Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope we don't take the hyphen at 30.

Much prefer Gore or Maynard.

So would I swoop. Just if we go for De Goey early I imagine we'll look for more a running type thereafter.

Hammelmann Knightmare ?

Thoughts on him now that the Lions have decided to let him through to the keeper o_O

Hammelmann I felt at the time should have been selected. If Foster is getting picked as a father son then Hammelmann surely should be selected. He's an interesting key forward prospect. Worth a rookie spot at least.

KM don't west coast have 5 picks including waterman ?

Think you have us as only 4 picks ?

Delisted
Cox
Glass
Smith
Brennan
Carter
Wilson

Sinclair raised to main list.

Acres vs Blakey

Who do you take

It's hard. Nothing in it at all and really appreciate both of their games.

Blakely for me is the better midfielder and has the better more established inside game. For immediate impact he would be my pick of the two relatively mostly due to the senior WAFL League experience. Acres has an overall better rounded game and the extra versatility.

I'll go Acres if you force me to choose, but they're two of my picks of these past two drafts based on my pre-draft rankings.

KM don't west coast have 5 picks including waterman ?

Think you have us as only 4 picks ?

Delisted
Cox
Glass
Smith
Brennan
Carter
Wilson

Sinclair raised to main list.

I've gone as simple as four rounds of prospects, without looking at how many picks each club has and who is being upgraded.

I may fix that later but up until this point it hasn't been a priority. After the first round I'm more so just concerned with putting players into the rough range they'll land on draft day with more of a focus on the top end with those later picks rarely predicted.

Knightmare, You have done a power of work. Brilliant job.

Corrections for you: the Hawks will only select 2 players at 31 and 49 in the Draft after elevating Webster and Willsmore from the Rookie list. This may change your phantom draft.

Info on the elevated players: If I recall correctly Webster had one best on ground for Box Hill and a few times in the best 6 but had injury issues. I don't remember Willsmore being in the top 6 in any game.

Aside: your chosen photo creeps me out.

So would I swoop. Just if we go for De Goey early I imagine we'll look for more a running type thereafter.

Hammelmann I felt at the time should have been selected. If Foster is getting picked as a father son then Hammelmann surely should be selected. He's an interesting key forward prospect. Worth a rookie spot at least.

Cheers. Interesting to see what Lions do at #67 :footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much of a gap do you see between the top 3 mids KM? Seems to be hugely varying opinions on the next cluster (Laverde/Weller/Ahern/blakely etc), but do you think Petracca/Brayshaw/Heeney could all be as good as each other, or do they have a clear cut order to you?

Knightmare, You have done a power of work. Brilliant job.

Corrections for you: the Hawks will only select 2 players at 31 and 49 in the Draft after elevating Webster and Willsmore from the Rookie list. This may change your phantom draft.

Info on the elevated players: If I recall correctly Webster had one best on ground for Box Hill and a few times in the best 6 but had injury issues. I don't remember Willsmore being in the top 6 in any game.

Aside: your chosen photo creeps me out.
Willsmore has been in the best as much as Webster. He kicked a bag of 4 against willy and was among the best against collingwood too. He also played a solid grand final with 10 marks, 12 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 tackles and 3 hit outs.
He was thrown in defence for a lot of the year when he is a forward. Learning his trade I'm sure! Will be a gun when he puts some size on his frame.
Webster looks the goods too, hard as a cats head.... Could be something special!

Bless you Knightmare - Oscar McDonald to the Swans!

My personal opinion is he'll go earlier but what a deal that would be for the Swans, we get one live pick and it's exactly the type and quality we're after. The Swans are talking about only one live pick (not confirmed yet) but if Beasley was available at our second live pick (58) I'd hope we would reconsider a potential rookie upgrade and take him instead - I really think this guy could be something.... In fact, if McDonald isn't available I'd probably take Beasley at 37

One more question KM, do you think it could be possible that we go with a mid like Weller with our first pick and a KPD like Ramsay or McDonald with our second, instead of the other way round?

Appreciate the effort as always Knightmare. This is yet again an unbelievable effort and you deserve a huge amount of credit for the work you put into your profiles year after year.

Having said that I can't help but feel that you've completely missed the mark with regards to Carlton's needs this time around. I would be absolutely stunned if we use 3 of our 4 live selections on players who project as key position players.

We've recently brought two taller players to the club through the trade period in Jaksch and Jones, and our recruiters are on record as stipulating exactly what they're looking for through the draft so to deviate so far from that is very unrealistic.

We may pick a taller player at some stage but expect most of our picks to be used on players who can add to our midfield rotation rather than the book ends of the ground.

Later picks are always far more up in the air so I won't put forth any names for those selections as anything can happen, but for our first pick in particular I think we can expect a smaller player to be selected.

Keeping in mind I've hardly seen anything of most of the names being put forward but given your orders of who may or may not be available I think it is significantly more likely that one of Blakely, Duggan, Garlett or Menadue would be heading to Visy Park.

I note you have Blakely listed in the "best few on list quality" and Lamb listed in the "best of the rest" category. To therefore put forth that Carlton would flip them around - presumably because you're going on the tiresome belief that Carlton is desperate for key position players - seems a little odd to me.

Hey KM, I notice in your latest rankings a giant leap for my favourite Blakely and Reece McKenzie from the 20s into the top bracket. What happened to rearrange the order?
Also what happened to Wright falling so far?
Is it just a by-product of you elevating McKenzie or is there more to it.
How late do you think you could get McKenzie? 23 for example?

Hi KM, apologies if you've answered this question previously, I've not read through your previous threads.

Caleb Daniel. From you're write up, he's got incredible ball skills. I seem to remember hearing/reading similar about Prestia before he was drafted, but Dion was still picked up at 9. Are the differences between them mainly height and speed, as to why Caleb would be more likely to be drafted towards the end of the draft?

I would be happy if collingwood drafted these players, but with pick 30 if Maynard is available id take him if not id go Wigg before Vickers-Willis, wouldnt argue with any of them.
What is your opinion on Wigg?

Bless you Knightmare - Oscar McDonald to the Swans!

My personal opinion is he'll go earlier but what a deal that would be for the Swans, we get one live pick and it's exactly the type and quality we're after. The Swans are talking about only one live pick (not confirmed yet) but if Beasley was available at our second live pick (58) I'd hope we would reconsider a potential rookie upgrade and take him instead - I really think this guy could be something.... In fact, if McDonald isn't available I'd probably take Beasley at 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back