KG's replacement on FiveAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I stole this idea directly from the Port board, but was interested in what people thought about the only daily Adelaide based sports show on commercial radio, and who should replace KG.

On the Port board it has been suggested Rowie or Ginever have got the job. I for one would not want Rowie on a daily basis, would drive me nuts. Ginever would be good but unsure of his situation with the PAMFC.

My favourite would be Daniel Norton of Leif Forrest. Both young blokes who seem to know their stuff. Neither are ex footballers so they can relate to sport like most of us do. Would also provide some balance to what at times resembles "The Crows Show", which lets face it if Rowie takes over, with Cornsey there it will do.

I actually feel they could do worse than to pension Cornes off too......

Rowie will be no good. Agree Cornsey could go as well.

Tim Ginever would be excellent. Perhaps team him up with Phil Smythe.

And have the hour of Power? yeah that sounds great. :rolleyes:

Mark Soderstrom would be my guess and that is coming from left field.

I used to listen to AA religiously Monday to Sunday when I was at uni in Adelaide. Have not lived in Adelaide since early January 2000 so I don't know what has happened at AA since.

I would have thought Ditts would be the man for the job. Is Ditts still at the station? I know for a fact he commentated the 2004 GF becuase I bought the CD of the commentary. Ditts: "We're coming home with the cup Ken, we're coming home with the cup, this is unbelievable". Memories.

I used to listen to AA religiously Monday to Sunday when I was at uni in Adelaide. Have not lived in Adelaide since early January 2000 so I don't know what has happened at AA since.

I would have thought Ditts would be the man for the job. Is Ditts still at the station? I know for a fact he commentated the 2004 GF becuase I bought the CD of the commentary. Ditts: "We're coming home with the cup Ken, we're coming home with the cup, this is unbelievable". Memories.

Ditts is still there. And should be in the running.

I was listening a few weeks ago and a caller was thanking KG and suggesting that Rowie should get the job. KG said that's what's happening, followed by an awkward silence and the show went straight to an ad break. It was as if KG had let the cat out of the bag accidently.

If tim Ginever gets the gig I won't be tuning in.

I love Rowie however I agree you couldn't have him on there with Cornesy.

worts case scenario for me would be either Bone, Rucci or the squash playing fella who annoys the shit out of me.

With your great pic they will gain 2 people and loose 1000's!

I was listening a few weeks ago and a caller was thanking KG and suggesting that Rowie should get the job. KG said that's what's happening, followed by an awkward silence and the show went straight to an ad break. It was as if KG had let the cat out of the bag accidently.

I did hear that.....Was hoping it would be wrong though and didnt want to post it, it was a saturday morning I think. You could almost hear the others gasp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if this has been suggested before.... but what about Cahill and Cornsey?
a pretty unique opportunity to get both inaugural coaches on the one radio station ???

Cahill does have some radio experience on MMM.

Rowies is a great football caller... but dont know id like to listen to him at 5pm every time i drive home at night.

I did hear that.....Was hoping it would be wrong though and didnt want to post it, it was a saturday morning I think. You could almost hear the others gasp.

I hope it isnt Rowe

KG is a hard person to replace. I heard that it is going to be Smythe, but that was a month or so ago.

Yip, it was a Saturday morning as there were others in the studio, not just KG and Cornsey.

Cahill does have some radio experience on MMM.

I actually think Cahill is past it. Also if KG is being pensioned off because of his age, wouldnt the correct move be to freshen the entire panel up and do away with Cornsey also.

dont think it will be tim ginever purely and simply because he will have commitments with the magpies during the week i'd imagine.

I know someone who works at 5aa.

Its going to be Rowe.

IIRC about two years ago 3AW made an attempt to lure him over to Victoria, kind of be a Rex Hunt clone. He stayed though, maybe this gig was what made him stay, as well as his love for the state???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back