Not sure why you mention georgiades, first year back from a knee reco has been very good. Sweet has been very solid as well.

Dixon is shit and will be gone. BZT is either solid or absolute shit with no in between. Rat is just a spud.

He did ok considering Rozee, Butters and JHF were average during the finals. There’s some real plodders in that team now like Dixon, Boak, Wines, though these guys have been absolute warriors. Maybe a freshen up of the list and not the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why you mention georgiades, first year back from a knee reco has been very good. Sweet has been very solid as well.

Dixon is shit and will be gone. BZT is either solid or absolute shit with no in between. Rat is just a spud.

Even tonight I thought Sweet looked extremely promising. Georgiades will benefit greatly from having a few less useless tall forwards getting in his way.

I cannot conceive how apparently professional football people cannot see what is so obvious to absolutely everyone else.

Boak may be shot but at least he's trying. Dixon is a walking corpse.
Boak's been alright this year, he just a shocking night with ball in hand.

It's a case by case basis. A number of "corpses" have been decent contributors for Geelong this year.

He did ok considering Rozee, Butters and JHF were average during the finals. There’s some real plodders in that team now like Dixon, Boak, Wines, though these guys have been absolute warriors. Maybe a freshen up of the list and not the coach.

Freshen up the list? He's had 12 years and turned over half the team since their last pre lim loss.

His coaching tenure is pushing "a million monkeys at a million typewriters" and seeing if he can win a flag

In another thread I asked if all the coach blaming teams in the top 8 could stop their whining and realise that it’s not all on the one bloke. Well I was wrong and it’s time for the Emperor to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Kenny Hinkley - should he stay or should he go (or will he be here until the end of time)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back