Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want a key forward? Well good news Pears has been playing forward in the VFL so primed and ready. You can have him and we'll take Garlett hell have Leroy as well.

I hear you need some outside pace......Brock McLean is only 27 and has good leadership skillz

now let's stop derailing Knight's fine thread with this babble

I hear you need some outside pace......Brock McLean is only 27 and has good leadership skillz

now let's stop derailing Knight's fine thread with this babble
He did chase down the next Chris Judd in Atley so he must be quick.

But yes fair call on stopping.

McKenzie has something and has had some BIG games. I'm just waiting for him to do it against a good team and waiting for him to put it together week in week out. If he does that then he can be a second round selection and one with real scope to develop.

Odd that you have him as 1 of 6 potential A-graders but not in the first 55 picks

At this stage would you see him as a good selection for WB at pick 26? Is he likely to still be available by then?

nightmare just wondering if you have been following the bound for glory draft tonight. seems pretty average and don't really rate the people doing it such as jordan and paige cardona think they have a habit of following other drafts and copying. for example they have touk miller at 21 which i was very surprised with

Why has McKenzie gone from a Solid Prospect to a Potential Gun Prospect?

Especially odd considering just yesterday Knightmare said he could be a second rounder only if he started performing against better opposition.

Maybe the attention finally got too much to ignore?

Especially odd considering just yesterday Knightmare said he could be a second rounder only if he started performing against better opposition.

Maybe the attention finally got too much to ignore?

Well he would come in Attention after a 10 Goal Game.

Though I remember in 2009 and Knights Player(Forgot his Name) kicked 11 Goals in a game but was never heard of again

Odd that you have him as 1 of 6 potential A-graders but not in the first 55 picks

At this stage would you see him as a good selection for WB at pick 26? Is he likely to still be available by then?

Got some tape of his better games - seen too many of his sub parr games and have now assessed his numbers more closely and taken in the way his game is rapidly developing in a similar way to Bontempelli last year.

He's got the height/size/athletic ability and right mix of attributes. I'm happy to adjust my initial evaluation and there are always a few I do so with this time every year.

McKenzie is looking like a genuine top 10 quality pick to me now after comparing his game to those other likely top picks. Really liking his scope to develop into a monster at the next level.

nightmare just wondering if you have been following the bound for glory draft tonight. seems pretty average and don't really rate the people doing it such as jordan and paige cardona think they have a habit of following other drafts and copying. for example they have touk miller at 21 which i was very surprised with

Haven't seen the bound for glory draft.

Feel free to post a link and I'll check it out on completion.

Paige I can vouch for. She knows her stuff and goes to TAC Cup games regularly.

Anyone else on bound for glory unless they're people I've been in contact with on bigfooty I'm likely not familiar with and I'm not informed enough on what they post to have enough of an idea of what they know/don't know.

21 for Touk Miller is probably a touch higher than I'd pick him as he's a small inside only type but in saying that he has a real energy around the ball and can really win it and do some eye-catching things inside the contest. If that's the worst selection they've made they're probably going relatively ok for some guys online.

for your reading pleasure Knightmare

It's happening live right now

https://twitter.com/Bound4GloryNews

Aware I'm not KM so I'm sorry to butt in, but - if I'm to pick problems with that

1) It's very TAC-cup centric. I think most of the drafters were Victorian and it showed - especially late draft as plenty of fringe prospects from the TAC were picked and some blokes who haven't even been mentioned on here. As a result some of the non vics slid a bit - Gore at 70 a good example of that. Just seems as if the victorians were favoured in any tight call. Looking at it there were individually less both SA & WA players drafted in that than in any of KM, Chris's, my own or the BF trial mock (with the exception of Chris's where there aren't as many WA kids)

2) The 'drafters' were essentially against a clock. When under pressure sometimes poor decisions are made and due to the time pressure I think the drafters were prone to picking the known (to them) and familiar quantity - i.e. the one they'd seen every week in the TAC instead of making researched picks. Time's a killer.

KM Has Alex Urban disappeared into the sunset ? He racks up numbers each week yet missed both State and National Combines is there a slight on this kid two years ago he was the rave now it seems barely given a chance ? What's your thoughts out there guys

Reece McKenzie getting a lot more attention now :(

I was hoping that the Saints would get Petracca at 1 and McKenzie at 21, now if McKenzie keeps going like this we might not get him. Damn.

I was hoping that the Saints would get Petracca at 1 and McKenzie at 21, now if McKenzie keeps going like this we might not get him. Damn.
I am a Dees member and want to keep Frawley. The Saints could alter there total youth program for 2014 and pick up Frawley on a long term deal. He is a very good KPD and running tall forward. You can then get Petracca who the Dees and GWS want. You will likely still get a pick 1 or 2 in 2015 and perhaps a priority pick as well as pick up another free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Durdin to play his first League game with West Adelaide tomorrow.

KM, Brett Turner from West also invited to State Screening, along with Jess Watchman.

Do you know much about Brett?

KM if you were a recruiter out of Moore Pickett Brayshaw Mckenzie and Laverde which order would u take them?

Aware I'm not KM so I'm sorry to butt in, but - if I'm to pick problems with that

1) It's very TAC-cup centric. I think most of the drafters were Victorian and it showed - especially late draft as plenty of fringe prospects from the TAC were picked and some blokes who haven't even been mentioned on here. As a result some of the non vics slid a bit - Gore at 70 a good example of that. Just seems as if the victorians were favoured in any tight call. Looking at it there were individually less both SA & WA players drafted in that than in any of KM, Chris's, my own or the BF trial mock (with the exception of Chris's where there aren't as many WA kids)

2) The 'drafters' were essentially against a clock. When under pressure sometimes poor decisions are made and due to the time pressure I think the drafters were prone to picking the known (to them) and familiar quantity - i.e. the one they'd seen every week in the TAC instead of making researched picks. Time's a killer.

The less time to make decisions does count for something but with strong preparation shouldn't be a massive factor if ticking each guy off their big board as selected.

But the TAC Cup centric point is an apt one. Paige and I'm assuming the other writers are TAC Cup followers who attend those games every week and for that reason naturally have a strong bias towards the competition and better feel for their games.

KM Has Alex Urban disappeared into the sunset ? He racks up numbers each week yet missed both State and National Combines is there a slight on this kid two years ago he was the rave now it seems barely given a chance ? What's your thoughts out there guys

Good tac cup player and given his strong numbers it is surprising to see him not invited to the national combine or even the state screenings.

I have no insight into why he has missed out.

Looking at the state screening list he's better than most invited so it makes you wonder.

Can only imagine clubs weren't impressed by his interviews because his production and play has been solid.

With McKenzie it is dependent on how he closes out the season over the final few games but if he puts forward some more dominant performances then he looks like a first rounder and someone who on quality should really be a top 10 pick.

Sam Durdin to play his first League game with West Adelaide tomorrow.

KM, Brett Turner from West also invited to State Screening, along with Jess Watchman.

Do you know much about Brett?

Will be tracking how Durdin goes.

Haven't seen Turner play so not familiar with his game. What should I know about Turner?

Typically unless the non Victorian's aren't AIS boys, play u18 champs or play senior footy (SANFL/WAFL) chances are I won't have seen them play as those are the only times I see those outside of Victoria.

KM if you were a recruiter out of Moore Pickett Brayshaw Mckenzie and Laverde which order would u take them?

Still finalising my draft board.

But for the Pies this group would be my shortlist of guys with Durdin, Goddard and Ahern are some others I'd have thereabouts and in that conversation.

McKenzie and Laverde are two I have floating and their eventual position will depend entirely on how they close out the season - do they dominate and continue to step up or put forward mild performances?
McKenzie needs to continue with those big games hitting the scoreboard in bunches taking regular contested marks. Love the upward growth in his game and the way he's trending - it suggests real growth still to come in his game.
And Laverde I'd like to see find more of the footy but love the things he's doing and I love his scope to develop.

Pickett would be an incredible list fit as he's the quickest and best user of his pace in game. He'd be a big difference maker for the Pies.

At the moment as on my page one power rankings would be how I'd rate them.
1. Brayshaw
2. McKenzie
3. Moore
4. Pickett
5. Laverde

Highly likely that my power rankings will be different again next week so ask me again at seasons end.

With that first pick I feel a big forward is a need with no key forward under the age of 24 on the list so it's probably between McKenzie and Moore. Who projects as the better pro? Will McKenzie definitely be available? They're questions I'll hopefully be able to better answer at seasons end but they're the two I'd be most closely considering with that first round pick.

Leverde a big slider on your power rankings, KM. Why the change of mind?

My power rankings will probably be different again next week but a combination of my preference towards the key talls early draft and Laverde not playing through midfield and not finding quite the numbers I'd like him to is the reason for the drop.

Still a clear top 20 pick. Just in the process of weighing up is he inside the top 15? top 10? All possible but I'm interested to see what he does in these final rounds and through the finals before concluding exactly where I'd pick him in the draft order.

Brett Turner is fairly versatile, but dominated his Under 18 game last week which included something like 12 centre clearances.

Plenty of scouts there to watch Durdin in the Reserves and they would have been impressed with him.

Hey knightmare, great read.
Not sure you have covered this guy , rouke Fischer from the stingrays. Dislocated his wrist which cost him place in vic county team .
What's your thought on him?.
Thank in advance

I am a Dees member and want to keep Frawley. The Saints could alter there total youth program for 2014 and pick up Frawley on a long term deal. He is a very good KPD and running tall forward. You can then get Petracca who the Dees and GWS want. You will likely still get a pick 1 or 2 in 2015 and perhaps a priority pick as well as pick up another free agent.

I think Frawley is kidding himself, didn't he want 7 years for 700k a year? PFT. If he's only going to settle for that I'd hope we wouldn't even look in his direction. St Kilda want to be back for finals by 2018 and back in contention for a flag 2020 (?) or so, from memory, so by the time we're contesting finals/premierships again Frawley will be 30-32 years old which isn't ideal. Having said that I WOULD love to have him at the Saints to sure up our defence but I don't think the club will do it, they'll stick to the plan and Frawley isn't worth 700k per year.

Hey knightmare, great read.
Not sure you have covered this guy , rouke Fischer from the stingrays. Dislocated his wrist which cost him place in vic county team .
What's your thought on him?.
Thank in advance

Fischer has been one of the better players on a bad Stingrays team. Not being invited to the national or state combine suggests he's likely not getting drafted.

Planning a pretty significant re-jig with my draft profiles and going into substantially more depth. Just need to get some more profiles complete for an update to be worthwhile.

This is spot on. One of the non-Victorian BFGN drafters apparently noticed or envisaged this, and ended up picking one Victorian from his 12 picks. Nonetheless, they're doing write-ups on the picks which'll only be a good thing.

Hey KM... Was reading through Skippos phantom and wanted your opinion on Caleb Daniel. I know he's tiny, but can he make it and to what level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back