KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

images

Because everything this century sucks! (Broadly speaking.)
If you're a meat-n-potatoes rock-n-roll guy, fair that this century hasn't been kind to you, but in other genres there's been some incredible stuff put up. Kendrick Lamar, The Avalanches, Fiona Apple, Arctic Monkeys, Sufjan Stevens have all done some epic work.

so if they are only playing 3 songs:
Rock and Roll All Nite
Shout It Out Loud
I Was Made For Lovin' You

--------------
I'm not a KISS expert/fan, so feedback/suggestion/criticism welcome
Urgh. If I had a 45 at my head and Kiss had to play the GF, I would nominate Detroit Rock City as one of them.

KISS is blues based Rock n Roll so I don't agree.
It doesn't make them good blues-based rock and roll, though. I mean, my mate's band down the road also plays blues-based rock and roll, but that doesn't mean that rock and roll lovers have to love them, either.

For what it's worth, I like and sometimes love rock and roll, from the Stones through to Pearl Jam. KISS just kinda leave me cold, though - it's just a tad edgeless for me.

It doesn't make them good blues-based rock and roll, though. I mean, my mate's band down the road also plays blues-based rock and roll, but that doesn't mean that rock and roll lovers have to love them, either.

For what it's worth, I like and sometimes love rock and roll, from the Stones through to Pearl Jam. KISS just kinda leave me cold, though - it's just a tad edgeless for me.
With all due respect, Pearl Jam are not a good band.
Kiss were a dangerous band until the kids starting wearing their makeup. They are known as a live band and didn't get where they are by auditioning for the Voice. They have played thousands of live gigs.
They will go off and play a great set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo who is a music buff said on 7 that he saw them 12 months ago at Rod Laver Arena & said they were great despite their age.
I've mentioned this before, but truth is.. The current KISS show still blows majority of current band shows out of the water.. Notice that I emphasize the word 'show', because when you go see a band you want a show..If you just want to just hear music and 3 guys standing there strumming their guitars, stay home and play their CD.

At least they will have time to play all their hits....... :D

Couldn't really give a rats about the "entertainment", it is all about the game.

We are not the Superbowl. That rubbish game needs all the help it can get.

It is true though that unless you are a Cat , Robbie Williams was the highlight of last years Granny. :straining:

(however we should always have Mike Brady on GF day, an institution that we will miss badly when he is gone IMO. (Up there Cazaly brilliant)

Last edited:
if the kids somehow watched free to air their ears might perk up because they'll probably recognise some of backing to some mcdonald's ads.

in general, at least 10 years too late.

i have to say though, i feel good that afl fans can have this discussion. it's my uninformed opinion that nrl fans would all just unironically ask for cold chisel or daryl braithwaite each year.

The majority of people who attend the footy are under the age of 45.

I think you'll find the Venn diagram of people who are AFL supporters, and who know more than four lines of any Kiss song, and who are under the age of 45 is pretty small indeed.

In recent years we’ve had Baker Boy, Tones and I and god knows who at the Covid Grand Final.

You’d be lucky if 10% of the audience had heard of any of them prior to grand final day nor know who the **** they are after grand final day.

KISS on the other hand would be known by 90% of the audience and whether they know their songs or not, they know who they are.

The majority of people who attend the footy are under the age of 45.

I think you'll find the Venn diagram of people who are AFL supporters, and who know more than four lines of any Kiss song, and who are under the age of 45 is pretty small indeed.
Not the GF. Most people who have the kind of money to get to the GF are a bit older than that.

KISS will hopefully be as good as Alice Cooper was at NSW fire appeal concert in 2020. At 72 he put on a great medley of hits and pretty much was the best set of the day.

As with the GF, anyone under 30 will be thinking “ what am I looking at “..but the songs will win them over .

Remove this Banner Ad

KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back