Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been looking through other phantoms in great depth to be aware of others having Howe to Richmond. I just see him going roughly in that range and offering a look I can see a Richmond enjoying as someone with the versatility to play wherever you need him - back/fwd/mid as well as some athleticism which I can see appealing to Richmond and other teams around that stage.

Okay fair enough. I reckon we'll be looking at genuinely fast mids at that stage though (assuming we take Ellis) and can see us reaching for a Drummond or Gore before taking a utility. We'll see.

Cockatoo is firmly in the mix at 16. Whether he is the eventual pick is an unknown. But what I can say is that he definitely impressed North when he trained with them earlier in the year via the AIS program so expect him at the very least if there to be a strong consideration.

Oscar McDonald I've had a few North fans ask me about. 25 is where you'd need to pick him to get him. North I get the sense are in win now mode based on recent list additions so I expect North to go another way at 25 (and more specifically for guys who aren't KPPs as they won't contribute right away), but I imagine McDonald will be a consideration.
Yeah I was of the same thoughts cheers mate! wouldn't mind a D.Mckenzie like type at pick 25 of another player with wheels. It's easy enough to get kpp later in draft

Good job mate , would be happy if port got those players you listed.
Only concern is a Kpd which perhaps could be in the rookie draft.

Knight just had footy training two of my trainers used to play caul field grammar and aps state. Both could of probably made the grade but choose cricket instead. They said that Dylan Shiel is an absolute superstar also went to school with buggy and said Shiel is 50 times better. Shiel seems I think will be GWS BEST MID! That's what they all think. Also caul field grammar coach ran past and is a Richmond recruiter he said 4 caul field kids will probably get drafted this year. Who are they?

There is no way in hell we would take Langford over Lever!!!
Credibility on the line stuff KM

Jaden McGrath has shown glimpses but his issue has always been injury. He struggled with injury last year and same story this year. But none the less he is draftable as a small mid who has particularly in some of the AIS games early season looked good. I remember the AIS v Collingwood game well and McGrath really competed well v the Collingwood mids and was probably one of AIS' very best mids on the day which was a great sign. If he sneaks into the late draft region then he is worth a shot. He has the scope to develop and if you get him late and he develops then he would certainly be a good get.

McGrath is a classy small midfielder. Has some real composure with ball in hand and uses it well. Has some hardness and can win his own inside ball. Uses it well and does many good things such as lowering his eyes to find inside 50 targets, he will get the handball off last second when guys go to tackle him. So he shows some good glimpses. Just his TAC Cup numbers on paper look poor - but again that relates to injury and if he was healthy it would be a different story and McGrath would be spoken about more highly.

In fairness to his production though, he did play mostly as a forward due to the Pioneers ordinary list. He was used vary sparingly as a midfielder and when he did it was only as a winger.

KM, will Cockatoo last until Bombers' picks. Also heard rumour that he trained the NM is that true and do you think they are more inclined to take him because of this.

KM - herald sun are saying Melb might not take Petracca and take Wright instead at pick 2 or 3. Do you think GWS would take Petracca at 4? Would Collingwood take Petracca if by some miracle he slipped to pick 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knight just had footy training two of my trainers used to play caul field grammar and aps state. Both could of probably made the grade but choose cricket instead. They said that Dylan Shiel is an absolute superstar also went to school with buggy and said Shiel is 50 times better. Shiel seems I think will be GWS BEST MID! That's what they all think. Also caul field grammar coach ran past and is a Richmond recruiter he said 4 caul field kids will probably get drafted this year. Who are they?

I initially projected Shiel to be the better of GWS' young mids but Treloar has proven at least for the time being to be streets ahead. Shiel will be one of that top group for GWS and have a productive 250+ game career I envisage.

Daniel McKenzie and Daniel Capiron are the two that come to mind from Caulfield who will get selected this year. Answerth may also be in the mix. Perhaps someone will let me know if I'm missing someone but I'm not seeing the 4 guys this recruiters is.

I don't see credibility applying to a phantom draft. Phantom drafts are just guesswork based on logic and media rumours. I only personally value the draft profiles and draft rankings as can be seen with my power rankings. But I do the phantom draft also as people always will have interest in who their clubs may be selecting.

There are some clubs out there that favour Langford to Lever, it will be interesting which way Adelaide go. Key defence I would agree with you is a priority to Adelaide but I also see Langford as a list fit and those key defenders with the depth of this group potentially coming in later depending on the evaluation.

Why has Jack Cripps fallen so far back?

Tall and productive which is something and may well get him drafted but I'd like for his scoreboard impact to be higher. With key forwards unless you're considered a first round selection you never quite know where they'll go and Cripps seems to slot into that pick 30 onward region as someone who could slide into the rookie draft or get overlooked completely. It's such an even draft that it comes down to interpretation and preference this year.

Any chance you end up at North as part of their list management team?

I'd be happy to be involved with any club and I'd be happy if I was so fortunate as to receive a position with North Melbourne but I haven't had any dialogue with North.

KM, will Cockatoo last until Bombers' picks. Also heard rumour that he trained the NM is that true and do you think they are more inclined to take him because of this.

Cockatoo did train with North Melbourne and they liked what they saw so if he is there he will be firmly in the mix for North given they like him and their list needs. Still not out of the question he makes it to Essendon's pick. Someone needs to slide with that top 22/23 all rated pretty evenly and open to interpretation depending on who you ask.

KM - herald sun are saying Melb might not take Petracca and take Wright instead at pick 2 or 3. Do you think GWS would take Petracca at 4? Would Collingwood take Petracca if by some miracle he slipped to pick 5?

I haven't seen the herald sun report suggesting Melbourne will pass on Petracca in favour of Wright. In the surprising scenario Petracca slips by Melbourne at 2/3 then I can't see GWS passing him up. For all we know Petracca is at the top of their draft board. GWS if they want Pickett can still probably get him at 6 I would have thought so there is no reason they'd pass on Petracca who I'd guess would be top of their draft board.

That outcome makes the most sense with Melbourne not needing talls as much as midfielders.

Answerth Mckenzie caprion Webb

Of those Webb and McKenzie will get picked. Capiron most likely will but probably goes mid-late draft. Answerth is no lock.

Great result for the school if even three of those get drafted. Excellent haul.

Hi KM if the Hawks picked up pat mckenna would he play at box hill development side or would it be better for him to play another year of tac cup.
On what you have seen.

Knight do you know what the most successful aps school is of getting players drafted?

Hi KM if the Hawks picked up pat mckenna would he play at box hill development side or would it be better for him to play another year of tac cup.
On what you have seen.

Doubt he would be allowed to play tac cup if drafted. Calder would give the 19 year old spot to somebody else.

You do realise that phantom drafting is far more about knowing the right people and receiving the right information than it is skill?

The credibility of those who phantom draft on here should be assessed by the strength of their profiles and success rate of their talent identification related calls, not their ability to predict how the cards fall.

On what you have seen.

I haven't seen McKenna but I've heard about his game and have a feel for what he can do. The guy had a game where he had 16 goals and played the rest of the season against more senior opposition. He may get some games in the development side if picked by Hawthorn but I'd imagine he'd be good enough for VFL.

Knight do you know what the most successful aps school is of getting players drafted?

Probably Xavier. Sydney particularly love their Xavier boys.

How excited are you right now knightmare ??? Great effort once again

It's always good fun for me but I'm more a process guy. When one year finishes the next year begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back