KG's replacement on FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't stand Rowie.....acts like a ten year old. I reckon Francou would be good. His commentary always seems reasonably balance and is quite articulate.

Rowie will probably get it: like for like. Both he and KG are warm, over the top, entertaining, have the common touch.

I do like Rowie, but personally I would prefer David Wildy: knows cricket as well as footy, and is a little bit thoughtful/analytical/cerebral (compared to KG and Rowie).

But I think the radio boffins know it is all about personality, emotion, creating emotion, creating reaction. So Rowie will basically be a younger version of KG.

Thanks for allowing me to reply to the thread as an opposition fan.
As a long time listener to the sports show on 5aa(only because there is no other sports station to listen to) I along with a lot of other non Crow or Port fans would switch off if S Rowe was the replacement. The guy is an absolute t osser and cant put 2 words together. I would be happy if G Cornes got the flick as well. I really believe that 2 of D Norton , M Soderstrom, L Forrest, C Dittmar or even Greg Sanders would have no trouble whatsoever replacing both KG and Cornes. I have also heard Tim Ginever speak at StKilda functions(when we play at AAMI) and the guy is a very very good speaker. I really hope its not Rucci or Bone or David Wildey (spelling) as well.

Framed this market about 2 months ago

$3.00 Phil Smyth
$3.50 Chris McDermott
$8.00 Bruce McAvaney
$9.00 David Wildy
$15.00 John Francou
$26.00 Matthew Clarke
$26.00 Chris Dittmar
$101.00 Stephen Rowe
$201.00 Ryan Fitzgerald
$1001.00 Amanda Blair
$1001.00 Kevin Foley
$5001.00 Nicole Cornes

I think it is fair to say that Phil Smyth would be now into red figures. I have him at $1.80 as there is no obvious replacement. Bone has drifted badly. Bigger mover is Fryzie.

$1.80 Phil Smyth
$10.00 Bruce McAvaney
$10.00 David Wildy
$15.00 Chris McDermott
$15.00 John Francou
$21.00 Ryan Fitzgerald
$26.00 Matthew Clarke
$67.00 Chris Dittmar
$101.00 Stephen Rowe
$1001.00 Amanda Blair
$1001.00 Kevin Foley
$5001.00 Nicole Cornes

Rowie will probably get it: like for like. Both he and KG are warm, over the top, entertaining, have the common touch.

I do like Rowie, but personally I would prefer David Wildy: knows cricket as well as footy, and is a little bit thoughtful/analytical/cerebral (compared to KG and Rowie).

But I think the radio boffins know it is all about personality, emotion, creating emotion, creating reaction. So Rowie will basically be a younger version of KG.

Can't argue with any of the above.

Rowey will probably get it for all of the above reasons, but he would have to tone it down a little for a drive time show.

IMO the most knowledgeable and quite acceptable alternatives are Josh Francou and Leith Forrest.

Their problem in getting it is not themselves but being paired with Cornesy as he is such an arrogant, serious, know-it-all who has a poor sense of humour. If he is paired with someone who is as serious (although good) as these two, then it could become a rather boring and dry combination.

Who would want to work with Cornsey anyway????? he is driving me crazy lately?!?!?

And could they fit in anymore adds during the show? with that and the news breaks - kg and cornsey do about 10 minutes each half hour?

Cornsey can then partner with Blair in the arvo :eek:

could you imagine the opinionated wrinkly beast that would result with any parternship between those two.

molerat.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stopped listening to 5AA at the end of last year because of KG's growing irrational love of SA and hatred of anything or anyone that threatens Our Lleyton, Darren Cahill, Warren Tredrea, and Rick Davies.

Half the job has now been done - once 5AA remove the pompous grammar corrector....then I will take interest in their replacements and return to listening every afternoon.

Stephen Rowe is a knob, EXTREMELY annoying. He wont get the gig because in Summer he'd still be talking about Tredders, Goody and Norwood. Dittmar will get the gig because he's knowledgable on other sports.

3 hours of Rowe every day would kill off 5AA

I would go along with that :thumbsu:

Just as long as it helps brighten up the PA supporters of BF :)

Or if they would be game enough Nicky to sit along side hubby :eek:

The reason I heard that was to get someone high profiled and preferably from a non football background as they want to maintain it as a sports show and not a football orientated show. Like it originally stated when it was KG and David Hookes.

If it is Rowey or Fitzy and they last more than 3 months, then that would confirm that the majority of South Australians are morons.

Seriously how could anyone with half a brain listen to Fitz or Rowey and not be cringing after 5 minutes, especially with Rowey.

Wildy or Ginever for me.

I would go along with that :thumbsu:

Just as long as it helps brighten up the PA supporters of BF :)

Or if they would be game enough Nicky to sit along side hubby :eek:

In your scenario Nod, is Nick fully dressed??

Maybe have the entire family and call it the "Cornes Family Hour(s)". Have special guests like John Reidy belting out a few Rod Stewart numbers. Provided 5AA have a large enough budget, they could even get The Funk Squad to open the show on matchdays.

I stopped listening to 5AA at the end of last year because of KG's growing irrational love of SA and hatred of anything or anyone that threatens Our Lleyton, Darren Cahill, Warren Tredrea, and Rick Davies.

Half the job has now been done - once 5AA remove the pompous grammar corrector....then I will take interest in their replacements and

to listening every afternoon.

This whole SA vs VIC that they continously bleat over is dated and embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

KG's replacement on FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back