KG's replacement on FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon David Wildy.

He's the regular stand in when either are away. I reckon he goes alright too. Could see him working with Cornesy for a year or 2, then teaming up with Bone.

Agree with everyones sentiments on Rowey. Always goes way over the top with everything. Reckon he'd wear real thin, real quick.

Phil Smythe would be OK but doesnt have the footy background and knowledge to run a show that is lets face it, 70-80% footy.

Phil Smythe would be OK but doesnt have the footy background and knowledge to run a show that is lets face it, 70-80% footy.

Yeah the show is 70-80% footy but it’s not like that are asking any hard hitting questions, any monkey could conduct the interview. As long as they understand what there listen what to know, they will be fine.

Phil Smyth does the before the bounce show on match days and his football knowledge is fine for that show. If he was given the opportunity, his observational skills would allow him to be successful.

The more I think of it the more I want Leif Forrest.

He has the knowledge and is actually the person who sets up most of the interviews. Is quite articulate. Plus he appreciates sports that happen outside of SA footy. Being a Carlton supporter he has no bias towards either of our teams. He doesnt even seem bias towards the Blues, that may change if they ever do anything thoug.

The only chance we had of getting a true Crow person into the media both print and electronic was thrown out when Mark Bickley became a coach with us.

Have not listened to AA's 3 hours of power for years just like have not read the powertiser for years either.

Looks like things aint going to change :thumbsdown:

Twas reported in the Sunday Mail this morning that Stephen Rowe is on for next year.

Please, please, please let him speak English instead of those ridiculous noises he usually makes.

Plus, did Cornes ever coach him at the Crows?
Yes Cornesy did coach him at the crows.

It was always going to be Rowey. 5AA were ALWAYS going to go with "like for like".

Rowey the crowy?

Ha ha ha. I love it. More rampant crowy than KG. I can see all the power listeners
rolling their eyes.

Thats it!! Control the media first. Next, the airports, then the docks...Crows are forging onward to world domination.

We are even instilling an annoying Breakfast television host to brainwash the nation to become crows fans.

I hate you Today show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only chance we had of getting a true Crow person into the media both print and electronic was thrown out when Mark Bickley became a coach with us.

Have not listened to AA's 3 hours of power for years just like have not read the powertiser for years either.

Looks like things aint going to change :thumbsdown:

Youve got your hand down your pants when saying that surely. Three hours of Power? I guess KG, Cornesy, Aiston, Wildy, Dillon, Rowe and Bickley arent enough for you in the Adelaide media. Compared with what? Rucci and Dittmar (who has his head up the Crows arse anyway). Yup, I can see how the Power rules the media in this town :rolleyes:

Stephen Rowe is it? Good to see 5AA replace the stutterer with someone that sounds like a tourettes suffering cerebral palsy patient. Seems they are even more pandering to the lowest common denominator than before. Made my choice very easy.

Y
Stephen Rowe is it? Good to see 5AA replace the stutterer with someone that sounds like a tourettes suffering cerebral palsy patient. Seems they are even more pandering to the lowest common denominator than before. Made my choice very easy.

Shocking decision by AA if true, I cant see it being successful myself. I guarantee that within the first few months the ratings begin to tank. I suspected when KG got a tap on the shoulder that AA are overrating the show itself while underrating the people that do the show. I dont even know what the program is called, 99.9% of people refer to the show as KG or KG and Cornes. I just think that 5AA think the format is what people listen to rather than the personalities. I honestly believe that the ratings will tank and KG will come back. I will wait and see with interest.

Shocking decision by AA if true, I cant see it being successful myself. I guarantee that within the first few months the ratings begin to tank. I suspected when KG got a tap on the shoulder that AA are overrating the show itself while underrating the people that do the show. I dont even know what the program is called, 99.9% of people refer to the show as KG or KG and Cornes. I just think that 5AA think the format is what people listen to rather than the personalities. I honestly believe that the ratings will tank and KG will come back. I will wait and see with interest.

That maybe true regarding the rating if Steven Rowe takes over but in all likeliness that was always going to happen. Love him or hate him KG is an icon of South Australian sport and radio and he has a very healthy following of loyal listeners so whomever takes over may have found it difficult to be his successor and their popularity was going to suffer.

Is this just a subtle attempt from AA to lower rating so they can fire Cornes and not look like the bag guy getting rid of both KG and Cornes in less than 6 months? Poor ratings would give them an out to completely change the format of the show.

Youve got your hand down your pants when saying that surely. Three hours of Power? I guess KG, Cornesy, Aiston, Wildy, Dillon, Rowe and Bickley arent enough for you in the Adelaide media. Compared with what? Rucci and Dittmar (who has his head up the Crows arse anyway). Yup, I can see how the Power rules the media in this town :rolleyes:

I don't think its the personality its the over emphasis they have to place on everything Port Power to avoid constant calls by Port supporters complaining about everything Blue,Red and Yellow.

I'm fine with an attempt at 50-50 coverage like they do with 2 players from each club and also the game on live, but what some Port supporters seem to forget is of course the show is going to talk about the Crows more, there are more crows supporters therefore more crows fans are going to call. I can't see the the show ensuring that they get 50% of calls from each supporter group.

I have no problem with there being more Crow emphasis, nor with a Crowie being given KGs spot. I have a problem with people claiming that Port have more play in the media in Adelaide, making a call of 'three hours of power' and 'its our only hope of getting a Crow personality' is just blatantly wrong.

I wouldnt have even minded if Bickley was given the gong, at least he can string three words together and doesnt sound like he's been hired in some sort of work for the disabled scheme.

Im with relapse. Ill give it 3 months and KG will be back.

I really find it hard to beleive that 5AA would do this. I like Rowey but in very small doses and I just don't think this will work. I would have been happy with anyone of Smyth, Dittmar or Wildy. I think Phil Smyth would have been my choice.

If Rowey is the replacement, I will NEVER listen again.

He is an absolute joke. IF he learns to tone it down a bit then maybe it's worth listening to but otherwise not a chance. He is absolutely horrible and it'll make football in SA look even worse. :thumbsdown:

Framed this market about 2 months ago

$3.00 Phil Smyth
$3.50 Chris McDermott
$8.00 Bruce McAvaney
$9.00 David Wildy
$15.00 John Francou
$26.00 Matthew Clarke
$26.00 Chris Dittmar
$101.00 Stephen Rowe
$201.00 Ryan Fitzgerald
$1001.00 Amanda Blair
$1001.00 Kevin Foley
$5001.00 Nicole Cornes

I think it is fair to say that Phil Smyth would be now into red figures. I have him at $1.80 as there is no obvious replacement. Bone has drifted badly. Bigger mover is Fryzie.

$1.80 Phil Smyth
$10.00 Bruce McAvaney
$10.00 David Wildy
$15.00 Chris McDermott
$15.00 John Francou
$21.00 Ryan Fitzgerald
$26.00 Matthew Clarke
$67.00 Chris Dittmar
$101.00 Stephen Rowe
$1001.00 Amanda Blair
$1001.00 Kevin Foley
$5001.00 Nicole Cornes

Are these Odds still current? I'll put $50 on Rowey! ;)

Is this just a subtle attempt from AA to lower rating so they can fire Cornes and not look like the bag guy getting rid of both KG and Cornes in less than 6 months? Poor ratings would give them an out to completely change the format of the show.

It could, and they could completely change the format... but isn't it already the highest rating show for it's timeslot? There'd be no point in changing the format!

I thought we were just talking about AA but you also have Ebert and Abernethy and as for the Stud has 2 lads playing for the power so how can any one not support their kids.I can honestly say that if any of my family played for the power i would support them Why its like this if i was down and out and went to them for help i would get it if i went to the Crows i would get NOTHING.

Dittmar has his head up our backsides please he sticks the teal knife in to us every chance he gets.Also have had the misfortune of meeting him several times through a friend of mine and trust me he dont like us amazing what you can find out when ask what team you support and you bend the truth a bit

And a bit hars on Wildy i remember him as being fair unless he has changed in the last 4-5 years

Jeebuz macca. Did you forget Abernethy? And Cornesy kids play for Port.
I'd say its pretty even. And, how about ALL the sooking on your board about it. Laughable.................just laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

KG's replacement on FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back